• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Tank

Hall of Famer
Still believe January Joe should have been given a chance after Lamar went three and out to start third quarter.
Yep, right after the pick. Short field, hope he gets 7 there and gets on a roll. At that point it was dumb and ignorant to leave a seasoned playoff vet sitting on the bench. It was obvious Lamar was lost.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep, right after the pick. Short field, hope he gets 7 there and gets on a roll. At that point it was dumb and ignorant to leave a seasoned playoff vet sitting on the bench. It was obvious Lamar was lost.
I'm telling you, you are dreaming if you think Joe would have made any difference after 2 months off and with this offensive line and Marty's play calling.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm telling you, you are dreaming if you think Joe would have made any difference after 2 months off and with this offensive line and Marty's play calling.
I thought it may be time to put in Joe, but you’re right to an extent. Their DL sold out to rush us because they knew we wanted to run and maybe Joe would’ve had success but I think this game came down to OL vs DL and their DL just beat ours. It’s that simple really. We may have been destroyed even more with Joe

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I have to respectfully disagree brother. Put Joe in the shotgun and roll him out with his strong arm and it is very possible he could have hit Snead, Andrews, Smokey, Dixon, and Crabtree to move the ball and would have been better in the time management department since we were playing from behind. And a 1000 times better than running up the middle all damn game until midway through the fourth quarter. If Joe failed, I could have lived with the fact that we at least tried. We make no changes, go down three scores in the fourth quarter and then expect Lamar to then win it being a gunslinger. Clearly we were most likely to come up short, which we did. All I asked is that we do something different than what we kept doing until it was really too late.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That deserved a screenshot, I reckon

Selection_032.png

I thought it may be time to put in Joe, but you’re right to an extent. Their DL sold out to rush us because they knew we wanted to run and maybe Joe would’ve had success but I think this game came down to OL vs DL and their DL just beat ours. It’s that simple really. We may have been destroyed even more with Joe
Its like Lamars game against the bengals. They got into our backfield a lot and I’m not sure we win that game without some those make shit happen out of nothing plays that Lamar was pulling off in that game. Flacco simply would have been sacked in crucial downs.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Who knows?, no way of knowing what would have happened, but it was down right stupid not to try. The game was theirs to win after the 3rd quarter interception. And most including the talking heads knew it was the right move, but Harbs was brain dead. No matter how it panned out no one would have blamed him for putting Flacco in.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nah, if Lamar couldn't scramble out of that pass rush, how do you think Joe would fare?
Maybe less sacks but it would have been checkdowns all day, mostly to the turf.

yeah joe gets killed behind that OL today - i mean lamar still didnt have much of a chance

and ultimately in the 4th quarter (when harbs admitted they actually considered it) lamar got the 2 tds anyway and im not sure joe does much better than that in both those 2 minute offence situations... im not saying joe doesnt do that but i dont see how we score those 2 tds much quicker in that situation

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I have to respectfully disagree brother. Put Joe in the shotgun and roll him out with his strong arm and it is very possible he could have hit Snead, Andrews, Smokey, Dixon, and Crabtree to move the ball and would have been better in the time management department since we were playing from behind. And a 1000 times better than running up the middle all damn game until midway through the fourth quarter. If Joe failed, I could have lived with the fact that we at least tried. We make no changes, go down three scores in the fourth quarter and then expect Lamar to then win it being a gunslinger. Clearly we were most likely to come up short, which we did. All I asked is that we do something different than what we kept doing until it was really too late.
I will disagree. If Joe went in, the final score difference would have been more than 6 .

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
LMFAO! Shannon needs to stop flappin’ his soup coolers and think before he talks. Who could they have replaced Joe with in that 2008 playoff game? That SB MVP Todd Bouman?
He still got a credit for leading Ravens to playoff win in his first game.

Tank

Hall of Famer
yeah joe gets killed behind that OL today - i mean lamar still didnt have much of a chance

and ultimately in the 4th quarter (when harbs admitted they actually considered it) lamar got the 2 tds anyway and im not sure joe does much better than that in both those 2 minute offence situations... im not saying joe doesnt do that but i dont see how we score those 2 tds much quicker in that situation
The point is we may not have been down by 3 scores at that point, maybe even could have had the lead. But we’ll never know because Harbs has no balls.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And he is the reason we had two TD scoring drives. Not saying Flacco couldn’t have done it, but he most likely wouldn’t have been able to escape the pass rush. They weren’t in prevent

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If anything the reason we don't play Flacco today is that behind Skura and Hurst/Bozeman he gets clobbered and it plummets his trade value.

I do think Flacco gave us the better chance to win but I get not playing him.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I will disagree. If Joe went in, the final score difference would have been more than 6 .
I respect your opinion and I cannot say you are wrong, but still wish we would have at least tried airing it out with Joe. We will never know now with absolute certainty if we could have pulled out a win. In my opinion, it just proves to me that Harbs may still be as stubborn as many people say.