• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Nico Siragusa

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Btw to anyone whos aware of the cap situation, after next year does flacco's salary go down considerably?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm still on the fence with this kid. I hope he makes an impact sooner than later.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I don't think Mangold is as viable as ravens fans are hoping. A perennial pro bowler would be getting more attention

Signing him before the 9th puts us at risk of losing the 3rd rd comp pick next year. I think teams would rather wait until after that date for the same reason.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Signing him before the 9th puts us at risk of losing the 3rd rd comp pick next year. I think teams would rather wait until after that date for the same reason.
He was cut it does not count toward the comp picks.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Btw to anyone whos aware of the cap situation, after next year does flacco's salary go down considerably?
Joes cap hit is 24.5 million this season, which is a combo of bonus, guarantees and salary. Salary is 6m
In 2018 is salary jumps to 12m with a total cap hit of 24.75 million.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Siragusa's tape is so fun to watch. I think picking him clearly indicate that we want to improve the run game, because he creates huge running lanes and should be a day one starter after a good offseason with D'Alessandris who's an excellent coach. Probably my favourite pick in this draft.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
My main concern with the first two picks is that we banked on upside rather than a polished player. For instance, We could have had Forrest Lamp in the first by trading and got some additional picks in the 3rd and 4th round. Lamp could have played RT, C or G at a very very high level. He's as clean of a prospect in the draft.

btw i never listen to what BR.com say when it comes to rookies. They would have had people believing that matt elam was troy polumalou with the way ryan and garrett were pumping him up during practice videos..

:D

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Somebody said he didn't like Siragusa and Stanley run blocking on left side of line? Why not? I think run blocking his his thing for now. He is physical for a left guard. And as a center I think he is a mammoth. In my opinion this draft is a win if our line is successful with Stanley Eluemunor Siragusa Yanda Lewis.

Physical athletic intelligent across the board. However if Jensen or Urschel wins the job it is as good. Let your young guys compete. The winner should be a very good center for years to come. All solid players. The one that wins the job means he has stepped his game up and thrive.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Somebody said he didn't like Siragusa and Stanley run blocking on left side of line? Why not? I think run blocking his his thing for now. He is physical for a left guard. And as a center I think he is a mammoth. In my opinion this draft is a win if our line is successful with Stanley Eluemunor Siragusa Yanda Lewis.

Physical athletic intelligent across the board. However if Jensen or Urschel wins the job it is as good. Let your young guys compete. The winner should be a very good center for years to come. All solid players. The one that wins the job means he has stepped his game up and thrive.
Not sure if eluemunor starts this season. Think he may sit this year and like Wagner, start in year two. That being said, if hes good enough to start, great. Siragusa has never been a center and although I believe that could be the intention in the long run, it may not be for this year.
Anyway, good call on the lineup, but not sure it happens this year like that.

I see Stanley, siragusa, ???, yarda, lewis

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not sure if eluemunor starts this season. Think he may sit this year and like Wagner, start in year two. That being said, if hes good enough to start, great. Siragusa has never been a center and although I believe that could be the intention in the long run, it may not be for this year.
Anyway, good call on the lineup, but not sure it happens this year like that.

I see Stanley, siragusa, ???, yarda, lewis
i like eluemunor's belief in himself that he is and will be good enough to start year 1 - and if he is then all the better for us - but i do wonder if he's setting himself up for a pretty big disappointment in year 1

I like Eluemunors traits better, Goose reminds me a bit of the Robert Myers pick but Im hoping he can be a starter at C.

Tiz

Practice Squad
Not sure we take mangold soon without siragusa or someone else getting practice time at center first.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Actually Eluemunor reminds me of Alex Lewis, the versatile and athletic yet raw type and their bad guy mentality. Might actually be ready sooner than we think...