• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
If, and that is a BIG IF.
IF Kap does get signed by the RAVENS, the irony would be that this is the city where the National Anthem was written.
The Ravens Facebook posts have taken off on CK. There are a serious number of Ravens fans coming out against signing him and there is a lot of arguing going on. Seems to me, it would have to have an impact on the team whether to touch this guy. Some may disagree, but I can't see us signing him. Along with all the fan backlash that I am reading, it does not seem Joe will be out long, Mallet is not a bad backup as he knows our playbook and has a decent arm. We don't have the cap space to offer CK very much and he would get more if a team loses their starter to injury and is more desperate. I think we would be better off saving the little cap space we have left in case we a more pressing need becomes apparent.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Everyone chill.... we aren't signing Colin. A very late/early morning signing of QB David Olson. Don't worry if you don't know who he is, but he backed up Luck at Stanford and Jim vouched for him to John.... thus he's a Raven.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...-sign-qb-david-olson?ls=roto:BAL:topheadlines
I think you're burying the lead a bit here - we've just signed an Arena Football QB over Kaepernick. I don't think the Kap backlash was entirely deserved (though wearing those socks was mind-blowingly stupid) but it seems he's done in the NFL as it would appear teams don't think he's worth the hassle.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think you're burying the lead a bit here - we've just signed an Arena Football QB over Kaepernick. I don't think the Kap backlash was entirely deserved (though wearing those socks was mind-blowingly stupid) but it seems he's done in the NFL as it would appear teams don't think he's worth the hassle.

Also the fact Jim told John to sign him when he has also coached Kaep says a lot in my opinion. Now if Flacco is out for a long period and our depth chart is Ryan Mallet and David Olsen for the first few weeks.... help us all.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
More surprised by the vast amount of fans who think Flacco being rested for a couple weeks warrants the signing of a high priced third string QB.