• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
what went through my mind - clearly they figured he was worth holding onto which would suggest he's better than your average camp long-snapper

16 spots too, so you can afford to hold onto a guy like that if you see something you like.

Now to see how long he actually lasts on the PS

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

practice roster set and the ravens appear to have got everyone they could possibly have wanted - every single one of them was on the roster during training camp

I’m a little surprised by not bringing back Senat but I guess we just didn’t see it in him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m a little surprised by not bringing back Senat but I guess we just didn’t see it in him.

this also doesnt mean we wont bring in anyone from outside the building but anyone we did would have to have 2 consecutive negative tests before we could have them in the building to sign them that's at least a 2 day process - the NFL changed the rules to allow the players who'd been cut to stay in team facilities and team hotels until Monday to make the process of bringing players onto practice squads smoother (without needing the same tests)

so we might see outside additions but unlikely for at least 1 more day or so

i mean there were only 17 players across the whole league who were claimed on waivers too - there's just not a lot of cross-organisation pilfering going on for obvious reasons

Simba

Staff Member
we've been more of a factor in free agency in recent years than we had been historically but I think we're going to see that decline for a while unless some of these guys decide they dont want to be here anymore

Would think it'll be a lot like this year where we identified the DL as a place that needed to get better and went out and focused there. Could see that being the case with pass rusher next year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would think it'll be a lot like this year where we identified the DL as a place that needed to get better and went out and focused there. Could see that being the case with pass rusher next year.

obviously would depend on what's available
we also didnt have that many high level guys to take care of this offseason - we got marcus peters done at the end of the year and tagged judon which meant we had cap to spare for campbell and brockers (albeit it was good we got that brockers money back even though he was a monster against the run in 2019)

Simba

Staff Member
obviously would depend on what's available
we also didnt have that many high level guys to take care of this offseason - we got marcus peters done at the end of the year and tagged judon which meant we had cap to spare for campbell and brockers (albeit it was good we got that brockers money back even though he was a monster against the run in 2019)

2021 is weird free agent year for us. Stanley is really the only big name that I expect to get done. Judon is the other but I don't see it.

Bowser could play his way into a decent contract, whether that's here or somewhere else.

Skura should also do decently if he regains strength. It wouldn't shock me if we just went with Mekari though.

Otherwise, it's a bunch of older vets coming off of 1 year deals - Smith, McPhee, Snead, Wolfe, Griffin

I could see us re-signing Wolfe if he does well this year, but I think they'd lean toward moving on from the rest of those types.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
2021 is weird free agent year for us. Stanley is really the only big name that I expect to get done. Judon is the other but I don't see it.

Bowser could play his way into a decent contract, whether that's here or somewhere else.

Skura should also do decently if he regains strength. It wouldn't shock me if we just went with Mekari though.

Otherwise, it's a bunch of older vets coming off of 1 year deals - Smith, McPhee, Snead, Wolfe, Griffin

I could see us re-signing Wolfe if he does well this year, but I think they'd lean toward moving on from the rest of those types.
and although he's not a free agent, I could see us ink Humphrey to a long term deal.