• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: WRs Devin Duvernay (92) and James Proche (201)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really impressed with him in contested catches. Also a nice trust between he and The Texas QB. Imagine that rapport existing between Lamar/Marquise and Devin!

i think there's work to be done on his routes in terms of consistency but there's a lot to work with there and he's clearly an intelligent guy

the thing im really excited about though is how he reads those zones and seems to intuitively understand how to manipulate those zones to find the space and if Lamar and he can get on the same page he's going to be lethal - if he and Lamar can get any sort of chemistry then Lamar's going to get him the ball with space for him to get YAC

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm might be more hyped for Proche than Duvernay. Just watch a highlight video and that's hands and body control are ridiculous. This damn pandemic better not ruin football for us this season because the passing game should be EXPLOSIVE. Still think Boykin takes a 2nd year leap too. Then add a healthy Hollywood...

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think there's work to be done on his routes in terms of consistency but there's a lot to work with there and he's clearly an intelligent guy

the thing im really excited about though is how he reads those zones and seems to intuitively understand how to manipulate those zones to find the space and if Lamar and he can get on the same page he's going to be lethal - if he and Lamar can get any sort of chemistry then Lamar's going to get him the ball with space for him to get YAC
love to see he and Lamar along with marquise and Miles become joined at the hip. It was interesting to see how much rapport Devin has with the Texas QB

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I’m trying to put a finger on who proche reminds me of, and I wanna say Julian Edelman...

Lol I was literally coming here to say if I had to give the edge to one, I'm definitely giving it to Proche and he's gonna be the next Julian Edelman.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
love to see he and Lamar along with marquise and Miles become joined at the hip. It was interesting to see how much rapport Devin has with the Texas QB
When your reciever never drops a pass it's hard not to like going his way lol.

But ya that chemistry really started from the LSU game. Duvernay left his mark in that game

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing I’d appreciate is if the media can stop calling him DuVARnay. It’s like a unanimous pronunciation but these idiots can just watch a highlight reel and hear how his name is pronounced.
I always pronounce it with a french accent. Idk it sounds better to me.

Waller is the only WR I was excited about when we drafted one. Although he's more of a Slot WR/TE now - one could argue he's the best WR we've ever drafted.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ya his routes arent great but the one thing I like with him is the big play ability. I think he can be deadly for us with quick slants from the slot when we run a RPO. Slot corners and safeties have a real hard time tackling him thanks to his stocky frame. I really like his YAC potential in our offense, especially in that regard but hell never be an elite route runner. And I'm fine with that
I blame a lot of that on the coaching at Texas. No he may never be an elite route runner, but he will get better and that is a big reason we have Culley as our WR coach and Passing Game Coordinator.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I always pronounce it with a french accent. Idk it sounds better to me.

Waller is the only WR I was excited about when we drafted one. Although he's more of a Slot WR/TE now - one could argue he's the best WR we've ever drafted.
that's how I pronounce it, but I'd rather just call him Porsche minus the s

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
that's how I pronounce it, but I'd rather just call him Porsche minus the s

I'm really liking Proche already

vorsteiner-porsche-gt3-rs-purple-19.jpg