• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: WRs Devin Duvernay (92) and James Proche (201)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Didnt he also technically play 2 extra games too? Texas didnt have a conference title game and the playoff is essentially 2 bowl games

if we exclude the playoffs and only talk about their 13 game seasons then duvernay had nearly 90 more yards than jefferson

jefferson went off for over 300 yards in the 2 playoff games

the other thing to note is jefferson's production is a bit more volatile - there were a couple of games where he only had 20 yds whereas duvernay never had a game under 50 (and only 2 total under 60)

jefferson was a much better prospect than duvernay with his route running etc. but to use production to make that point was a bad choice by PFF

Jefferson was competing with Ja'Maar Chase for the ball though, Duvernay had 70 more receptions than the nearest WR at Texas.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jefferson was competing with Ja'Maar Chase for the ball though, Duvernay had 70 more receptions than the nearest WR at Texas.

there were enough targets to go around in that LSU offence

but Duvernay was also not the only WR on his team either - Collin Johnson was a big target draw when he was in the team this year

but more than that he was the only real weapon which means he drew extra attention

again this is not to say that Jefferson's production isnt impressive - it's just that there's no reason for the production to be held above Duvernay's

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Proche has more of an ''IT'' factor than Duvernay.

but they are both going to be big for us.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Was just watching porche and i thought ,dam he looks like AB a little bit.. then i went and watched both him and dunervay 1vs1 drills during senior bowl .. in 1vs1 drills, open field,wrs are at an advantage and its not even close, yet neither james and especially dunevay could get open. James looked better but i still was kinda upset that it didnt look as good as the tape i watched. I thought he would be able to gain much more separation. Could def see the potential there though.Dunveay, as of now looks striclty like a slot guy.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Was just watching porche and i thought ,dam he looks like AB a little bit.. then i went and watched both him and dunervay 1vs1 drills during senior bowl .. in 1vs1 drills, open field,wrs are at an advantage and its not even close, yet neither james and especially dunevay could get open. James looked better but i still was kinda upset that it didnt look as good as the tape i watched. I thought he would be able to gain much more separation. Could def see the potential there though.Dunveay, as of now looks striclty like a slot guy.
Let me guess - back in school you never won a spelling bee competition? :p

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Proche in the 1v1s had a fatal flaw that needs coaching, he gave wasted motions that were telltale signs that he was breaking in one direction while also slowing down his breaks. He’s fighting for leverage and then before his break he jabs hard towards the db, you’re not gonna fight for leverage and then after you win it cut across the dbs face, every db he faced saw that jab step and just went the opposite direction and was on his ass every time. If he was just making a sharp sudden cut which he’s perfectly capable of, he would’ve bought himself “nfl separation” meaning if the ball is delivered in good rhythm then he’s open for it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
we got some really good football players in this draft. Best draft we've had IMO since i've been active on forums ( 12 years)
The 2018 draft was very good as well and it's a bit early to make that call. In 2018 we drafted Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, Orlando Brown (all really good to MVP starters, along with Bradley Bozeman who was more than competent at left guard last year.

This years draft looks really good though and I'm going to have fun watching the players develop.