• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: WRs Devin Duvernay (92) and James Proche (201)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another thing I like about these guys.

These are the kind of guys Humphrey has problems with. I think they might frustrate his confidence a bit in camp. Guys who are great at the catch point, especially when contested. Something humphrey struggles with, should frustrate him in camp and I like that

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Another thing I like about these guys.

These are the kind of guys Humphrey has problems with. I think they might frustrate his confidence a bit in camp. Guys who are great at the catch point, especially when contested. Something humphrey struggles with, should frustrate him in camp and I like that

except humphrey is great in contested situations - he's literally known as the guy who fights through contact right until the end to force the incompletion - that's the closest thing to a trademark he has

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
except humphrey is great in contested situations - he's literally known as the guy who fights through contact right until the end to force the incompletion - that's the closest thing to a trademark he has
Well I meant more his ball skills. But ya your right. These guys however do a good job of fighting through contact at the catch point. Should be fun to watch

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching duvernay right now, and I wouldn’t expect a whole ton from him as a rookie, his way onto the active roster year 1 is as a special teamer, without mincing words his route running is pretty much horrible. He’s got some stiffness in the hips, his footwork really isn’t there at all, and his breaks are very soft as result of both of those things.

the natural hands and natural talent with the ball are very apparent, he’s a plucker and tucker when given a lead, and when the ball comes to his numbers he times the catch beautifully and gives a nice soft breadbasket in the ins of his elbows. Beautiful ball tracking over the shoulder and incredibly confident hands on fades and posts, really feels the dbs presence when he’s got separation.

he’s gonna be limited to return duty, fades and posts, and end arounds as a rookie, and he’s gonna be forever limited in the route tree because I really see a lot of hip and ankle stiffness, but even in the pros he’s a big play waiting to happen because he can get open downfield and he can catch any ball when he’s got a step.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Heres the thing about JP

He doesn't get real seperation, he just grabs everything.

DD does though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Heres the thing about JP

He doesn't get real seperation, he just grabs everything.

DD does though
Dev duv gets separation on pure speed. I’ve been super underwhelmed by his routes

proche is gonna be a route runner, his feet are there, he’s a super choppy short strider, blindingly quick feet and flexible lower half. He’s gotta get some coaching and find out why he’s gotta use those feet. He needs to get in the gym with Hollywood and AB, he’s gonna be deadly if he can put in work with those guys

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dev duv gets separation on pure speed. I’ve been super underwhelmed by his routes

proche is gonna be a route runner, his feet are there, he’s a super choppy short strider, blindingly quick feet and flexible lower half. He’s gotta get some coaching and find out why he’s gotta use those feet. He needs to get in the gym with Hollywood and AB, he’s gonna be deadly if he can put in work with those guys

gonna be diving more into duvernay's tape next - ill keep an eye out for stiff hips

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
3 games deep on proche right now. First of all, 2018 is hard to watch because the qb was so bad, holy shit. 2019 the qb is a lot more respectable, but their wr corps looks really solid so you see him open a lot but not getting targets, I think the talk of proche not getting separation is pretty overblown, sometimes the db just does a good job covering, sometimes proche gets wide open on footwork alone.

proche could seriously be good, idk how he fell so far, he’s got incredible feet and he’s just gotta apply some IQ to it, which takes good coaching. His separation isn’t sustained, but it’s there. You can make this guy a 80 catch receiver, but you gotta have timing, and coordinating for it, he can run any route you ask him to, but he’s not hurting anyone on fades and posts.

I look forward to him in scramble drills with lamar

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
remember when we used to take guys like aaron mallett? ( spelling?)

it was depressing