• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Discussion (Other Teams)

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Would it be worth it though if it's 3-4 weeks? Plus with that defense they may as well trade for Rodgers and it wouldn't help much.
I don't think it's worth it. They've already made a commitment in a pretty heavy way to trade for Brissett. Should ride it out for better or for worse.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I know it's only week one but it seems like there is a lot of low scoring games compared to high scoring games. Must be pissing off Goodell after all these rules he implemented and teams finally figured out how to play good defense under them.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
So Chris Collinsworth was expecting Evan Engram - a rookie TE - to have a big impact on his NFL debut.

That's about right.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm quite surprised by the Cowboys defense to hold the Giants offense to 0 for the whole first half.

Jaylon Smith is looking good out there.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does TJ Watt appear noticeably thicker when compared with how he appeared at Wisconsin?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Cowboys are going to win this one. Cowboys and Eagles will both be 1-0 and they play each other Week 17 meaning a potential SNF Flex for the final week could be another NFC East game. Hopefully either Dallas or Philly wrap up the division before week 17 because you know if the division is on the line, that's automatically the Sunday Night Game.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Looks like the Cowboys are going to win this one. Cowboys and Eagles will both be 1-0 and they play each other Week 17 meaning a potential SNF Flex for the final week could be another NFC East game. Hopefully either Dallas or Philly wrap up the division before week 17 because you know if the division is on the line, that's automatically the Sunday Night Game.
I think it's a little early to be predicting the division based on week one. That'd be like saying the Patriots need to start looking at which QB they want to take with their top 10 draft pick.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So the Giants signed WR Brandon Marshall right???? First time since 2006 that he has not caught at least ball in a NFL game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Or any NFC East game for that matter.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Does TJ Watt appear noticeably thicker when compared with how he appeared at Wisconsin?
He was massively improved in all areas as early as the combine. He returned from various injuries his last year at Wisconsin and looked low on strength and explosion, which is why he was being touted as a late first early second guy, but after seeing his combine I was convinced that he got on a NFL training regimen and found his explosion and size, that was why I was all about taking him in the first.

Watt is looking like an obvious DROY and I am not the least bit surprised.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was massively improved in all areas as early as the combine. He returned from various injuries his last year at Wisconsin and looked low on strength and explosion, which is why he was being touted as a late first early second guy, but after seeing his combine I was convinced that he got on a NFL training regimen and found his explosion and size, that was why I was all about taking him in the first.

Watt is looking like an obvious DROY and I am not the least bit surprised.
Here come all the pre draft Watt guys to say I told you so. ^_^

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I don't doubt that Watt is a great player, I was actually one of few who dared to mock him to us in the first, but honestly his stats are skewed here. His two sacks are coverage sacks where Kizer just hokds on for too long and comes into his lap and the INT is even worse, I'm still trying to figure out who Kizer was targeting? Anyway, he's on his way to DPOY but I think it's coming way too easily.