• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

Simba

Staff Member
Also interesting to see how many in the media still have Denver going QB. Maybe I'm just crazy, but it doesn't make any sense. Why make the trade for Bridgewater unless you have some intel that says that guy you wanted isn't going to be available? If you still want a QB, that Bridgewater trade is still there tomorrow if the guy you want doesn't make it.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also interesting to see how many in the media still have Denver going QB. Maybe I'm just crazy, but it doesn't make any sense. Why make the trade for Bridgewater unless you have some intel that says that guy you wanted isn't going to be available? If you still want a QB, that Bridgewater trade is still there tomorrow if the guy you want doesn't make it.
Bridgewater just makes sure the team isn't a trash fire, but he shouldn't be a starter. If you get the option of Bridgewater or Fields you take Fields.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Learned today that there are dudes in this draft named Rachad Wildgoose and DiCaprio Bootle. We need them.
draft for name, not bpa or need. If they bust atleast you had a cool name on a jersey to sell.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
4B8730DB-D1B8-4497-851E-0DA49AC9650F.png

Would love this

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
PFF is really low on a number of players including kary vincent jr - consistently he falls that far in their mock sim
i too don't love tylan wallace much
if we dont go WR in round 1 id be happy with Dyami Brown as a trade down target, maybe Amon-ra too in Rd 3 but he strikes me as a pure slot guy, not sure he could win consistently outside.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 How in the heck did Kary Vincent fall so far lol. Also not the biggest Wallace fan, would be pretty disappointed if he was our only WR drafted
PFF is really low on a number of players including kary vincent jr - consistently he falls that far in their mock sim
i too don't love tylan wallace much
tbh im not that high on wallace either, but i always do this thing where i believe the consensus over my own eyes with a few prospects, im doing that with wallace. i also dont know that vincent jr falls anywhere near there, i have a third round grade on him, hes consistently this low in mock generators though, for what thats worth

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if we dont go WR in round 1 id be happy with Dyami Brown as a trade down target, maybe Amon-ra too in Rd 3 but he strikes me as a pure slot guy, not sure he could win consistently outside.

agreed entirely - i love the swagger and heat that amon-ra brings though - but yeah he'd be a mostly slot option (at least early)
i love dyami - i think im a lot higher on him than most of the rest of the board

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
tbh im not that high on wallace either, but i always do this thing where i believe the consensus over my own eyes with a few prospects, im doing that with wallace. i also dont know that vincent jr falls anywhere near there, i have a third round grade on him, hes consistently this low in mock generators though, for what thats worth
id be ecstatic if we get vincent anywhere in rounds 3-4. I think this kid can be a stud and he wont have to rush onto the field. He looks so naturally fluid.

also a little off topic in terms of your draft but what does everyone love Joe Tryon so much? When i watch him I think of Correa 2.0 all over again. I hope i'm wrong though. Maybe its just the edge class being so underwhelming. id prefer a guy like Ojulari even if hes a one trick pony, its a good trick lol. Plus he plays with a lot of energy and I like that, hed fit in with our defense

rossihunter2

Staff Member

with wallace, i think i'd be inclined to trust the consensus vs my own eyes if they were saying things that i didnt see on tape (id just assume ive missed it)

but they're consistently seeing the same things but evaluating them differently

for what it's worth, lance zierlein has him in R4 and i think that's about where i have him too, TDN and PFN profiles seem to say similar things to zierlein although TDN has him in the top 80 (which would suggest 3rd round)

DJ has him at 95 (which would be a late 3rd rounder but likely means a late 3rd or 4th round type grade)

i have him as the 106th player on my board

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
agreed entirely - i love the swagger and heat that amon-ra brings though - but yeah he'd be a mostly slot option (at least early)
i love dyami - i think im a lot higher on him than most of the rest of the board
Dyami is really overlooked imo. The guy just gets open. He has good hands and a solid athlete, I think he's a guy who will come in and produce for any team day 1 and thats what we need. He was also very highly touted coming out of highschool so the talent has always been there

rossihunter2

Staff Member
id be ecstatic if we get vincent anywhere in rounds 3-4. I think this kid can be a stud and he wont have to rush onto the field. He looks so naturally fluid.

also a little off topic in terms of your draft but what does everyone love Joe Tryon so much? When i watch him I think of Correa 2.0 all over again. I hope i'm wrong though. Maybe its just the edge class being so underwhelming. id prefer a guy like Ojulari even if hes a one trick pony, its a good trick lol. Plus he plays with a lot of energy and I like that, hed fit in with our defense

yeah i really dont get it with tryon - like i see the athleticism and power but he looks fairly stiff to me - the only thing that suggests he's somewhat of a fit (to me) is how comfortable he is in coverage

he's got some tools but i wouldnt say they're eye-popping tools and he lacks obvious bend - and then on top of that there's not a ton of polish to his game - im a lot lower on him than the consensus was even before people started touting him as a potential 1st round pick...