• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Tru11

Practice Squad
So I’m supposed to just magically know what you’re vaguely referring to?

Nothing vaguely about flacco being 34 years old and having struggled with injuries the past couple of seasons.
Putting him behind a shitty o-line is only going to increase the chances of him getting injured again.

Funny how my comment actually is for flacco sake but since its me you guys get all defensive and start calling me names with an admin even making shit up and adding fuel.
It was actually Devito52 who first used the word dumbass but yeah its just easier to blame me for it.

Since yall rather see me go then so be it.

Peace.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Nothing vaguely about flacco being 34 years old and having struggled with injuries the past couple of seasons.
Putting him behind a shitty o-line is only going to increase the chances of him getting injured again.

Funny how my comment actually is for flacco sake but since its me you guys get all defensive and start calling me names with an admin even making shit up and adding fuel.
It was actually Devito52 who first used the word dumbass but yeah its just easier to blame me for it.

Peace.
1. As an admin I can see the post you deleted beforehand... You're one to talk. Projecting much?
2. Just because @DeVito52 said something did not mean you needed to stoop down to his level. That's the same justification a seven year old gives when he punches his five year old sister in the face because "she did it first"
3. We're not getting defensive. You are. You've been condescending for the better part of five years. I have deleted any of your posts or given you any warnings, neither did the previous moderation on the old forum(as far as I know). It doesn't mean I'm not tired of what you do to others though. You only come out of the woodwork to talk shit about Flacco(and mind you, I don't mind criticism, but even when the discussion isn't about Flacco, you make it about him). Even then, I think the "Troll11" shit wasn't at all justified.

You're more than welcome to stay. But this was a lesson even I recently had to learn the hard way with the whole patronizing ordeal, so yes I've been there. If people are going to criticize you for your actions on your posts you can either learn from it, leave because you can't take any semblance of criticism, or blame others.

But I am an administrator, and there's no doubt that you were being extremely condescending in your previous post. I don't mind calling out that when I see it.

There have been several people who have been critical of Flacco in the past without being pompous doing so. Notably @redrum52. So I don't want to here this BS about how we're targeting you because you have a different opinion.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
They probably would have for our 3rd string QB...
I'd be down with Herschel Walker trade 3.0. Even if I have my doubts about DeCosta, I don't think anyone can screw it up as badly as the Rams did. Only to get Brockers out of the trade, pathetic.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Peace.
But is he an upgrade over keenum... absolutely.

And could the broncos ever feel good going into KC or LA with keenum at QB? Hell no, but how many times have we seen joe flacco dueling with top tier QBs and having us in games that we stood no chance in? The broncos suddenly have a chance to win against quality opponents that they didn’t have before, they have a veteran qb who has seen it all in this league and has proven that he can get into shootouts and win games. The overall reason pundits are blasting the trade is because they consider it a lateral move, the OL thing is rarely mentioned outside of more knowledgeable football circles(so the media mentions it basically never) and the whole issue these people seem to have is that joe isn’t an upgrade over keenum, and he is.

As for you, I’ve watched you for years refuse to acknowledge a point of view that differs even a little bit to yours, I’ve watched you give up on football arguments and proceed to argue semantics for pages after losing the debate, and no matter how wrong you are it’s a never ending stream of smug and condescending talk from you.

I blocked you on the old forums after your insistence that the ravens gave flacco an excellent OL and Michael oher was not a bust and a prime example of the ravens giving flacco quality blockers. I’ve managed to just ignore you on these boards, but every conversation I see from you reminds me of why I blocked you on the old boards, it’s like a 99% hit rate with you, someone could tell you the sky is blue and you would argue for days saying that it’s not blue it’s just how the human eye perceives it.

I’ve said my peace, if you wanna leave, bye.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s awesome that no other fan base in the league will ever understand... 31 fan bases think he’s ass, while we think he is just awesome. Everyone thinks he’s some vanilla personality who doesn’t really give a shit, but we have seen him over the years, we know that he’s got stone cold confidence and ice in his veins, and is a fiery competitor who shows it by quiet confidence and professionalism rather than yelling and rah rah speeches. He’s got the weirdest swagger about him where he just oozes confidence while being a low key, dry humor having kinda guy.

Of All of Flacco’s career one of my low key favorite moments was this training camp where he told everyone “I’m not too worried about it, you guys are the ones that keep talking about it, but I think when I’m out there winning games that should shut everyone up”(paraphrased). It looked good for a while and unfortunately things began to fall apart and then the injury came, but that kinda thing right there is the side of joe that no other fan base sees, and it’s the kinda thing that shows why we all like the guy so much.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EDC on Flacco:
“Joe is the best quarterback in Ravens history. Not only is he talented, but he was clutch for us in the most difficult games against excellent defenses in the loudest and most raucous stadiums. The game and the moments were never too big for Joe. Honestly, he’s one of my favorite draft picks ever.”

Harbs on Flacco:
“Like Suggs, Joe will be a Ring of Honor member soon after he retires. The big arm, the consistency, the toughness – Joe had it all. What separated him was his calm demeanor in the storm. He handled the chaos that comes with playing quarterback and was at his best for us in the fourth quarter.”

Oz on Flacco and Sizzle:
“We don’t like to see outstanding players we drafted in the first round leave the Ravens. It’s difficult for us and the rest of the Ravens’ community. Joe and ‘Sizz’ are staples of this franchise, part of our foundation. And, they will both be in our Ring of Honor one day. A lot of us have a Super Bowl ring because of what they did for us. We are grateful to them.

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
I think I knew Suggs was leaving after seeing his Quarterback, who led them to a Superbowl victory, sitting on the bench while Lamar played horrifically during the Charger playoff game.
They shouldn't have did that to Joe. Give him one last cheer from the crowds before he went. Not letting him have that one last game was a wrong that cannot be righted.
I think a lot of the diehard fan base felt that knife. I know I cant forgive that. I don't know who the Ravens are, and I just might not care.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think I knew Suggs was leaving after seeing his Quarterback, who led them to a Superbowl victory, sitting on the bench while Lamar played horrifically during the Charger playoff game.
They shouldn't have did that to Joe. Give him one last cheer from the crowds before he went. Not letting him have that one last game was a wrong that cannot be righted.
I think a lot of the diehard fan base felt that knife. I know I cant forgive that. I don't know who the Ravens are, and I just might not care.

what a ridiculous comment

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We've seen how putrid Flacco plays with a shitty o-line in front of him. He wouldn't have made a difference. We let the world know that he was gone after the season is over, so why risk the injury?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
You should probably go away.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe is the epitome of class. Hope he can play well for the Broncos and show at least one other fan base the type of player and person he is.