• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
A 10 year vet needs a little push from the head coach to get on the same page as his new WRs lol. This is some rookie/sophomore year type BS right here. This just rubs me the wrong way
You don't think it's a relatively normal thing for a coach to have to basically guilt trip his star quarterback in the press in order that he might do what's expected of him and be a leader on this team?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-flacco-new-wideouts-to-work-beyond-practice/

If Flacco can't be bothered now he never will.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
i agree with the defense part! but so many teams have gotten better in afc so right now im not really sold on our team

The only powerhouse team in the AFC is the Pats so I'm not too concerned. The Jags? Could be a threat, but Bortles is still their QB. The Steelers? Always in the hunt, but Roethlisberger is getting up there in age and could start to decline; they also have to figure out how to replace Shazier because their defense is garbage without him. Aside from those teams, the AFC has a bunch of other teams that can certainly contend for a playoff spot, but all have major question marks to answer (including our team).

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Well...In his Solo Press Conference, Bisciotti pretty much laid down the Ultimatum. "Raven's return to the playoffs or Harbaugh is done." Which in Stevespeak means Harbaugh has five more years, the minimum number remaining to "not be rash" and "stick with the sound business plan".

Harbaugh has been a middling coach at best. He did it with the 2008-2012 Raven's because those teams were loaded with self starting pro bowl veterans. He did it in 2014 due to having a football genius for a year. A man that won the Championship the next year with another team. If Harball has ever had any inkling it was Himself, he's even more deluded than he's appeared.

The key event was the big loss to Houston in 2012. The Ravens had started the year well and then ran into Kubiak and a buzzsaw in Texas. That game was portentous and really was the beginning of Harball's end, but he didn't realize it at the time because he thought it was him. For newcomers and those that sleep through the movie, the event is known in Raven lore as "The Purge". Harball demanded practice time on a day off. Crusty veterans resisted and Harb's caved, but he never forgot that he had been challenged. The next year all the KEY performers that had challenged Harball were gone, among them stalwarts. Harball had its way. Harb's was genuinely surprised how mediogre the Ravens were in 2013. Many here were not surprised. It was only Kubiak in 2014 that saved us from a horrific dry spell.

Harbs may think Flacco needs more time with his receivers. Though no one can argue that he probably needs a top flight offensive coordinator first. Whose job is it to provide Flacco with that help? Is that Joe Flacco's job?

Cleveland needs to learn how to win first and that may take a couple years still. But they've begun to stockpile talent and lordy, are they set to load the boat this year! Tyrod Taylor has learned to manage his game and he'll be serviceable until the Browns develop their number 1 pick. I don't think the Browns can miss this time, though that pick should have been ours.

As far as the QB prospects, we should be taking one of these guys this year. Darnold, Rosen and the Boy Man from Wyoming are all, barring injury, going to succeed.

Damn Browns

Last edited:

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Well...In his Solo Press Conference, Bisciotti pretty much laid down the Ultimatum. "Raven's return to the playoffs or Harbaugh is done." Which in Stevespeak means Harbaugh has five more years, the minimum number remaining to "not be rash" and "stick with the sound business plan".

Harbaugh has been a middling coach at best. He did it with the 2008-2012 Raven's because those teams were loaded with self starting pro bowl veterans. He did it in 2014 due to having a football genius for a year. A man that won the Championship the next year with another team. If Harball has ever had any inkling it was Himself, he's even more dense than he's appeared.

The key event was the big loss to Houston in 2012. The Ravens had started the year well and then ran into Kubiak and a buzzsaw in Texas. That game was portentous and really was the beginning of Harball's end, but he didn't realize it at the time because he thought it was him. For newcomers and those that sleep through the movie, the event is known in Raven lore as "The Purge". Harball demanded practice time on a day off. Crusty veterans resisted the Coach and Harb's caved, but he never forgot that he had been challenged. The next year all the KEY performers that had challenged Harball were gone, among them stalwarts. Harball had its way. Harb's was genuinely surprised how mediogre the Ravens were in 2013. Many here were not surprised. It was only Kubiak in 2014 that saved us from a horrific dry spell.

Harbs may think Flacco needs more time with his receivers. Though no one can argue that he probably needs a top flight offensive coordinator first. Whose job is it to provide Flacco with that help? Is that Joe Flacco's job?

Cleveland needs to learn how to win first and that may take a couple years still. But they've begun to stockpile talent and lordy, are they set to load the boat this year! Tyrod Taylor has learned to manage his game and he'll be serviceable until the Browns develop their number 1 pick. I don't think the Browns can miss this time, though that pick should have been ours.

As far as the QB prospects, we should be taking one of these guys this year. Darnold, Rosen and the Boy Man from Wyoming are all, barring injury, going to succeed.

Damn Browns

Steve literally said he wasn’t saying that it his presser - he said if he gave an ultimatum he might as well fire harbs then and there so he wasn’t giving an ultimatum and yet again your comprehension skills need work

LOL

You didn't read / comprehend the third line. I don't believe a thing Stevespeak says...or purports to "imply".

Last edited:

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I know I shouldn't go there, but he's not better and probably not cheaper than Kaep.
We've already lost the anthem people after the London pre-game.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
TIME TO REVIVE GRIFFINS CAREER. HE WILL REGAIN HIS FORM OF OLD ON A MUCH MORE STABLE TEAM. BEAT OUT KING FLACCO AND WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY.

I LOVE FLACCO

Tank

Hall of Famer
So much negativity posted here I figured I'd throw this in for a change of pace.

"Is Joe Flacco elite? I don't care. But last year, Joe Flacco wasn't healthy. Yes, he started all 16 games -- that's a testament to his mettle. A summer back injury, which forced Flacco to miss training camp and the entire preseason, seemed to linger into the regular season. He was also knocked out of an October game with a concussion. All of this helps to explain his poor statistical marks: 80.4 quarterback rating, 3,141 yards passing and a career-low average of 5.7 yards per attempt.

With a clean bill of health and some new toys at his disposal (free-agent additions Michael Crabtree and John Brown), Flacco could be poised for a bounce-back campaign. At least that's what John Harbaugh's expecting. When asked at the Annual League Meeting about the level of improvement Baltimore's passing game could see in 2018, Harbaugh mused,"A healthy Joe Flacco plus the weapons is ... I'm sure there's a math term for that ... exponential. It's exponential. How about that? That's what I'm counting on."

Cheers to that! There's something special about Flacco airing it out in clutch fashion in a division game, leading the Ravens to a hard-earned win. The NFL is always better when the Ravens and Flacco are the epitome of toughness."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tential-josh-gordon-andrew-luck-top-wish-list

Tru11

Practice Squad
we going for the world record most players on IR i see.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
SEE POST BELOW
I don't give a shit how much I fucking want Ozzie fired and think he lost his fast ball. This is why I am happy the fans don't run this team.

Edit: nice trick. But you’re not as smart as you think you are. The post below was initially above. Hence the whole former “^^^^^”.

Good news is.......

Last edited:

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Remember the end of year slide in our Championship Year? We lost 4 out of 5, but got healthy for the playoffs and we put the Big McKinnie at Left Tackle and that was all she wrote! Champions!

Ok, so they dissed the Big McKinnie for Monroe and some DID NOT like that move. No...Some did not like it at all and took our brass to task. But before Monroe, we played the Redskins and they had RG3 in his best form. They was ballin and we met up with them in a big game. They beat us, those Damn Redskins, but before that game was over, you remember what happened don't you?........I'm testing you all....what happened?

Well, you don't remember, because I am the only Real Raven Fan here. Sick to death with our brass but still the most knowledgeable and accurate prognosticator that has ever hit a Raven's chat board...>EVER. No brag, just fact.

Now our second to last lynchpin lined RG3 up and tackled him on a scramble but it wasn't the tackle....it was 5,000 torque pounds of flying Samoan leg whip catching RG3 behind the knee. They won somehow but when RG3 played later on his leg collapsed and he's never been the same. Nerfed by the Flyin Tank!

But one thing our front office never forgets is the guys that beat em. If you can't beat em Join em!!!

TIME TO REVIVE GRIFFINS CAREER. HE WILL REGAIN HIS FORM OF OLD ON A MUCH MORE STABLE TEAM. BEAT OUT KING FLACCO AND WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY.

I LOVE FLACCO

Last edited:

RayRayRaven

Veteran
^^^^^
I don't give a shit how much I fucking want Ozzie fired and think he lost his fast ball. This is why I am happy the fans don't run this team.

hey lost, i'm not prone to ask questions. Its unseemly badgering someone when one should figure it out themselves, but that photo you have there. Is that Stevie B?

That guy is NOT right.