• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Back injuries are never good they can linger around for quite sometime or even reoccur if it doesn't heal properly with rest.

Questions on the Oline already I wonder how his back will hold up when he starts taking shots.

Boy these injuries are piling up quickly!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nothing to back up when most of you are biased. What you want me to list numbers? It proves nothing! cmon man its ryan mallet. he a more servicable qb than kap? Like really?
It's not about the flag. You can see most football fans(that aren't a SJWs) shit on kaep for years, not because of some personal bias, but because he's a shit tier qb. His mechanics are high school level and he hasn't thrown a touch pass yet in his whole career.

Once the niners elite OL and run game disappeared, so did kaep. He lived and died by the read option and broken field scrambles. Once teams decided you need to attack both him and the rb on run plays, his effectiveness died down, once teams stopped pinning their ears back and held gap integrity on passing downs he suddenly couldn't work with a broken field anymore. And this forced him to win with his arm, which he has never done, ever. His drop back is reminiscent of Kyle boller, clunky and labored and off beat, he surveys 2 targets before tucking and running, and when he does throw he has a long deep windup like tebow/leftwich, leaving the ball completely exposed so if there is a pass rusher nearby they have easy access to swat it, he tips his hand on the throw to the db with this long windup, and then despite all the velocity in the world he can't deliver it on time because the route is already jumped, and god forbid you need him to hit receiver covered underneath, it's pick city every time, because he can't put air under the ball to save his life. He Plays qb like he's in a drunken darts tournament at the bar.

Assess his gameplay, assess anyone's gameplay, for once, then maybe your concrete statements will hold some water.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Everybody in the stadium knows where Kaep is going with the football. He pretty much looks like he is undressing a cheerleader with his eyes the way he stares down where he is throwing to. However he at one time was accurate if u have him time. Much like Flacco who is very accurate if given a clean pocket and time to look over his weapons. Anyways even kaps accuracy in a clean pocked has broken. Maybe an injury running?? At one time he was accurate if given time and a very clean pocket. But not so much lately.

I do think his crusades has cost him opportunities in the NFL. Not about if he is right or wrong. Teams don't want a media storm with a star player much less a backup!! Teams don't want the media and drama that follows kaepernick or any player. It's y Tebow couldn't find a job. He was a leader and brought things that could Win a couple games if needed. But teams don't want the attention and media storm that follows him. Teams don't want it for any player even a star much less a backup player bringing attention.

The Greek

Veteran
It's not about the flag. You can see most football fans(that aren't a SJWs) shit on kaep for years, not because of some personal bias, but because he's a shit tier qb. His mechanics are high school level and he hasn't thrown a touch pass yet in his whole career.

Once the niners elite OL and run game disappeared, so did kaep. He lived and died by the read option and broken field scrambles. Once teams decided you need to attack both him and the rb on run plays, his effectiveness died down, once teams stopped pinning their ears back and held gap integrity on passing downs he suddenly couldn't work with a broken field anymore. And this forced him to win with his arm, which he has never done, ever. His drop back is reminiscent of Kyle boller, clunky and labored and off beat, he surveys 2 targets before tucking and running, and when he does throw he has a long deep windup like tebow/leftwich, leaving the ball completely exposed so if there is a pass rusher nearby they have easy access to swat it, he tips his hand on the throw to the db with this long windup, and then despite all the velocity in the world he can't deliver it on time because the route is already jumped, and god forbid you need him to hit receiver covered underneath, it's pick city every time, because he can't put air under the ball to save his life. He Plays qb like he's in a drunken darts tournament at the bar.

Assess his gameplay, assess anyone's gameplay, for once, then maybe your concrete statements will hold some water.
have to agree with you. once defenses figured out the read option kap and rg3 went to the toilet. i think mallet can hold the fort down but we need to bring in someone else just in case this injury lingers all season

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
have to agree with you. once defenses figured out the read option kap and rg3 went to the toilet. i think mallet can hold the fort down but we need to bring in someone else just in case this injury lingers all season
Not to mention, as below average as mallett has been as a starter, he has shown that he can do a respectable job filling in on occasion. He can stand tall in the pocket and deliver a solid arsenal of throws, and his decision making as a full time starter was horrid but if the coaches have him toned down and drill it into his head that he needs to just manage the game, then he can be fine for a week or 2. If the defense plays to the level it should, then mallett just needs to be able to deliver a touchdown and a few field goal drives to win most games, now if the defense is struggling for some reason, or if we're playing a lights out offense that we can't stop, then it's a different story, mallett isn't winning any shootouts, but the thing is, kAepernick isn't either, and he also isn't managing games.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
We better figure out the O-line situation by the time Joe is ready to play. If not, we're fucked. Aside from Stanley and Yanda, I don't have the full trust of any player that's currently on our O-line.

Also, what do we need to do to stop all these injuries? Cancel all of training camp and preseason? Bubble-wrap? Blood sacrifice (I vote for James Hurst)? Just throwing ideas out there, but damn....

jboy19

Pro Bowler
It'd surprising to see Kap signed. I wouldn't think that it'd be worth the effort to install zone read packages for the 3rd string QB.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Kaep does not fit our offense so I see no need to bring him in. Mallet will do fine if needed but I believe that Flacco will be ready to go soon.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
In a sense I get what you're saying, with Roman designing runs for him you could hope to get something. But I doubt it. Chip Kelly was supposed to be a great fit for him. The year before he was supposed to have a huge season and take the reigns. He had his opportunities, and he didn't play well. He has a big arm but can't follow when defenses start playing mind games. Malett has his limitations, but he's a guy that's been here for a while, knows the system and has won games for us (okay, one, but still). He is a prototypical Flacco type passer so there will be no real difference in game plans and schemes we run.
The way i look at it is that if our defense is stud like, kap would be a great game manager.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The way i look at it is that if our defense is stud like, kap would be a great game manager.
Lol. Even if the defense is great good luck doing that with Kaep when he has this oline.

Seriously. Stop hyping him up. If he were worth a damn he'd have a job.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
He's quite the opposite of a game manager. To be one you have to not make a lot of mental mistakes. Kaep is a very roller coaster QB. In his prime his highs made up for his lows. They don't, now.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
He's quite the opposite of a game manager. To be one you have to not make a lot of mental mistakes. Kaep is a very roller coaster QB. In his prime his highs made up for his lows. They don't, now.

I think Kap is capable of being an adequate starter in the NFL, but theres a very specific offense he needs and its the kind of offense that teams are trending away from. Im sure his activism has played a role in why he hasn't been signed, but probably not as much as his on-field struggles after Jim Harbaugh left.

As for the Ravens, I dont get why they would sign him now when they already had the chance to get him in the system early but chose to retain Mallett instead.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hmmm. QB with potentially lingering back issues + POS oline is a disaster waiting to happen.

Hey Ozzie, your fucking two year plan only works with a healthy Joe Flacco. But james Hurst man.

Smh. Get well soon Joe.
When did you go glass half empty. I know it's been a while, but jeez.