• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For those in any way inclined to fill out the WR consensus spreadsheet to add their rankings, you've got about 24 hours left

we've got enough now to get results but the more the merrier...
so if anyone's got any WR ranking opinions then feel free to add your name and rankings to the list:

2021 WR Consensus Spreadsheet

you don't need to fill in 15 if you haven't got 15 - just do as many as you can - and maybe we can make/break a couple of ties

For those in any way inclined to fill out the WR consensus spreadsheet to add their rankings, you've got about 24 hours left

so if anyone's got any WR ranking opinions then feel free to add your name and rankings to the list:

you don't need to fill in 15 if you haven't got 15 - just do as many as you can - and maybe we can make/break a couple of ties
Oh boy.. Good reminder
I'll finish some house stuff and trying to do my part before to go to bed

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

One thing i've got to ask though: I'm interested to know whether you & all others rank from a Ravens perspective or is it more of an overall ranking?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
every time i do the pff mock sim - i keep ending up with these 5 players in some fashion or other:

Teven Jenkins - pff is low on him
Dyami Brown
Kelvin Joseph
Jamar Johnson
Aaron Banks

and there's still normally our 1st/2nd pick for me to fill with someone talented
PFF is funny. This is my first PFF but I'll probably be on it all night If only the draft were easy.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 3.43.51 PM.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
PFF is funny. This is my first PFF but I'll probably be on it all night If only the draft were easy.
View attachment 2665

Jenkins, Davis, Palmer, St-Juste, Banks, Robinson are almost always available through most of day 3
spencer brown consistently makes it into round 4

i did just get a fun one where i got darrisaw and paye at 27 and 31 lol
and then for the hell of it i took a RB at 94 lol (Michael Carter)

but again I had lots of the same guys available later
Kelvin Joseph
Jamar Johnson
Brady Christensen
David Moore
Cornell Powell...

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jenkins, Davis, Palmer, St-Juste, Banks, Robinson are almost always available through most of day 3
spencer brown consistently makes it into round 4

i did just get a fun one where i got darrisaw and paye at 27 and 31 lol
and then for the hell of it i took a RB at 94 lol (Michael Carter)

but again I had lots of the same guys available later
Kelvin Joseph
Jamar Johnson
Brady Christensen
David Moore
Cornell Powell...
pretty sure Bucky Brooks does his mock drafts on PFF

rossihunter2

Staff Member
his 7 rounder was wild

like i dont get it - if you didnt watch the players, why do a 7 round mock - and if you contractually have to do one (because it seems to be his only value to nfl.com on a yearly basis), then put in the work...

lance zierlein actually puts the work in on like 400+ players a year, so even if i disagree with him on certain evaluations, i cannot criticise the work he puts in (or the overall eye for prospects) - and he's generally pretty good with OL too which a lot of media scouts arent

similarly dane brugler can be criticised for all sorts - but dude puts out his evals on 400-500 (or more) players every year and publishes it

on a yearly basis, there is no evidence that chad reuter watched a single player this year...

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
every time i do the pff mock sim - i keep ending up with these 5 players in some fashion or other:

Teven Jenkins - pff is low on him
Dyami Brown
Kelvin Joseph
Jamar Johnson
Aaron Banks

and there's still normally our 1st/2nd pick for me to fill with someone talented
Johnson is always there in the middle rounds, for some reason. Underrated, in my eyes. When I do them, Brown gets snapped up in the 2nd. And I always pick Jenkins as well. The value is impossible to pass up on.

Simba

Staff Member
Lots of injury "concerns" popping up over the last few days... Farley, Ojulari, Marshall, etc. Farley is probably legit but you have to wonder how many of these leaks are solely there to try to make teams second guess.