• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Harbs was fired up about the Duvernay pick because apparently we were worried the Pats were coming up to take him - Harbs was literally punching the air because our guy was still there

even more amazing that the guy they took had the same first name

The Pats seriously thought we were going to pick that TE

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think given we only have a late 4th, 5th and 7th, we should just package it and go up and get 1 more person we love and call it a day. I'd rather get one more person we really believe in than just pick some people just to pick them.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'll have to go and watch more on Duvernay and Tyre but this is probably my favourite draft of ours and that's saying a lot. Yeah I don't like JK as a pick but if he's our guy he's welcome. The rest are just good players. Ravens players. This is elite GMing and I'm happy.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
you know, I have a good eye when it comes to RB and i really don't see what harbs and EDC see. Dobbins is a solid RB. Electric? Hardly

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yeah missing out on Epenesa and Mims hurts but it also feels like years ago

that Madubuike pick really flipped how i felt about this draft in the space of an instant
Seriously, I was really upset about dobbins thinking that we were back on our bullshit then we started cranking off total steals left and right and it actually made me reassess the dobbins pick. It became clear to me that we were making some dumb panic pick, but we actually are not drafting for need and just doing anything to add talent, and dobbins does that I guess.

I kinda hate the position im in right now because a draft class should net like 1 starter and 2 contributors on average, but I’m very high on all these guys and it feels like my analysis has to be wrong, because most of these guys are gonna have to bust just because that’s how the draft goes... but I seriously cannot imagine any of these guys being flat out busts except for phillips because I Hvent watched him, and Duvernay isn’t exactly a high floor guy but I digress. Queen, dobbins, madubuike, and Harrison all feel like day one heavy contributors and eventual long time starters, and all are dream fits.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
you know, I have a good eye when it comes to RB and i really don't see what harbs and EDC see. Dobbins is a solid RB. Electric? Hardly
Dobbins got some nice moves though. We may use him alot out of shotgun since thats what he mainly did in college.. i can def see him as one of those rbs who will often make the first guy miss..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seriously, I was really upset about dobbins thinking that we were back on our bullshit then we started cranking off total steals left and right and it actually made me reassess the dobbins pick. It became clear to me that we were making some dumb panic pick, but we actually are not drafting for need and just doing anything to add talent, and dobbins does that I guess.

I kinda hate the position im in right now because a draft class should net like 1 starter and 2 contributors on average, but I’m very high on all these guys and it feels like my analysis has to be wrong, because most of these guys are gonna have to bust just because that’s how the draft goes... but I seriously cannot imagine any of these guys being flat out busts except for phillips because I Hvent watched him, and Duvernay isn’t exactly a high floor guy but I digress. Queen, dobbins, madubuike, and Harrison all feel like day one heavy contributors and eventual long time starters, and all are dream fits.

ive gone through the exact same process
i was most angry at the perceived philosophy of taking the RB there but with every subsequent pick it became clear that we were just hardcore sticking to the board and going BPA and clearly we just had that high a grade on Dobbins - EDC just said he thought Dobbins would be gone by 30...

we just sat back and let other teams panic and just took the guys who fell into our lap

the only pick i wonder about at this point is whether AJ Epenesa was a possibility at all if he made it to 55 or was Dobbins clearly the number 1 guy at that point

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EDC says every scouts have "their guys" - says he still has a couple of guys he really likes - maybe some sleeper type guys/all-star type guys who he really likes and has in his back pocket

that every one of the scouts and coaches will have those guys and that's the key to a good day 3

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lost's Grades
Patrick Queen - A+
J.K. Dobbins - B
Justin Madibuike - A
Devin Duvarney - A+
Malik Harrison - A+
Tyre Phillips - B+

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
EDC says every scouts have "their guys" - says he still has a couple of guys he really likes - maybe some sleeper type guys/all-star type guys who he really likes and has in his back pocket

that every one of the scouts and coaches will have those guys and that's the key to a good day 3
what do we have 3 picks left