• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2017 College Football Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i would agree but its disconcerting watching him play a lot of a centre-fielder type safety role today
It doesn't really matter. Scouts have already seen everything they needed to. He's been an above average college safety and exceptionally good corner since he suited up as freshman.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It doesn't really matter. Scouts have already seen everything they needed to. He's been an above average college safety and exceptionally good corner since he suited up as freshman.
scratch that anyway - he just got a pick playing corner so i think it just emphasises he's a versatile piece with an understanding of how the entire defensive backfield fits together

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching wash st. They have a gaurd named Cody Occonnell (i think i mentioned him in the old boards) who is 6'9 370. Hes an all american and according to pff only allowed one sack all season.

He seems to carry his weight really well. Could be a nice mid round project

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
scratch that anyway - he just got a pick playing corner so i think it just emphasises he's a versatile piece with an understanding of how the entire defensive backfield fits together

He plays here, there and everywhere. Looking forward to seeing him in the NFL.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Top 5 pick?
There's probably 2-3 qbs going top 5 and I'm guessing Barkley as well. I don't think mincah is gonna be the top valued non-qb after Barkley. I'd bet trey Adams, Arden key, and possibly Derwin James go ahead of mincah. Not that they deserve to, mincah would be my first choice after Barkley/Adams/mcglinchey.

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
There's probably 2-3 qbs going top 5 and I'm guessing Barkley as well. I don't think mincah is gonna be the top valued non-qb after Barkley. I'd bet trey Adams, Arden key, and possibly Derwin James go ahead of mincah. Not that they deserve to, mincah would be my first choice after Barkley/Adams/mcglinchey.
Trey Adams before Connor Williams? I haven't watched any but that's bold.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Trey Adams before Connor Williams? I haven't watched any but that's bold.
thats just going off of what ive seen in rankings and mocks etc.

i havent watched either of them myself, but im seeing connor williams mid first usually with adams going top 10. the only top tier OT iv watched so far is mcglinchey who i would consider a top 10 talent easily, so if adams is consistently mocked ahead of him ill give the benefit of the doubt until i get around to watching him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
thats just going off of what ive seen in rankings and mocks etc.

i havent watched either of them myself, but im seeing connor williams mid first usually with adams going top 10. the only top tier OT iv watched so far is mcglinchey who i would consider a top 10 talent easily, so if adams is consistently mocked ahead of him ill give the benefit of the doubt until i get around to watching him
It's way too early to know when these players will be drafted, as you know, but there is always someone that comes out of left field to get drafted early.