• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree, but after we went three and out to start the second half, what was your gut telling you? I am just being honest...mine told me we should try January Joe.

right but that sequence was Run, sack, sack...
i dont remember the first sack - but the 2nd one was literally ingram destroying Hurst inside and Lamar had nowhere to go and no time to go there in - if you yank him then you're basically saying you should have yanked him at the half because he had no chance on that drive in those playcalls...

you can make an argument later on sure but after that 3 play drive i dont really see how you could pull him if you put him in for that drive anyway

Anyway .... this shall be my last entry on a Joe Flacco thread ever.

Thanks Joe for all you’ve done the big wins and the climb to the NFL mountain top and for your show of class as the Ravens phased you out. I wish luck in your next endeavor (as long as it isn’t against us)!

Forever a Raven in our hearts and someday to take a place in our Ring of Honor.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I thought the booing really started on the 3rd and long run play in the red zone. I read that as a play call booing.

If they were going to stick with Lamar then use him like a QB. Sane red zone failed approach as we’ve seen through the last several games.

it really kills me that we didnt air it out more early - obviously that requires a pocket and lamar didnt have one but down the stretch in the 2 minute offence we finally started driving and making plays in the air and scoring... and it kills me that we never seem to trust lamar to do that until it was absolutely necessary...

it's like we got down 6-0 after the INT and marty basically decided to shut down the pass on 1st down until he couldnt anymore

I give Harbaugh allot of credit for not pulling Lamar today. He’s moved on from Joe Flacco. Pulling Lamar would have not helped his development at all. A good ass whooping will be good medicine for Lamar. He’ll learn from it, and grow as a leader for this offense. He actually started to get his feet under him today, albeit too little too late.

Honestly, I was wanting him put Joe in myself, but after thinking about it I’m convinced it was the right decision not to. They made the decision that LJ was their guy when Joe was cleared to play from his hip injury, so there’s no turning back now. For better or worse. Let’s just hope this kid can grow as a passing QB going forward. I knew the day would come when teams would figure out how to stop him and this offense.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe's interview was so classy and appropriate. His advice to Lamar was spot on as well. His class and his down to earth attitude is going to be missed big time in Baltimore. I know he's gone but I wish him the very best and hope to heck he goes south to DC because I'll then be rooting for the damn Redskins to win the NFC! He is going to be missed for sure.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe's interview was so classy and appropriate. His advice to Lamar was spot on as well. His class and his down to earth attitude is going to be missed big time in Baltimore. I know he's gone but I wish him the very best and hope to heck he goes south to DC because I'll then be rooting for the damn Redskins to win the NFC! He is going to be missed for sure.
Hell no

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What did you say again....

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I didn't really follow the NFL until the 2011 season so the only Ravens QB I ever knew was Flacco. I still remember recording the 2011 AFC and NFC Championship Games because my dad and I had to run a few errands (pop's a Niners fan). Watching how both championship games ended up left a sour taste in our mouths. Then, there was the Flacco and his agent vs. the FO "saga."

While our defense took a major step back during the 2012 season, it was nice to see Flacco look good in the early part of the season. Then, we're started to spiral downwards in which Flacco played like shit against the Broncos and so many people wanted him benched for Tyrod. Remember that shit? Lol. What happens next? Flacco plays great in an essential week 16 must-win game against the Giants who were also fighting for their playoff lives. Prior to the Super Bowl run, if you would've told me that Flacco would throw for 11 TDs and zero INTs AND win Super Bowl MVP, I would've scoffed. Well about that.

Post Super Bowl wasn't too kind, but my favorite memory of Flacco since then was his performance against the Bucs in Tampa in 2014. You wanna talk about utter domination. The best part? Turning that stadium into a home game as there were A LOT of purple.

Flacco was never a GREAT QB, but he was definitely elite in toughness, being an awesome teammate, and a consummate professional. Thank you Joseph Vincent Flacco for bringing a second Super Bowl to this organization. I hope you go to an NFC team so it'll be a lot easier to root for you. God bless you sir.

Last edited:

Inqui

Pro Bowler

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know.... I know. I tend to get carried away and emotional till somebody like you reminds me of what I'm saying. Then I get real and renew the hate.
glad to get you back on track. Not sure the skins could afford both A. Smith and Flacco anyway. Smith has too much guaranteed money even if they were to cut him and believe they have around 14m in cap space, whereas Joe Flacco would count 18.5m against them this season.