• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Nico Siragusa

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Think everybody would. No big secret Oline is always my priority on a football team. I'm pissed we let Wagner and Osemele go. If Siragusa and Eluemunor could be pro bowl caliber?? WOW!! I mean WOW it's all about the Oline hurting opponents. Eluemunor and Siragusa are my fav draft picks. I like slimmy Timmy Williams a lot to but the lineman are the picks I liked best. Eluemunor was one of my favorite players in draft before we picked him. However we should of traded back and picked Cam or Lamp and built the Oline in only one draft outside the magnificent future allpro Stanley

Sledge hammer, regarding Eluemunor, what made him your fav pick before the draft even got underway? Had you watched him in some games ?

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Sledge hammer, regarding Eluemunor, what made him your fav pick before the draft even got underway? Had you watched him in some games ?

Mayock mentioned him in preliminary draft talk in November or early December. I asked a friend who went to Texas am to send me a couple games. and 5 plays in I thought Carl Nicks. To be honest I'm pissed we let Osemele go. And I was hoping to see KO clone. But I saw Carl Nicks which I gladly thought was a nice constellation prize.It was easy to see his opponents were trying to tread water by exploiting his inexperience.

I compared him to Dawkins and Moton clips and you could see Eluemunor was lighter on his feet and faster off the snap. And as explosive as he is off the snap there is far more potential there. Watch his combine drill where he gets off the ground. He gets up from laying flat like a top shelf athletic left tackle. Yet is a near 340lb power guard prospect.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I just don't see animals as food. I look at our teeth and our physical makeup and we aren't designed to eat meat. In some cultures they embrace killing and eating cats and dogs. people are trained to see it as ''normal'' to kill animals and eat them..

Nature will take care of itself as it pertains to population. We just need to be ourselves and we aren't carnivores ..we're herbivores. Quite frankly, if over- population and negative natural welfare is what is a concern than homo sapiens have no equal lol.

No clue what this has to do with Nico LOL. But, there is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to a vegetarian diet. We are, and always have been, frugivores, going all the way back to 2.5M years ago when the first caveman Sami appeared. Just like our bodies were not designed to eat all types of plants, it was not designed to eat all types of meat either. It is in our nature to hunt animals down, cover that sumbitch in barbeque sauce and turn it into a pile of feces. A vegan diet is not natural. Neither is an all meat diet. And I think it goes without saying that we are the most violent animals to ever walk this planet. To deny that is to deny our nature.

I get a lot of satisfaction out of piercing a fish lip with my hook, and burying a .308 in the chest cavity of Bambi. Nobody taught me I am supposed to like it, I was only taught how to refine those hunting skills. Billions of people over the world agree. If that makes us cowards, well, I guess I'm a coward then. But I still can't wait for that briskette I got on the smoker to finish cooking...thing has been roasting for 9 hours now and DAMN IT SMELLS SO GOOOOOD!! Seems weird for an alleged herbivore to salivate at the scent of roasting meat, eh?

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
our teeth tell the story. Try killing with them. Bears are omnivores and can kill with their teeth. We cannot ;)

Not even John Elway can.
[doublepost=1495301889,1495301354][/doublepost]Anyhow, my diet is based around fruits, veg, nuts, lots of different oils etc and I feel healthier than I ever did eating meat. Everything from my skin to my cardiovascular health has improved tenfold.

Terrell Suggs became a vegan a couple of years ago btw..just a random one I'd throw out there. He feels the same way also ^_^

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
our teeth tell the story. Try killing with them. Bears are omnivores and can kill with their teeth. We cannot ;)

Not even John Elway can.
[doublepost=1495301889,1495301354][/doublepost]Anyhow, my diet is based around fruits, veg, nuts, lots of different oils etc and I feel healthier than I ever did eating meat. Everything from my skin to my cardiovascular health has improved tenfold.

Terrell Suggs became a vegan a couple of years ago btw..just a random one I'd throw out there. He feels the same way also ^_^
This explains your perpetual negative views. You're sad from not eating meat.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This explains your perpetual negative views. You're sad from not eating meat.

lol.

I've just been around a lot with the team. I'm a realist about our team and i'm just going by the past 12 years or so and off seasons.
Out of all the draft classes we have had this one is quite polarizing for me and I don't know how I feel about it from day to day compared to previous classes.

Let's see. Our D should be great but i think we need to pull a boldin ( 2010) like trade on O.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
LOL! Well played :D

I don't want to hijack the thread further, so lets just leave it at that. Actually, I lied, I wanted to say that there are MANY animals, fish and bugs that we can kill and eat with our teeth, and leave it at that.
[doublepost=1495305348,1495304957][/doublepost]
I like this new Sami! Where was this guy at the old home??
[doublepost=1495305641][/doublepost]

I felt that way initially as well. The more I think about it, the more I love it, at least in theory -- it is of course assuming that there are no major busts, and we procure at least two starters from this class, and a solid rotational player.

But yeah, the players themselves...very hard to get a good handle on them as individuals.

I see a point with insect and crustaceans. Look at our fingers too. Nails that can't do squat. Bears are omnivores. they have claws and sharp teeth.

Big game like dear, cattle etc..nah we arent designed to eat that. We are fruit/nut/veggie gatherers in makeup.

Aside from that, I just don't see animals as food. I see them as my friends and they just want to live and should they happen to fall prey to another animals it would be a predator. I don't see or feel myself to be that.

Anyhow, it's not easy being the only vegetarian ( im almost vegan, I eat eggs though but nothing else) in my family. They treat me like an alien at the dining table lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I see a point with insect and crustaceans. Look at our fingers too. Nails that can't do squat. Bears are omnivores. they have claws and sharp teeth.

Big game like dear, cattle etc..nah we arent designed to eat that. We are fruit/nut/veggie gatherers in makeup.

Aside from that, I just don't see animals as food. I see them as my friends and they just want to live and should they happen to fall prey to another animals it would be a predator. I don't see or feel myself to be that.

Anyhow, it's not easy being the only vegetarian ( im almost vegan, I eat eggs though but nothing else) in my family. They treat me like an alien at the dining table lol
those poor plants you're killing, you monster

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
hey, here's how I see it. If y'all eat meat a plenty why not just head straight towards cannibalism :p Keeps population down and apparantly we taste just like pork.
[doublepost=1495309115,1495308063][/doublepost]If anyone is interested in looking into a non-cruelty based diet this might interest some people here.

http://www.onestepforanimals.org/how.html

This is something quite close to my heart and generally I don't talk about it online but maybe some people here might feel somewhat similar.

flynismo

Practice Squad

To quote Sammy Jackson on Die Hard....I don't trust no man that don't like a good American hot dog.
[doublepost=1495311614,1495311460][/doublepost]
hey, here's how I see it. If y'all eat meat a plenty why not just head straight towards cannibalism :p

I'd love to eat Charlize Theron. Zing...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
okay ;)

Anyhow back to the subject. Of all the prospects, I actually have the best feeling about this dude...Siragusa should really be a very good player based on what i've seen of him and his athletic ability.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
No clue what this has to do with Nico LOL. But, there is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to a vegetarian diet. We are, and always have been, frugivores, going all the way back to 2.5M years ago when the first caveman Sami appeared. Just like our bodies were not designed to eat all types of plants, it was not designed to eat all types of meat either. It is in our nature to hunt animals down, cover that sumbitch in barbeque sauce and turn it into a pile of feces. A vegan diet is not natural. Neither is an all meat diet. And I think it goes without saying that we are the most violent animals to ever walk this planet. To deny that is to deny our nature.

I get a lot of satisfaction out of piercing a fish lip with my hook, and burying a .308 in the chest cavity of Bambi. Nobody taught me I am supposed to like it, I was only taught how to refine those hunting skills. Billions of people over the world agree. If that makes us cowards, well, I guess I'm a coward then. But I still can't wait for that briskette I got on the smoker to finish cooking...thing has been roasting for 9 hours now and DAMN IT SMELLS SO GOOOOOD!! Seems weird for an alleged herbivore to salivate at the scent of roasting meat, eh?

Even tho I fish and crab I've never had the heart to take up hunting but man I do love to eat meat. Ever try chuck roast on a smoker. I call it pulled beef. Look online for a good stout beer bbq sauce to go with it.

Hmmmmmm......thread is about Siragusa....... sounds like a man who would like a good pulled beef sandwich.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
What anybody wouldn't do for Eluemunor to be at least close to Osemele and Siragusa a top10 center at least. But I really like those 2 dudes. Siragusa a thought to be a sleeper with cool potential but honestly didn't know much about him til we drafted him. But Eluemunor was one of my favorites for months b4 the draft. And once I got to know Siragusa better I really like him to favorite picks in order

Tim Williams, Eluemunor, Siragusa, Humph Bowser Clark Wormley. Not that I dislike Humph and Bowser. But I like mauling dominant offensive lines to be ravens top priority to set the table for the offense. On side note pff really like Eluemunor to be a phenomenal guard and Humph at safety

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
What anybody wouldn't do for Eluemunor to be at least close to Osemele and Siragusa a top10 center at least. But I really like those 2 dudes. Siragusa a thought to be a sleeper with cool potential but honestly didn't know much about him til we drafted him. But Eluemunor was one of my favorites for months b4 the draft. And once I got to know Siragusa better I really like him to favorite picks in order

Tim Williams, Eluemunor, Siragusa, Humph Bowser Clark Wormley. Not that I dislike Humph and Bowser. But I like mauling dominant offensive lines to be ravens top priority to set the table for the offense. On side note pff really like Eluemunor to be a phenomenal guard and Humph at safety[/QUOTE

COuld never see eluemunor at tackle. I always like tackles to be around 6'6 .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To quote Sammy Jackson on Die Hard....I don't trust no man that don't like a good American hot dog.
[doublepost=1495311614,1495311460][/doublepost]

I'd love to eat Charlize Theron. Zing...
That's about as natural as it gets...

Back to Siragusa