• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i mean it's irrational in the sense that they're different people but any wariness is perfectly understandable lol
Ok, but I really like what I see on film from him, more than I ever liked equanimeous who I was really high on, I had him as a 2/3 and Amon-Ra so far I’d say is a pretty clear first rounder

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i was even wronger on equanimeous lol - absolutely loved him in that draft class - maybe my biggest miss ever
What was it that went wrong with him? I see on old write ups that he acted entitled and was nonchalant in his draft meetings, along with a lack of competitive streak and poor hands, I don’t recall poor hands from his film but I could’ve missed it or maybe blamed it on NDs penchant for shit qbs.

either way, I don’t feel like I’m seeing any of this with Amon-ra, he looks like he’s got some dog in him and he is far quicker and more explosive than EQ ever was

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What is everyone's thoughts on Kyle Pitts? Yes we have Andrews, but Pitts seems to be the best TE prospect to come out in a while. Would you pull the trigger on Pitts in the first?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What is everyone's thoughts on Kyle Pitts? Yes we have Andrews, but Pitts seems to be the best TE prospect to come out in a while. Would you pull the trigger on Pitts in the first?
If he’s available to us there simply aren’t too many guys you would think would have more superstar potential.

also, we have complementary receiver, we want that “true” #1, Kyle Pitts could absolutely play receiver imo. That said I don’t trust our team to make that work

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If he’s available to us there simply aren’t too many guys you would think would have more superstar potential.

also, we have complementary receiver, we want that “true” #1, Kyle Pitts could absolutely play receiver imo. That said I don’t trust our team to make that work

I worry that he wouldn’t pan out but it’s unlikely there’d be a better skill position player available when we’re on the clock from what I’ve seen so far

he’s so dynamic and dominant

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I worry that he wouldn’t pan out but it’s unlikely there’d be a better skill position player available when we’re on the clock from what I’ve seen so far

he’s so dynamic and dominant
That’s my exact view on it lol, that said, I’m much higher on the idea of drafting OL, like lots of them, no more day 3 investments. We need to make a serious commitment to building a bully up front and this is looking like a respectable iOL class

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s my exact view on it lol, that said, I’m much higher on the idea of drafting OL, like lots of them, no more day 3 investments. We need to make a serious commitment to building a bully up front and this is looking like a respectable iOL class

@Simba suggested we double dip at IOL in the first 2 rounds this year lol - im not really sure i could disagree with him right now - it is the number 1 weakness on this team and it seemingly is a big enough issue that it can not be overcome - we saw lamar dice up the NFL last year with this same receiving corps except seth roberts and hayden hurst

we've got edge guys all as free agents but we've got options there and the ability to negotiate before the free agency window opens with all of them

right now I'd say this is the order of needs:

1. IOL
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. Receiver
  5. EDGE
  6. ...
  7. DB
  8. Swing Tackle
  9. DL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im watching georgias OL vs auburn right now, and i just counted 5 consecutive pancake block from their C trey hill, like putting his man flat on his ass for 5 consecutive snaps, both pass and run, this was in the first quarter alone, i had counted 2 prior to that streak.

he could stand to lose some weight, he could stand to get those feet moving quicker, but holy shit he is a paul bunyan ass mf, he can move grown men consistently, big bear paw having dude and when he gets hands on you hes too damn strong and nasty to get off, plays like a very scrappy dude, echo of the whistle type guy, finisher, tone setter, all those things.

i hate watching OL tape, except for when i stumble across one of these absolute fucking units just snap after snap piledriving 290+ lb guys into the turf and holding them in submission, in this class wyatt davis and trey smith are the only others i have seen in that mold. really like trey hill for us

rossihunter2

Staff Member
im watching georgias OL vs auburn right now, and i just counted 5 consecutive pancake block from their C trey hill, like putting his man flat on his ass for 5 consecutive snaps, both pass and run, this was in the first quarter alone, i had counted 2 prior to that streak.

he could stand to lose some weight, he could stand to get those feet moving quicker, but holy shit he is a paul bunyan ass mf, he can move grown men consistently, big bear paw having dude and when he gets hands on you hes too damn strong and nasty to get off, plays like a very scrappy dude, echo of the whistle type guy, finisher, tone setter, all those things.

i hate watching OL tape, except for when i stumble across one of these absolute fucking units just snap after snap piledriving 290+ lb guys into the turf and holding them in submission, in this class wyatt davis and trey smith are the only others i have seen in that mold. really like trey hill for us

haha trey hill will probably be one of the first guys i watch when i start breaking down tape because one of the first snaps of his season and snaps i saw of him this year was so bad it lead to a TD iirc and then he had another one like a week later too so despite knowing he was a good interior prospect that has been in my head lol but obviously havent done any actual scouting on him yet because i hear he looks like a good one

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
haha trey hill will probably be one of the first guys i watch when i start breaking down tape because one of the first snaps of his season and snaps i saw of him this year was so bad it lead to a TD iirc and then he had another one like a week later too so despite knowing he was a good interior prospect that has been in my head lol but obviously havent done any actual scouting on him yet because i hear he looks like a good one
damn this is the first ive heard of that lol. he looks raw and not in ideal shape, so i could imagine a snap like that occasionally, but that doesnt look to be something that would result from lack of effort or poor attitude, because he looks like a 110% effort kinda guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
damn this is the first ive heard of that lol. he looks raw and not in ideal shape, so i could imagine a snap like that occasionally, but that doesnt look to be something that would result from lack of effort or poor attitude, because he looks like a 110% effort kinda guy.

and i just want to be clear im not suggesting this is necessarily something you'll see all over his film - because i havent watched any of his tape yet - just that when watching his first 2 games of the year live those 2 plays stuck out for obvious reasons lol

EDIT:
also just realised earlier comment was slightly wrong - bad snap didnt lead to a TD but did kill a drive

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
6BA55FC7-6E6F-4C96-8D87-BF5563E05C3E.png

this is about as ideal as it gets for us, although I don’t see Washington or Hill falling anywhere close to that far, my only preference would be to swap Bateman for Wyatt Davis and then take a wr in R2

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
3A452E00-6284-4BE8-96E8-E06B19FC64EC.png

ah! This is my ideal draft, similar to last but I like the value better too to bottom.

side note, LinderBaum is a project to potentially take over for project pat, extremely undersized IOL but stupidly athletic and much stronger than his size would suggest, fun pick for the sixth

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
iOL > WR as the #1 priority?

who’s on that boat with me?

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Picking in the 24-32 range, feels like a great spot to trade back.

Right now, the way I'm seeing the board play out (it's early, I know lol), you'll have RB, OT, LB and IOL in a cluster as BPA. Like last year, I see 5 WR (Chase/Waddle/Smith/Marshall/Bateman) all picked by pick 25, could be just out of the Ravens range.

I'd be fine with IOL, but I just think EDC would rather go with a more "splashy" selection in the 1st.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Picking in the 24-32 range, feels like a great spot to trade back.

Right now, the way I'm seeing the board play out (it's early, I know lol), you'll have RB, OT, LB and IOL in a cluster as BPA. Like last year, I see 5 WR (Chase/Waddle/Smith/Marshall/Bateman) all picked by pick 25, could be just out of the Ravens range.

I'd be fine with IOL, but I just think EDC would rather go with a more "splashy" selection in the 1st.

could be a corner - wouldnt be the pick everyone wants but would make a ton of sense

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
could be a corner - wouldnt be the pick everyone wants but would make a ton of sense
I wouldn’t hate a Jaycee horn or Caleb Farley pick. First of all it would be a steal and if we make a deep playoff run then these guys aren’t the least bit realistic so they would likely be big BPA value picks, secondly they are DREAM fits in Baltimore, big physical press corners with great ability to leverage a route at the snap, and Farley is in the mold of a Humphrey the way he plays when he keeps the play in front of him, transforms into a downhill attacking cb when he sees the ball