• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2017 College Football Thread

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
There's probably 2-3 qbs going top 5 and I'm guessing Barkley as well. I don't think mincah is gonna be the top valued non-qb after Barkley. I'd bet trey Adams, Arden key, and possibly Derwin James go ahead of mincah. Not that they deserve to, mincah would be my first choice after Barkley/Adams/mcglinchey.
Matt Miller has Arden Key as his top rated player in the draft currently and I know he loves Christian Wilkins and the other edge rusher for Clemon a ton, too.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Matt Miller has Arden Key as his top rated player in the draft currently and I know he loves Christian Wilkins and the other edge rusher for Clemon a ton, too.
Yeah I think key is highly overrated, reminds me of randy Gregory a lot but I think he ends up going very early. but I DO alike Christian Wilkins a lot, he is a destructive force, in big on Bradley Chubb too.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
"Calvin Ridley moved into a tie with Pro Football Hall of Famer Ozzie Newsome for fourth on Alabama's career list with his 16th touchdown catch. He also went over 2,000 yards in his career. He had three catches for 92 yards, all in the first half."

I don't like Alabama DL/pass rush this year. It was always going to be a big drop off considering who they lost from last season but add couple injuries and it isn't looking like Tide front. They might be in trouble this season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Adam Schefter is reporting that both Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen may return to their colleges for 2018 instead of turning pro and entering the 2018 Draft.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sam-darnold-josh-rosen-skip-draft-adam-schefter-2017-9

I'd always had that feeling Darnold would stay back another year for his degree so it will be interesting to see what decison he makes. That terrible UCLA defense must have Rosen itching to get out so another QB can deal with shootouts against other teams.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Adam Schefter is reporting that both Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen may return to their colleges for 2018 instead of turning pro and entering the 2018 Draft.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sam-darnold-josh-rosen-skip-draft-adam-schefter-2017-9

I'd always had that feeling Darnold would stay back another year for his degree so it will be interesting to see what decison he makes. That terrible UCLA defense must have Rosen itching to get out so another QB can deal with shootouts against other teams.

It would be a classic jets/browns move that the best qb class essentially decided to skip them out

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I'll believe it when the season is over.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That was pretty awesome by Alabama. Even twos, threes and fours, mostly freshmen, absolutely dominated team full of seniors and juniors that beat top 20 ranked team last week. I don't think I ever watched a football game where literally everything worked.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Interesting bit of stats:

After first 4 games of the season, Alabama has 765 rushing yards before contact. 92 FBS teams don't have as many total rushing yards.

Talk about decent O line.

K-Dog

MVP
So Towson ( ? ) lost their second QB.
I know NOTHING about college football. Can they recruit a QB from another school ?

Tank

Hall of Famer
So Towson ( ? ) lost their second QB.
I know NOTHING about college football. Can they recruit a QB from another school ?

Think you are talking about Maryland. Yes, they lost 2QBs in 3 weeks. They have another guy on the roster already playing.
A couple of years ago they lost 4 QBs during the season(yes, FOUR QBs). A linebacker on the team ended up playing QB.