• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The WR Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's the thoughts on Cedric Wilson. Late round steal in my eyes?
He's not going in the late rounds. The absolute latest he'll be available is in the early fourth, but it's more likely he goes in the early third. I think he could be really productive in the NFL. I see him as a solid WR2, or top tier WR3 if he goes to an offense that's already stacked, that'll have occasional flashes of greatest. I'd put him in the same tier as guys like Davante Adams and Nelson Agholor.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's the thoughts on Cedric Wilson. Late round steal in my eyes?
Keep seeing him mocked anywhere from the fourth to the sixth. That strikes me as a ridiculous. Hes one of my favorite receivers in the draft and I'd say Cedrick Wilson in the fourth would be great value.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Played a school flag football tourney and dominated and scored almost every td at slot wr... where am I ranking and projected? I’m 6 feet 165 play lacrosse and I’m white does this mean I’m going to the evil empire?

Then again running a slant 20 times in a row against man to man isn’t that hard

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Javon Wims looks like a slightly better version of Snead. Both run pretty good routes, both pretty much always make the catch, but neither have any after the catch ability whatsoever.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Javon Wims looks like a slightly better version of Snead. Both run pretty good routes, both pretty much always make the catch, but neither have any after the catch ability whatsoever.
wims' game is nothing like sneads. wims' is a gritty, contested/traffic catcher who will make the necessary adjustment to haul in a difficult clutch catch, he has next to no quality route game, hes extremely raw and lacks explosion but he can catch the damn ball, he has the most natural and clutch hands in the class. thats something that can be built on. you cant teach hands, you can teach routes.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Daurice Fountain leapt 42.5 inches vertically and 11'2 so far as his broad jump at his pro day March 26. This places him first among wide receivers in both categories,( a full 2.5 inches higher in the vertical jump).
4.46 40 time. He is 6'1 and weighed in at 210lbs.
I probably should check him out. The ravens have had him in.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Daurice Fountain leapt 42.5 inches vertically and 11'2 so far as his broad jump at his pro day March 26. This places him first among wide receivers in both categories,( a full 2.5 inches higher in the vertical jump).
4.46 40 time. He is 6'1 and weighed in at 210lbs.
I probably should check him out. The ravens have had him in.
Holy shit that’s impressive

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
No doubt. I have to make a point of watching him
From what I’ve watched/read he’s really athletic but extremely raw...so basically he might end up being a good receiver but not if we draft him.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
From what I’ve watched/read he’s really athletic but extremely raw...so basically he might end up being a good receiver but not if we draft him.

He tore up the East/West shrine game and now I'm worried he'll go more earlier than expected. Would also immediately step in as KR/PR from day 1 imo.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched him a little bit, doesn't seem to create much separation from DBs. Pro corners are going to eat him.
Yeah. I just watched him. not good...raw,raw route runner...not especially good hands and a bit of a body catcher. Does not consistently get separation and he ought to be dominating against the guys they have covering him...looks like a project UDFA or 7th round guy to me.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched him a little bit, doesn't seem to create much separation from DBs. Pro corners are going to eat him.

Yeah. I just watched him. not good...raw,raw route runner...not especially good hands and a bit of a body catcher. Does not consistently get separation and he ought to be dominating against the guys they have covering him...looks like a project UDFA or 7th round guy to me.
His lack of seperation is not from lacking explosiveness though. Route running is something that can be improved. He’s not going to come in and light the league on fire. He is a a late round project, but he’s got all the tools to succeed.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
He tore up the East/West shrine game and now I'm worried he'll go more earlier than expected. Would also immediately step in as KR/PR from day 1 imo.
He will probably go mid day 3 just based on athleticism. But as we’ve seen, being a freak athlete doesnt equal a good football player. So we will see.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I disagree when it comes to his hands. I think he's got really good hands from what I've seen. He definitely needs to learn routes, but if you get the ball tohim he will catch it, even in traffic.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing i do really like about Michael Gallup is his willingness to go across the middle and make a contested catch while taking a hit. Not many people will do that for their teams. Would like to see him fight for underthrows more often but i like how hes physical at the catch point. His routes are really good and his slant route seems to be undefeated in college lol. Also a very consistent hands catcher.

I used to be harsh on him but i feel like its cause i cant get over his stance. His feet are always criss crossed.....it just bugs me