• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk why Snyder wouldn’t trade with us, it’s not like we’re anything close to rivals. But if we needed an edge guy I’d do it, I think he would be a solid fit here

I’m sure they’re fighting to keep their fan base. The last thing he wants is to help improve the ravens and the bandwagon grows

Simba

Staff Member
Side note on Gillmore... how shitty must they believe the FAs are to work out a guy that hasn’t played a regular season game since 2016? I wouldn’t doubt it’s mostly due diligence, but damn it must suck to be on the market right now and seeing Crockett fucking Gillmore getting a workout before you.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That good huh?

i started with some games earlier in the year where i had in my head that there was still some improvement required (and i do think there's still room to grow with being consistent with his hand usage but honestly the later into the season we got the better he got as a pass rusher - i wonder still how much they'll put him on the field for 1st down or 2nd and short which puts a ceiling on him but the more i watched the more you see that it's all there - he really did make a leap down the stretch last year and you just have to hope that carries over into this year

he was surprisingly effective in the run game though (just was used very sporadically)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Fan base?

20130604_2300361.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i started with some games earlier in the year where i had in my head that there was still some improvement required (and i do think there's still room to grow with being consistent with his hand usage but honestly the later into the season we got the better he got as a pass rusher - i wonder still how much they'll put him on the field for 1st down or 2nd and short which puts a ceiling on him but the more i watched the more you see that it's all there - he really did make a leap down the stretch last year and you just have to hope that carries over into this year

he was surprisingly effective in the run game though (just was used very sporadically)
I’m ready for that video lol. My biggest concern with him is specifically the timing of his hands, he’s often doing this premature it seems like and that prevents him from finishing efficiently. Like he’ll give a chest punch right off the snap instead of getting space and then coming in hot with extra momentum on the chest punch, just a general example lol I didn’t pull that exact thing from a video, but using his hands too early or too late is what I’ve noticed he will do from time to time and it can be a bit head scratching

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m ready for that video lol. My biggest concern with him is specifically the timing of his hands, he’s often doing this premature it seems like and that prevents him from finishing efficiently. Like he’ll give a chest punch right off the snap instead of getting space and then coming in hot with extra momentum on the chest punch, just a general example lol I didn’t pull that exact thing from a video, but using his hands too early or too late is what I’ve noticed he will do from time to time and it can be a bit head scratching

i dont mind him engaging first but he has to have a plan - one of the example clips i use has him engage first and it works well and another time it doesnt work so well because he struggled to disengage - he's at his best though as you say when he uses the space to force the lineman to react and then he can use his hands more effectively there

another clip that i didnt end up using had him engaged early in the year and then he ripped hard with his hands to disengage but it didnt happen early enough in the play - was late to move to that disengage move

he was much more natural stringing moves together and setting up his rush later in the year - almost like something clicked for him

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Hmmm it's interesting that The Ravens are working out Crockett Gilmore. If he's in shape and can get back to his 2015 form where he was ranked as the 11th best tight end overall in 2015 according to pff then not sure why anyone would dislike this move if it happens. Of course he hasn't played football in awhile though but he still is pretty young at 28 years old.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that's the same CJ Mosley who will have played less than 60 minutes as a jet in his first 2 years

how on earth that comp pick stayed as a 3 i will never understand
I believe it was due to him being one game away and other players being injured below him that would have replaced that pick. Not necessarily the one right below him.