• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: WRs Devin Duvernay (92) and James Proche (201)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This may be blasphemy talk but here it goes...

If Devin duvernay doesn’t make an impact, Greg Roman may need a second look. Duvernay is such a playmaker, but it will be up to the coaches to use him properly. He should be on a bubble, quick hitch, orbit, or jet motion every single play that he’s not running a deep route, and he should be a designed target fairly often

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This may be blasphemy talk but here it goes...

If Devin duvernay doesn’t make an impact, Greg Roman may need a second look. Duvernay is such a playmaker, but it will be up to the coaches to use him properly. He should be on a bubble, quick hitch, orbit, or jet motion every single play that he’s not running a deep route, and he should be a designed target fairly often

I've had the feeling since last year that Culley will be more involved in play design.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've had the feeling since last year that Culley will be more involved in play design.
I hope so. Greg Roman definitely struggles to use WRs, they just run clear routes and catch deep posts on play action, that’s about it lol

the more I watch duvernay the more I think he’s gonna be a really good player. You don’t have THAT level of production and consistency and look SO sure handed and explosive and just be a fluke. Duvernay doesn’t have film that the purists would drool over, because he has a lot of refinement issues, but man he gets separation and he so consistently makes play after play, with his hands and with the ball in his hands. He got consistently fed and he consistently dominated with those touches

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope so. Greg Roman definitely struggles to use WRs, they just run clear routes and catch deep posts on play action, that’s about it lol

the more I watch duvernay the more I think he’s gonna be a really good player. You don’t have THAT level of production and consistency and look SO sure handed and explosive and just be a fluke. Duvernay doesn’t have film that the purists would drool over, because he has a lot of refinement issues, but man he gets separation and he so consistently makes play after play, with his hands and with the ball in his hands. He got consistently fed and he consistently dominated with those touches

Am I the only one who likes Proche over Duvernay? For me, proche's IT factor is just undeniable.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Am I the only one who likes Proche over Duvernay? For me, proche's IT factor is just undeniable.
Not that I like him over duvernay, but I like proche A LOT and think the value of proche in 6 crushes the value of duvernay in 3.

I wanna see him separate better, that’s undeniable, but I also see flaws that can absolutely be the main reason he’s not separating, if he can get this flaw coached out of him which should be fairly easy, then he has a chance to be really solid. He’s gotta stop telegraphing his route right at the break, just make the cut and stop with the extra movements, it’s wasted motion that buys the db time and tips your hand.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not that I like him over duvernay, but I like proche A LOT and think the value of proche in 6 crushes the value of duvernay in 3.

I wanna see him separate better, that’s undeniable, but I also see flaws that can absolutely be the main reason he’s not separating, if he can get this flaw coached out of him which should be fairly easy, then he has a chance to be really solid. He’s gotta stop telegraphing his route right at the break, just make the cut and stop with the extra movements, it’s wasted motion that buys the db time and tips your hand.

I saw that in some games but not others. ( wasted motion)

For me he's simply a baller. Jarvis Landry couldnt seperate whatsoever, he just won all the time. I see the same with proche. As it pertains to hands, I think hes got the best hands in this draft. I've been absolutley gobsmacked by how unbelievable his hands are.Cris Carter like.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I saw that in some games but not others. ( wasted motion)

For me he's simply a baller. Jarvis Landry couldnt seperate whatsoever, he just won all the time. I see the same with proche. As it pertains to hands, I think hes got the best hands in this draft. I've been absolutley gobsmacked by how unbelievable his hands are.Cris Carter like.
He’s got the best hands no question for me too, I say “natural receiver” a lot, and it’s a term I’d use for a guy like proche, guys like Landry, Boyd, thielen, AB, just so sure handed in all situations and have this second nature like comfort in turning your head and controlling your body and getting that ball in a secure position no matter what.

but the thing that’s really underrated about him is his quick feet, he’s not fast but his feet are unnaturally quick, shit looks sped up on film, that’s why I think cutting out the wasted motion is gonna be huge for him and could be the only thing he needs to play more like a second rounder than a 6th. His feet are so quick they can be refined into such a weapon that they aren’t right now because he just needs coaching on it

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with Flex. I like Proche a lot but don't believe he's the better WR than Duvernay.

I dunno man, the grabs proche made and the non existent drops over the past 3 years just scream success to me along with unbelievable production in general. This ain't like the tandon doss love which I never bought into. Proche has ''it''...i dunno what the SMU program has been doing over the last few years but they seem to create very good WR's.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I dunno man, the grabs proche made and the non existent drops over the past 3 years just scream success to me along with unbelievable production in general. This ain't like the tandon doss love which I never bought into. Proche has ''it''...i dunno what the SMU program has been doing over the last few years but they seem to create very good WR's.
certainly looks like he has some very good glue. Probably purchased directly from Freddie Biletnikoff.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Sorta like andrews and hurst, i didnt see it in hurst but i saw in andrews. I dont really see the hype around devin man. Yes he is fast but thats literally all i see. With the ball in his hands, i only see power. I dnt really see much elusiveness from him. I watched the 1vs1 tapes a few months ago and man he looked so terrible. Def gonna have to keep him in motion if teams arent giving him a free release. Imo, proche looks like the better wr. Idk how we will use him and we most likely will use devin more becuase of his speed but i like proche much more as a wr. Proche didnt look too much better on the 1vs1 drills but you can kind of see the potential in him. Either way, im liking proche better than devin untill i watch more tape

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorta like andrews and hurst, i didnt see it in hurst but i saw in andrews. I dont really see the hype around devin man. Yes he is fast but thats literally all i see. With the ball in his hands, i only see power. I dnt really see much elusiveness from him. I watched the 1vs1 tapes a few months ago and man he looked so terrible. Def gonna have to keep him in motion if teams arent giving him a free release. Imo, proche looks like the better wr. Idk how we will use him and we most likely will use devin more becuase of his speed but i like proche much more as a wr. Proche didnt look too much better on the 1vs1 drills but you can kind of see the potential in him. Either way, im liking proche better than devin untill i watch more tape
you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see soon enough what type of role he plays this year, but I'd expect year two to be a big jump for him if he ends up being a good pick. I like both proche and Duverney. I was thrilled we landed Proche in the 6th or was it the 7th.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see soon enough what type of role he plays this year, but I'd expect year two to be a big jump for him if he ends up being a good pick. I like both proche and Duverney. I was thrilled we landed Proche in the 6th or was it the 7th.
Yea i remember you all mentioning him some time ago. When i think about i can see a year two jump from them both also. Hollywood is a hard worker, that shit gonna rub off on the rest of young guys.

It was in the 6th, I had been picking him in the 7th in every mock I did so I was happy to get him but felt a little ripped off lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Duvernays got the traits you can’t coach and he seems to be weak in areas that can be coached. You can’t develop speed, sure hands, and hard nosed mentality.

I think duvernay seriously needs flexibility training, that always was and still remains my biggest concern, he’s got quickness but when and how he can use it is seriously limited by stiff hips and ankles, if he can become more flexible and fluid with his change of direction we will have a weapon on our hands