• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Preseason Game One Recap Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Noticed Brandon Williams at five tech in several highlights with Urban at three tech.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
All I ask is that the people who perform see snaps before their 3rd and contract years. It seems far to often people will impress, it will carry into to the snaps they see, but their role isn't expanded until we are about to lose them. I didn't get to see much, but Hill looked good and the DL impressed. Missed all all of the first half.

@JoeyFlex5 I have very high hopes for Camp. It's funny to me when people question why he's "hyped" up, but it's because when he's actually healthy, his talent is almost always on display. He can be a MONSTER in the slot I think.

All I ask is that the people who perform see snaps before their 3rd and contract years. It seems far to often people will impress, it will carry into to the snaps they see, but their role isn't expanded until we are about to lose them. I didn't get to see much, but Hill looked good and the DL impressed. Missed all all of the first half.

@JoeyFlex5 I have very high hopes for Camp. It's funny to me when people question why he's "hyped" up, but it's because when he's actually healthy, his talent is almost always on display. He can be a MONSTER in the slot I think.

Hes in his 4th season with no results, the only thing hes proven is that he cant stay healthy. How long can he coast on promises and no production?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Hes in his 4th season with no results, the only thing hes proven is that he cant stay healthy. How long can he coast on promises and no production?

He's played well when healthy. The problem is he's always hurt, so I will agree with you there, but he has has shown ability. If we think we have an adequate replacement I have no problem letting him go, but do we?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
The best news of the night is we came out of the game without injuries. Knock on wood
Lol at midway through the 3rd I was about to post «hey we're still all healthy» before restraining myself from jinxing until the end of the game.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought Urban totally killed it ( who I've knocked hard in the past) with the rest of the dline so the rotation really seems to have promise. Suggs also seemed to be primo.

How bout the UDFA's. Damn. Mizzell, Hill, T White, Ricard. Hell Kenny Allen looked good. I can definitely see trades after game 4 since cutdowns don't start till then. I can see us having a shitload of low rd picks next year lol.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I thought Urban totally killed it ( who I've knocked hard in the past) with the rest of the dline so the rotation really seems to have promise. Suggs also seemed to be primo.

How bout the UDFA's. Damn. Mizzell, Hill, T White, Ricard. Hell Kenny Allen looked good. I can definitely see trades after game 4 since cutdowns don't start till then. I can see us having a shitload of low rd picks next year lol.
I thought Adeboyejo had a solid first game too.

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
The defense looked great.
All the D-line and linebackers except Tim Williams and Wormley looked good. Most have been mentioned except Onwasour, who made a couple of good plays.
Jaylen Hill and Trevin Wade looked like upgrades on our current back up corners. Boykin came in, did nothing and was taken out. Maybe the coaches were confirming that he won't make it.

The offense was more mixed.
Mallet looked terrible. I know he's been alright when he's come in but, in this form, we can't start him in real games. Woodrum looked like our best QB, maybe he should play with the 1s next week.
The O-linemen that everyone was worried about - Jensen and Hurst both played well. I liked Skura too.
No young receivers really stood out for me but Campanaro did. Reynolds is ahead in the returner battle.
Ortiz looked the better full back but I'm worried about our depth at RB. West and Mizzell looked good but Allen didn't quite do enough with his carries and Rainey wasn't good. We don't know how durable Woodhead will be. Maybe we should try to bring another RB in.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really liked what I saw from Woodrum. He was surprisingly accurate and I know he played against back-ups but the accuracy part isn't something overly impacted by the level of competition. I have to say I would very much like to see him stick around on the team. I hope we play him a lot this preseason because he may be a better back-up QB option for us.