• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
We definitely look to be a team that will move up in the 2nd. I would love to get Mims there as that would be a huge win. I think Shanult should be there by pick 55 or 60, if he's healthy he's first-round talent that you're getting round 2. I think that's probably the guy who makes most sense here since so many guys will fly off the board at WR by our pick.
I would be happy with Shanult, he could fall to us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we can land Cushenberry or Hunt with one of our second rounders that would be great. If we could land either Espensa, Gross-Matos, Mims, Higgins, or Blacklock with the other, I would be very happy.
YGM doesn't get passed the Giants. I"m shocked that Epenesa didn't get drafted in the first.

Reactions: cdp

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
If we can land Cushenberry or Hunt with one of our second rounders that would be great. If we could land either Espensa, Gross-Matos, Mims, Higgins, or Blacklock with the other, I would be very happy.
These are definitely the targets imo. We need more tackles and CBs to go

rossihunter2

Staff Member
im very excited about seeing who might fall in round 2 - really think that run on corners still has to happen and there's still some OTs left

the RBs and more QBs will have to come off the board too

and not 1 safety went in round 1 and i think there's about 6 that teams will have high(ish) grades on

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i have to say Brandon Aiyuk to the 49ers is such a great pick by them - just thinking about him in shanahan's offence is worrying
I know nothing about him. My dad's a Niners fan who BADLY wanted Lamb or Jeudy. He sleeping now, but how can I make him feel better? Lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know nothing about him. My dad's a Niners fan who BADLY wanted Lamb or Jeudy. He sleeping now, but how can I make him feel better? Lol.

aiyuk's an incredible fit there with the weapons they already have - he's a home-run threat and creates space early in the route he's 5ft 11 but has like the 4th longest wingspan of any of the WRs in the whole draft class (including all the 6ft 6 monsters who cant run lol) due to crazy long arms - he's not jeudy or lamb but he is a weapon

+ they got javon kinlaw who has a higher ceiling than derrick brown who got picked at 7

but aiyuk is an athlete:

just show him this clip:

Francois Boulianne

Practice Squad
What is your take on Claypool? I rarely see him on your lists. Should be there at 60 so no need to trade capital to get him. One of the better blockers at WR and could eventually play TE ala Darren Waller to take Hurst' snaps. Sure hands, 230 pounds I think, play physical. Wouldn't he be a good complement to what we have?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im very excited about seeing who might fall in round 2 - really think that run on corners still has to happen and there's still some OTs left

the RBs and more QBs will have to come off the board too

and not 1 safety went in round 1 and i think there's about 6 that teams will have high(ish) grades on
McKinney
Delpit
Winfield jr
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon diggs
Lucas niang
Josh jones
Ezra Cleveland

that’s 8 players right there off the top of my head that we shouldn’t have too much interest in that are essentially guaranteed to go ahead of 55. Factor in probably 10-16 horrible picks because the second round is LOADED with either reaches on raw upside guys or reaches on low ceiling guys, I think we’re gonna get 2 really good players, just have to hope the guy we pick pans out. I really think Terrell Lewis ends up a raven at 55, and I’m worried about that but also excited.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
McKinney
Delpit
Winfield jr
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon diggs
Lucas niang
Josh jones
Ezra Cleveland

that’s 8 players right there off the top of my head that we shouldn’t have too much interest in that are essentially guaranteed to go ahead of 55. Factor in probably 10-16 horrible picks because the second round is LOADED with either reaches on raw upside guys or reaches on low ceiling guys, I think we’re gonna get 2 really good players, just have to hope the guy we pick pans out. I really think Terrell Lewis ends up a raven at 55, and I’m worried about that but also excited.

im with you - i think some really good players are going to fall to our picks in the 2nd round - i just dont know what position they'll play yet - im more excited about day 2 than the first round i think (probably because i had all those nerves about kenneth murray lol)

but also dont forget about some of these other guys who probably go ahead of our pick:

kristian fulton
prince tega wanogho

and now we have to start hoping some LBs come flying off the board too at some point on day 2

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon Davidson
Mims
sEpenesa
Baun
IUche
blacklock
greenard
Taylor
There's lots more. Groggy but I am ready now. So excited