• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2017 College Football Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cant tell whose been more impressive so far this year. Bama or Clemson? Either way looks like they will make it 3 years in a row

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Very hard to tell but both teams look on another level from the rest of college ball so far.
Its crazy. Its not even close. Their defensive fronts are just so dominant. If you have any weekness on your oline your screwed.

Only team who can match them with overall talent on defense might be Goergia. But i cant say for sure that theyve played a good team yet.

Same could be said for Bama considering how bad FSU has looked.

At this point in college football. I cant see the final 4 other than Bama and Clemson. I think Oklahoma drops a game or 2 vs either Texas, Oklahoma st, and TCU. Which could give TCU a shot to make it

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Watched a pick and couldn't be bothered to fight for a ball/tackle/put his arm on CB/anything even though he wasn't farther than a yard from him. Just completely gave up on the play.
That should be an immediate bench right there. Completely disgraceful.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Looks like Bama might have lost Da'Shawn Hand for extended period to left leg injury. That's the last thing they needed with few defensive front players already injured.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Looks like Bama might have lost Da'Shawn Hand for extended period to left leg injury. That's the last thing they needed with few defensive front players already injured.
Is Harbaughs voodoo doll extending to college....Alabama....

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ouch that one hurts. They should still be fine until the college football playoff. If they have to face Penn st without him i might be worried especially if Saquon Barkley can get to the second level of the defense.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ouch that one hurts. They should still be fine until the college football playoff. If they have to face Penn st without him i might be worried especially if Saquon Barkley can get to the second level of the defense.
According to Saban, it's an MCL strain, not sprain. Will be few weeks.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Damien Harris 75y TD run. That's his second or third long one this year. Last season he got caught from the back every time when he breaks, now defenders can't touch him.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damien Harris 75y TD run. That's his second or third long one this year. Last season he got caught from the back every time when he breaks, now defenders can't touch him.
Last year adoree jackson caught him. Im ok with that happening. He looks to have 4.5 speed which is plenty enough for an RB

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Pretty good win for Alabama considering all the injuries and how well A&M played on D. Hope Ridley isn't hurt badly and doesn't miss much time.