• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Mallet has more ints than tds in his career. Enough said. Is mallet better than kap? Hell no and its not even close.. would mallet be a better fit for our system? Now that is the only discussion we should be having about the two

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Mallet has more ints than tds in his career. Enough said. Is mallet better than kap? Hell no and its not even close.. would mallet be a better fit for our system? Now that is the only discussion we should be having about the two
I can appreciate this sentiment. However if you take Kaep you take his baggage as well. That being said, I wasn't a fan of Kaep prior to the Flag issue.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I can appreciate this sentiment. However if you take Kaep you take his baggage as well. That being said, I wasn't a fan of Kaep prior to the Flag issue.
Dont get me wrong i was never a fan of his game but mallet hasnt shown me anything that would allow me to have faith in him

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
We only really need someone to work with the 3rd string offense until Joe comes back.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Dont get me wrong i was never a fan of his game but mallet hasnt shown me anything that would allow me to have faith in him
He's been a backup in New England and here, outside of his two games at the end of the 2015 season. I believe it's more potential than anything. I'm not saying it's a high potential, because I don't believe that, but I also don't believe Kaep will ever be the QB he was in his early years. That's just my opinion though. You are entitled to yours.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He's been a backup in New England and here, outside of his two games at the end of the 2015 season. I believe it's more potential than anything. I'm not saying it's a high potential, because I don't believe that, but I also don't believe Kaep will ever be the QB he was in his early years. That's just my opinion though. You are entitled to yours.
Id rather us sign kap then have them compete instead of us just going with mallet.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hypothetical question for you all.

If Romo wasn't signed to the CBS deal and if it came down to it and we really were looking to sign another QB until Flacco got better, would you give him a shot?

We wouldn't be able to afford romo - and anyway I imagine he only comes back if a playoff bound team with loads of salary cap space loses their starting qb I could see it but most likely he only comes back if dak goes down in Dallas

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd like it if we signed Kaep if joe can't go in the next few weeks - I don't think he's a starter in the league anymore and especially not now that it's clear he needs to be an option-qb still but he's certainly a highish level qb who deserves to be in the league - and as much as some might hate some of the misguided police socks stuff etc and while it wasn't exactly clever it's not like it was completely off message given what he was campaigning for - and what he was campaigning for was most definitely worthy of the attention it garnered last year because of his protests

I'd be very happy with kaep as a member of the Ravens locker room - but at the right price and only if joe can't go in the next couple of weeks

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Harbaugh saying that Flacco's issue is minor and he'll rest for a week or so scares me. Visions of Perriman's rookie year dance in my head.

K-Dog

MVP
Aren't there a few dozen other QB's we could be talking about?

Why not throw Manzel or RG-III into the conversation ( I know they are terrible I simply don't know who is available. I am sure Kap is not the only option. )

Tank

Hall of Famer
yeah, sounds like another example of the media grabbing a sound bite and turning it into something it is not. Seems like a precautionary week of rest and back to work, no biggy.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
With all due respect may I ask how many times you have seen Kap play in the last year? Now, I agree we shouldn't ignore the option due to off the field drama, but on the field, this guy is dreadful. Living in CA, I always see his games in restaurants or on TV. This guy can do okay against a decent defense, but I'm not sure if I know anyone worse against the run. Imagine throwing off back foot Flacco, but every pass. Another major issue is cap space. I don't think he would play for the minimum. And we wouldn't have room for an o-line member if we used it up on him. I understand your points, but I just see to many issues. (cap, system, play)

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh saying that Flacco's issue is minor and he'll rest for a week or so scares me. Visions of Perriman's rookie year dance in my head.
So what you're saying is that Harbaugh is lying again. Got it only one conclusion then: Flacco is dead.

RIP Joe Flacco. His family is holding out the details until the regular season of course to keep teams guessing.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Someone will have to chime in here, but didnt we rehaul our medical and training staff? I know injuries are part of the game, but even my buddy said it was insane what is going on with us, 3 starters gone before TC starts, now the Joe mystery.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
With all due respect may I ask how many times you have seen Kap play in the last year? Now, I agree we shouldn't ignore the option due to off the field drama, but on the field, this guy is dreadful. Living in CA, I always see his games in restaurants or on TV. This guy can do okay against a decent defense, but I'm not sure if I know anyone worse against the run. Imagine throwing off back foot Flacco, but every pass. Another major issue is cap space. I don't think he would play for the minimum. And we wouldn't have room for an o-line member if we used it up on him. I understand your points, but I just see to many issues. (cap, system, play)
last year the team had absolutley nothing. We give flacco a break cause the team lacked wrs, running game and even decent OC! why cant we take into consideration that kap entire team was just bad? We seen how well kap can play when the right players around him. Now are those well playing days over with? We dont know! Is flacco well playing days over with? I mean he also have been playing not up to par, yet we dont bash him.. i always comment about flacco back foot throwing lol and people kill me about it even when its the truth.. lots of us are just biased and blind to the facts when it comes to our team

Last edited:

usmccharles

Practice Squad
last year the team had absolutley nothing. We give flacco a break cause the team lacked wrs, running game and even decent OC! why cant we take into consideration that kap entire team was just bad? We seen how well kap can play when the right players around him. Now are those well playing days over with? We dont know! Is flacco well playing days over with? I mean he also have been playing not up to par, yet we dont bash him.. i always comment about flacco back foot throwing lol and people kill me about it even when its the truth.. lots of us are just biased and blind to the facts when it comes to our team
Most people are pretty objective when it comes to Joe and most give him criticism here. No one can sit here and say he has played up to par these ls two years, im a Joe supporter, but he needs to play better. As far as kap, i just dont see how he even fits, regardless of the coaching connections. Surprised we havent heard Romo or Cutler mentioned haha

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Most people are pretty objective when it comes to Joe and most give him criticism here. No one can sit here and say he has played up to par these ls two years, im a Joe supporter, but he needs to play better. As far as kap, i just dont see how he even fits, regardless of the coaching connections. Surprised we havent heard Romo or Cutler mentioned haha
Romo was mentioned in a hypothetical situation.