• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I know many agree with me on this but I’m gonna say it again -

We fucking blew it with Joe. He’s a class act for gracefully taking the bench and knowing he’s going somewhere else next year. But he knows and we know the FO and coaching really blew it , 2013 to now with 2014 being the only time in that span we surrounded Joe with a competent offense.

For those who say “oh well if he needs EVERYTHING to be good then he isn’t good” - every quarterback really needs competence at every level to succeed, even the great ones. Joe was never, even at his best, a top 5 quarterback (except in the postseason). But when we put just a GOOD offensive line around him and gave him talented receivers and backs - he was amazing. Again, not GREAT - maybe Ray Rice was great and Yanda of course is the best , but the rest of our offensive personnel from 08-13 ranged from mediocre to pretty good. Maybe Boldin was good/great, but he only had that connection with Flacco through his entire career.

Instead, the FO paid joe but wanted to still build the team asymmetrically to the rest of the league , around defense.

Joe would have probably played worse than Lamar yesterday because he’s not as mobile as Lamar let alone as mobile as he used to be. But I have serious doubts and grievances with this coaching staff and FO for how they’ve basically used and abused and wasted Joe’s best years and now are tossing him aside in almost scape goat fashion

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Joe is as good as gone and I get why I'm a baltimore ravens fan above all but I will also be a Joe Flacco fan how he has handled himself not only this season but every season is absolutely amazing I wish we could've won one more with him and we probably should've

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Joe is as good as gone and I get why I'm a baltimore ravens fan above all but I will also be a Joe Flacco fan how he has handled himself not only this season but every season is absolutely amazing I wish we could've won one more with him and we probably should've
Yep, that damn browns game still pisses me off....lol

I feel the coaches blew it not letting Joe atleast try and win the game. Especially when Lamar went 2 hours without a completion. 11 years and they didn't even give him the chance to finish being his last game.

I will continue to follow Joe on his new team. I still feel he has a lot left. I'm not convinced about Lamar. Unless he drastically improves in throwing he will not be a good QB. I hope he does succeed but as of now not convinced at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

We fucking blew it with Joe. He’s a class act for gracefully taking the bench and knowing he’s going somewhere else next year. But he knows and we know the FO and coaching really blew it , 2013 to now with 2014 being the only time in that span we surrounded Joe with a competent offense.

For those who say “oh well if he needs EVERYTHING to be good then he isn’t good” - every quarterback really needs competence at every level to succeed, even the great ones. Joe was never, even at his best, a top 5 quarterback (except in the postseason). But when we put just a GOOD offensive line around him and gave him talented receivers and backs - he was amazing. Again, not GREAT - maybe Ray Rice was great and Yanda of course is the best , but the rest of our offensive personnel from 08-13 ranged from mediocre to pretty good. Maybe Boldin was good/great, but he only had that connection with Flacco through his entire career.

Instead, the FO paid joe but wanted to still build the team asymmetrically to the rest of the league , around defense.

Joe would have probably played worse than Lamar yesterday because he’s not as mobile as Lamar let alone as mobile as he used to be. But I have serious doubts and grievances with this coaching staff and FO for how they’ve basically used and abused and wasted Joe’s best years and now are tossing him aside in almost scape goat fashion

he was never the same really after the 2015 injury - he wasnt having a good season that year mechanically but its a lot harder to fix mechanics when you've been out for a year and you're worried about your knee...

the beginning of this season was the closest i think joe's ever been to looking like his old self but it was so inconsistent and unconvincing at times

we should have built around him but im not sure it was meant to be

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Now that I'm sober, throwing him in late would have just been an all around bad idea. OL had one of it's worst games and he hadn't played in months. Besides potentially ruining the rooks confidence, we could have hurt his trade value as well. Not for nothing, this Chargers team might be the most complete team in the playoffs.

Also, every team that you think of defense first is knocked out.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I feel the coaches blew it not letting Joe atleast try and win the game. Especially when Lamar went 2 hours without a completion. 11 years and they didn't even give him the chance to finish being his last game.

I will continue to follow Joe on his new team. I still feel he has a lot left. I'm not convinced about Lamar. Unless he drastically improves in throwing he will not be a good QB. I hope he does succeed but as of now not convinced at all.
I agree and disagree I can see why we didnt put him in Lamar needs the experience if he wants to be something in this league everyone goes through games like that. I'm not convinced on Lamar at all either he almost hooked me after the browns ga.e though if he doesn't develop this offseason next year will be a long one. But we have the next 4 years to make a decision on him so he has a few years I'm excited for next season but at the same time terrified I dont want us to end up like alot od teams in the league wishing they had a stable QB but it's very possible we end up in that position

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

I always find it funny when people say “joe needs everything to win”

Every nfl QB needs everything to win. Look at fucking Aaron Rodgers, half of you people’s proclaimed best QB ever. That mf can’t even make the playoffs without everything around him.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
With that being said, the nfl is not a place for excuses and joe hasn’t played well the past few years and that’s all there is to it.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I always find it funny when people say “joe needs everything to win”

Every nfl QB needs everything to win. Look at fucking Aaron Rodgers, half of you people’s proclaimed best QB ever. That mf can’t even make the playoffs without everything around him.

Yep. And as much as I might to be uncertain about Lamar Jackson, I want him to succeed and that means we need to bring in the best coaches we can find and surround him with the best personnel we can give him. Joe won a Super Bowl and they didn’t even grant him any of that, so here’s hoping Lamar get a better Shake than and that. I’m hoping Lamar works out, despite my reservations, because if not that means we traded away the best quarterback we ever had and we didn’t have a suitable replacement and we are now back on the quarterback carousel. Obviously I’m pissed off because we lost the game and that’s in Slanting my view towards Jackson even more so. But I’m also pissed because some fans see the last two months ish of gameplay and think Jackson is all that and the team doesn’t have major issues with coaching and FO decisions in terms of team building and direction.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
With that being said, the nfl is not a place for excuses and joe hasn’t played well the past few years and that’s all there is to it.

He’s been hurt on and off and that definitely hurt , his mechanics regressed some. The age and injury concern to me matters more than his play. He can’t even begin to improve if he’s missing major time and practice year in and out. But that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be plenty of blame assigned to the coaching and Fo

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
With Arians being picked up for TB, I could definitely see Joe go there. He seems like the type of QB Arians would do well with down there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With Arians being picked up for TB, I could definitely see Joe go there. He seems like the type of QB Arians would do well with down there.
i also feel Joe would do well down in TB, but also feel he is cool with Winston

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not to mention that Arians has done well in Arizona with older QBs like Warner and Palmer.

Undeniable. Since 2015 the injuries have piled up and he’s not getting any younger.

However, in 2016 & 2017 Joe played well enough to keep this team in contention up to the last games, and had leads at the end, only to see them slip away with that weak ass prevent defense. That’s pretty much all you ask of any QB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The nfl has hit a turning point, you can’t pay a qb 1/4 of your salary cap anymore, joe kinda started the trend and it’s all over now, it obviously does not work. Every contender right now either has a qb on a rookie deal, or a real deal vet with QBs making probably less than deserved(saints, pats, chargers).

No qb can be a contender without talent around him unless said qb is in bill bellichicks offense. And I think that’s what bit joe. We couldn’t draft to save our fucking lives after the SB, it was pitiful, and we didn’t have the cap to get anything but aging veterans and Elvis dumervil. And joe couldn’t carry that talentless team, I don’t think any qb could, we were, and really still are absolutely barren of real talent.

The nfl has hit a turning point, you can’t pay a qb 1/4 of your salary cap anymore, joe kinda started the trend and it’s all over now, it obviously does not work. Every contender right now either has a qb on a rookie deal, or a real deal vet with QBs making probably less than deserved(saints, pats, chargers).

No qb can be a contender without talent around him unless said qb is in bill bellichicks offense. And I think that’s what bit joe. We couldn’t draft to save our fucking lives after the SB, it was pitiful, and we didn’t have the cap to get anything but aging veterans and Elvis dumervil. And joe couldn’t carry that talentless team, I don’t think any qb could, we were, and really still are absolutely barren of real talent.

NE is definitely the exception to the rule. They seem to get more out of less talented players then any other team in the NFL.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Honestly it is crazy, you look at almost every single team in the league and they have at least 1 all star type player. Who’s our best player? Our freaking kicker? Yanda? We probably don’t have a top 50 player in the NFL and that’s embarrassing. Yanda could be but with his age I wouldn’t put him so high anymore.

We have a lot of good/average players and some above average ones. But no super stars and it really shows. Lamar is the first guy in a long time that has a chance to be that. We need more. Draft better damn it.