• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would you really be excited to have over 40 mil invested in Flacco and Keenum? And you just gave up a draft pick after signing one the previous season.
They are looking to trade Keenum now to be fair. We all know how it goes with Joe: give him some targets and he'll go to work.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Thanks for everything Joe! I'll be looking forward to watching you inducted into our ring of honor!

Also... FUCK YOU JAMES HURST FOR RUINING HIM.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Guess Bortles would be the next domino to fall if teams want to trade for him in this case. Or even Tannehill if the Dolphins find a trade partner.

Definitely possible. Idk how a lot of teams feel about the draft or FA. I'd personally rather have Haskins or Foles/Bridgewater than Bortles or Tannehill if I was a GM but that could just be me.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know but I think the compensation for Joe is pretty small in my view. I know we gave away any leverage we had to trade him with basically announcing to the world we were moving on from him, but still for what the Broncos are getting it's a very cheap price to pay. By the way, when did Joe Flacco become less desirable than Nick Foles? While both have won SB MVPs, Joe is a superior playoff and clutch performer with better arm strength. I personally think the Broncos got a great deal and I'm scared that he stays in our conference. But, I wish Flacco nothing but the best of luck moving forward. I feel hollow today despite being a big proponent of Lamar Jackson and the benching of Joe Flacco.
Foles doesn’t cost a draft pick and is healthy with more recent success. Those are major motivating factors.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The compensation is decent. If Flacco played better we would’ve gotten more but Ravens did a bad job of handling the situation by saying Joe was done. I understand why they did it but still a dumb move because you tipped your hand. One of the dumbest moves we’ve made lately and I blame Harbaugh for that because he’s the one who essentially let the cat out of the bag. It may have been apparent but nothing formal came from us until he said something. We should’ve let the inevitable trade say what needed to be said about Lamar.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The compensation is decent. If Flacco played better we would’ve gotten more but Ravens did a bad job of handling the situation by saying Joe was done. I understand why they did it but still a dumb move because you tipped your hand. One of the dumbest moves we’ve made lately and I blame Harbaugh for that because he’s the one who essentially let the cat out of the bag. It may have been apparent but nothing formal came from us until he said something. We should’ve let the inevitable trade say what needed to be said about Lamar.

The cat was out of the bag when Lamar finished the Chargers game. If playing that badly wasn't going to get you pulled then they were all in.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Foles doesn’t cost a draft pick and is healthy with more recent success. Those are major motivating factors.
I suppose they are motivating factors but I think the GMs in this business are able to look at the big picture as well. Having said that, we came away with at least a 4th rounder (I believe it is their pick the 11th), so can't be too bad as with a few comp picks coming our way we can package them to get a 2nd round pick that we lost...

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
“So we’re replacing a 2003 Honda Accord for a 2001 Nissan Maxima?”

That is such an accurate ass description. One is an old piece of shit, the other is older but with more shit that may have been flashy a long time ago but not really flashy anymore.

Still love joe but he is what he is at this point
Very funny and a little cruel!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Lol. Hater gonna hate.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Flacco to Brown connection was pretty impressive before Flacco got hurt.

Started off amazing and cooled after the 4th game I think.

He also has sickle cell and can't play at that altitude.

I would just assume he goes to an offense where he can be utilized properly and work in a better system. Could see him in Indy, NE, Pitt and a few other spots. My specific comment on him wasn't meant as a knock on Flacco, more that there are better options and teams with the need.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Started off amazing and cooled after the 4th game I think.

He also has sickle cell and can't play at that altitude.

I would just assume he goes to an offense where he can be utilized properly and work in a better system. Could see him in Indy, NE, Pitt and a few other spots. My specific comment on him wasn't meant as a knock on Flacco, more that there are better options and teams with the need.
*John Brown goes to Kansas City*
*Mahomes has statistically the greatest season of all time*
*Andy Reid still chokes in the playoffs*