• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simba

Staff Member
He’s probably Eluemunor, but with an actual desire to play football and without the constant mental mistakes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At least we got someone with power, I like that hes a former tackle since almost all elite level guards played tackle in college.

yeah he's a massive human with great length and enormous power
not a great mover in space but that's not a problem unless we want to run a lot of outside zone or have him leading in the screen game - i think he's functional as a puller but havent watched enough to say for sure - really physical and if you ask him to clear a path he'll do it - bodyguard type mentality in the running game that projects well inside

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Goodell announced him as G. Far from the first time that happened tonight.

the difference this year could be that they’re usually at the podium reading the card the team sends in. Maybe they have a preset list of players typed out or something so Goodell is reading guard but the screen says tackle
He is listed on NFL.com as second best guard behind Simpson but that does not mean much as most Teams take Tackles and move inside.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Straight up haven’t been this excited about a class outside of 2018. I’ve left every draft but 2018 feeling very disappointed in our day 2/3, this year I feel like we have absolutely 3/5 picks with the other 2 only being due to position and not knowing the player.

yeah I’m disappointed there were guys available that we didn’t get, but I’m absolutely LOVING this class, more than any class I’ve ever seen outside of 2018

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Straight up haven’t been this excited about a class outside of 2018. I’ve left every draft but 2018 feeling very disappointed in our day 2/3, this year I feel like we have absolutely 3/5 picks with the other 2 only being due to position and not knowing the player.

yeah I’m disappointed there were guys available that we didn’t get, but I’m absolutely LOVING this class, more than any class I’ve ever seen outside of 2018

yeah missing out on Epenesa and Mims hurts but it also feels like years ago

that Madubuike pick really flipped how i felt about this draft in the space of an instant

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

I agree. Weve hit in all the major areas of need present and future except for OLB but I feel that's more of a product of there not being many good ones in this class. Got a lot of guys I'm very high on. I think this is one of the first drafts where we actually draft multiple of my draft crushes.

Especially Malik Harrison. Hes gonna be great with Queen

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

that Madubuike pick really flipped how i felt about this draft in the space of an instant
I agree, I was just disappointed we missed out on Espenesa as I was hoping to take an Edge rusher early, but overall a good night. There were a few guys I was hoping to trade up for but we really improved our defense.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

The texas A&M guys are the ones I really know nothing about. Looking forward to watching some Madubuike tape considering how hyped you are

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Harbs was fired up about the Duvernay pick because apparently we were worried the Pats were coming up to take him - Harbs was literally punching the air because our guy was still there

even more amazing that the guy they took had the same first name
Lmao Harbaugh prob had a heart attack when he heard that first name