• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: LBs Patrick Queen (28) and Malik Harrison (98)

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
one of her regular valuations is similar to wins above replacement (and often her models do thousands of simulations of the season)

my guess is that our major need at LB + his great value in terms of being on the board later than expected means he is an incredibly useful part to add to our defence in her modelling
The athletic built a big board for which they gathered data from 60 other big boards. it's basically a consensus big board. Queen was ranked 19th

We have had success drafting undersized ilbs in the first round previously. Only 8 pounds lighter than Ray, who hopefully will be a mentor.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

one of my favourite clips of queen so far...

no hint that he's blitzing at all, gets downhill in a hurry and takes on the contact from the C and defeats it with ease to get to the QB

the NFL is a contact sport - those guys who rely on speed in college have to be able to deal with contact - finesse wont work in the pros because everyone's an athlete - the way he's almost completely unaffected by the contact there is a great sign

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This from a steelers-centred draft analyst:

in that 3rd one - guy in the comments saying that same was said about CJ Mosley and he didnt kill them... i distinctly remember a CJ Mosley interception against the browns ended the steelers entire season in 2018 lol - surely cant hurt much more than that...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Do you think we would have preferred Murray over Queen if they were both still available? Murray better block shedder, Queen better in pass coverage.
no, but I do wonder if we preferred Brooks over Queen. Probably not though.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even though the meltdowns would have been awesome to see, I'm so glad we didn't have the chance to draft Murray and got Queen instead. He's a perfect fit for our defense and it really seems like he's only scratching the surface of what he can actually do (the dude is only 20 years old and can still learn so much more to get even better). Love this pick.