• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Discussion (Other Teams)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now that I've seen most of the defenses play, I can safely say that Baltimore was the best defense on display in week 1 followed closely by Jacksonville.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dalvin Cook broke AP's Rookie Record for the Vikings for most rushing yards in the opening game. Cook had 127 yards, and AP rushed for 107 yards back in 2007.
Yep and he is really good! I so badly wanted us to get him but hey it is what it is.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to start making some exceptions based on talent like we did Jimmy Smith. He turned out fine didn't he?
Cook had a lot more problems than just weed. He had a laundry list of issues. Plus word is he hangs out with the wrong crowd. We take chances (tim williams) but not often with the 1st round

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Is it me or does it seem like the league is moving back to the defensive league that it was in the late 90's early 2000's? It's like teams have figured out how to play defense in this new era where every rule went against the defense.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Boy is Trevor Siemian proving me wrong, I thought for sure the Broncos would be near the bottom of the league because I didn't think Trevor was good enough to carry the offense yet Trevor is doing enough for Denver to win the game with the defense holding the Chargers offense in check.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This lady commentator and Rex Ryan are both mighty irritating! Rex just go home you suck.

Rex doesn't need to be a HC but if some team can take him as a DC next year, while some team takes Gruden as a HC then MNF can be watched with the sound on.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Is it me or does it seem like the league is moving back to the defensive league that it was in the late 90's early 2000's? It's like teams have figured out how to play defense in this new era where every rule went against the defense.

The jury is still out as it's only one week into the season. But speaking of defense, the Saints either don't know how to draft and/or develop defensive players for shit.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That's a Wrap! Broncos win on a blocked Field Goal and we are on to Week 2 Thursday Night as the Bengals host the Houston Texans where Deshaun Watson will make his first NFL start. My Week 2 Preview coming Tomorrow or Wed Morning.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
That's a Wrap! Broncos win on a blocked Field Goal and we are on to Week 2 Thursday Night as the Bengals host the Houston Texans where Deshaun Watson will make his first NFL start. My Week 2 Preview coming Tomorrow or Wed Morning.

Definitely could see an 0-2 start for the Bengals. I wanna see what Watson can do with an entire game and against the Cincinnati front.

Tough game for Pitt too, against Minnesota.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Definitely could see an 0-2 start for the Bengals. I wanna see what Watson can do with an entire game and against the Cincinnati front.

Tough game for Pitt too, against Minnesota.

I think both lose this week, Texans beat the Bengals and Vikings beat the Steelers. Though I'm not fairly confident after last night that the Saints defense will contain an angry Tom Brady coming off a loss.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I think both lose this week, Texans beat the Bengals and Vikings beat the Steelers. Though I'm not fairly confident after last night that the Saints defense will contain an angry Tom Brady coming off a loss.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the Saints. I thought their defense had improved, but it didn't look so great. With that defense, it could be a nice scoring affair. Maybe they're rusty? Hopefully. I guess it'll come down to the defense because I've seen both sides, you don't want an angry Drew Brees/Tom Brady.

It'll be interesting if they include Peterson a bit more after that small "discussion" last week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep and he is really good! I so badly wanted us to get him but hey it is what it is.

We couldnt draft him cause of all his off feild issues

We need to start making some exceptions based on talent like we did Jimmy Smith. He turned out fine didn't he?

Cook had a lot more problems than just weed. He had a laundry list of issues. Plus word is he hangs out with the wrong crowd. We take chances (tim williams) but not often with the 1st round

wasn't it rumoured that if the teams ahead of us hadnt taken dalvin cook that he was one of the guys we were targeting in the 2nd round... it made sense for us not to take him in the 1st round but i dont think we wouldnt have taken him in the 2nd if he fell to us...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
wasn't it rumoured that if the teams ahead of us hadnt taken dalvin cook that he was one of the guys we were targeting in the 2nd round... it made sense for us not to take him in the 1st round but i dont think we wouldnt have taken him in the 2nd if he fell to us...
I honestly believe he was taken off our board. Especially with us drafting Bowser. But that may just be me