• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Teams that want to be good dont accept bad trade proposals.

Same draft no
Different drafts yes.

Especially when it means passing on a difference maker.
What are you thinking 3 firsts and 2 seconds? That could be feasible as well but I’m just using a lower end trade to pass on a RB, i know Barkley is likely to be the best RB of this generation, but a RB usually has a short shelf life and their team overall is pretty damn bad, they need to address a lot of positions while getting a qb of the future and I’ve always been against the idea of a RB that high UNLESS you have the luxury of doing so, I don’t believe the giants have that luxury. They definitely took the right player there, but I don’t believe they made the right move considering their circumstances.

Say Barkley comes out next year and the ravens have lamar already and they’re sitting there and they can take Barkley or trade back for multiple firsts and seconds, I’d take Barkley, because I think we are a RB, C, LG, and FS away from being a super bowl team, and a RB would make a bigger difference than anything else. I don’t see the giants in the same light, they need LBs, they’re probably gonna need CBs, they need to completely rebuild the OL, and above all they need a franchise QB, they need to legitimately add like 8-10 massive upgrades and a franchise QB to get themselves in the conversation.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still say TB is a good possibility. They were my first pick because they save a lot by releasing Winston and can afford Joe.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I still say TB is a good possibility. They were my first pick because they save a lot by releasing Winston and can afford Joe.
Flacco's arm with Evans' catching radius would be insane, but I want Joe to go too the Giants because of that ridiculous supporting cast. Just don't go to Washington.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco just wasn't my type of QB at all. However, I am and will always be grateful to him for ALL of the incredible moments that he gave us as a Raven throughout a few of our playoff runs, come from behind wins, and that SB win!

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES JOE!

I wish you and your family well the rest of your career elsewhere; wherever that may be.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I adore our qb room:
https://twitter.com/ravens/status/1077245004991520769?s=21

I wish they’d shown clips like this months ago when that stupid joe vs Lamar narrative popped up - he and rgiii genuinely seem to have a huge personal investment in Lamar and the team’s success

It would be cool if joe gets a 2nd Super Bowl because he helped Lamar so much on the way
Yeah there’s a lot of dumb myths about Joe because he’s usually so quiet, humble, unassuming.

I think the team wants thank Joe by allowing him to chose where to go.
My guess falls on WAS. Considering he's a family man (jeez look at the kids number increasing faster than his NFL starts) he might want to bring in their life as few changes as possible (school, friends,..).
Being just a decent distance between Bal ans Was I'd see it like the optimal logistical situation as you may not need necessarely to move out or at least not far.
Then of course, it has a lot to do with the situation of Smith there. Idk how the contract is structured in the specific case of his injury.. If the whole signing bonus is regardless guaranteed and such stuff..

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco needs to go where he is wanted and where he wants to go. He's earned that kind of respect from the Ravens and I'm near certain knowing the class of this organization, they'll oblige him. My gut gives me three options in this order: Denver, Jacksonville and Washington.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Flacco needs to go where he is wanted and where he wants to go. He's earned that kind of respect from the Ravens and I'm near certain knowing the class of this organization, they'll oblige him. My gut gives me three options in this order: Denver, Jacksonville and Washington.
What is his best option, one that keeps him close to family or one that gives him the best chance for success

If I was in his skin, I'd retire the minute the Ravens last game of 2018 is over.
Get a casual TV gig and have fun next 50 years.

This. The injuries have piled up in recent years. He has a ring and a SB MVP to go with it. How many retired QBs (and some great ones) can say that. Add the family situation and I would bail out now before he needs a walker to go see his kids play sports.

Last edited:

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Herbert is staying at Oregon for his senior year. This rises our chances
to trade Flacco because there's only Lock and Haskins (unknown if he declares) left and there are more than 3 qb needy teams.

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
If I was Joe, I would go to the team with the best pass protecting O line. Let Joe be Joe.
This year was hard to watch. It started with the Buffalo game where he crushed the Bills and they set him down.
Than every game after that they stuck him out like a sore thumb as a wr., knowing that he hated that high school shit play.

I would think the Jaguars would be a contender again if they got him.