• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Jacksonville

Tru11

Practice Squad
i really wish id gone now - it looked like a really cool event but i was working this afternoon and literally passed out the moment i got home

That place was lit.

Got myself a ravens t-shirt :D

awesome seeing ray pitta and JO.

highlight of the weekend as the game was shit.

awesome meeting ravens fans from all over the US.

greet experience although i rather had a better experience for my first nfl game as a ravens fan :(

Sooky

Pro Bowler
The two games I have attended as a Ravens fan, both the team lost. The first was in Denver when Manning dropped 7 touchdowns the game right after the super bowl and the defense looked like swiss cheese. The second was against the Arizona Cardinals in 2015 the season the team sucked. The Ravens ultimately brought it within 8 points and were in the red zone and I believe it was picked off because Gillmore couldn't get to a good throw from Joe.

Even that Denver game when the Ravens got slaughtered I had a good time. It was amazing to see how many Ravens fans either traveled or attended the game clear out in Colorado. Would it have been better if the Ravens won? Of course. But being in the game with the atmosphere is unlike anything else if you love football.

Btw Denver fans are the most rude fans you will meet. Cardinal fans are the nicest you'll meet.

K-Dog

MVP
The two games I have attended as a Ravens fan, both the team lost. The first was in Denver when Manning dropped 7 touchdowns the game right after the super bowl and the defense looked like swiss cheese. The second was against the Arizona Cardinals in 2015 the season the team sucked. The Ravens ultimately brought it within 8 points and were in the red zone and I believe it was picked off because Gillmore couldn't get to a good throw from Joe.

Even that Denver game when the Ravens got slaughtered I had a good time. It was amazing to see how many Ravens fans either traveled or attended the game clear out in Colorado. Would it have been better if the Ravens won? Of course. But being in the game with the atmosphere is unlike anything else if you love football.

Btw Denver fans are the most rude fans you will meet. Cardinal fans are the nicest you'll meet.

Try Pats fans...

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’ll tell them to stop letting you into the building now. You’ve clearly cursed us every time you go to a game lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

I live in Denver. Broncos fans aren't too bad. I'll never make sure to let you in.

Elways is one of my favorite restaurants *runs*

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Must have just been the game then lmao or maybe I am just annoyed living around a bunch of them here in Utah z.z
Likely the Peyton Manning band wagoners. They're not as bad as Brady or Lebron band wagoners but they still exist. Normal bronco fans are pretty cool

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Likely the Peyton Manning band wagoners. They're not as bad as Brady or Lebron band wagoners but they still exist. Normal bronco fans are pretty cool
They were and I guess you can say that about a lot of fans in a lot of fan bases. If they only know the 1 or 2 superstars on the team and don't follow the other teams they can be rude. I think people are more humble when they look around the league at the entire roster of other teams and learn the traits all the players have.

Not many true fans here. Probably because the Broncos are the closest team until the Raiders move to Las Vegas. So all most people know are the superstars on their team they tune into once or twice a year.

Probably a lot more humble now after Manning left and their QB situation has been a little murky.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I went to the Steelers game last year in Baltimore and sat near some Steelers fans. Steelers fans were minding their own business and this old white lady who's a Ravens fan starts yelling at the Steelers fans and telling them she'd kick their ass because she's from Baltimore and she's a bad bitch. And then the guys beside me could not find anything pleasant to say about the team.

Made me hate the fans for a day.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I went to the Steelers game last year in Baltimore and sat near some Steelers fans. Steelers fans were minding their own business and this old white lady who's a Ravens fan starts yelling at the Steelers fans and telling them she'd kick their ass because she's from Baltimore and she's a bad bitch. And then the guys beside me could not find anything pleasant to say about the team.

Ugh, I hate fans like that.

There's bad seeds in every fan base. I've only been to one game out here in Cali, when Carr came back to beat us a few years ago, while there not once did I have a single fan act out in a ridiculous way. Alot of friendly shit talking tho. I was actually surprised since everyone told me not to go because Raider fans were the worst. Just depends on who sits in your vicinity imo

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
There's bad seeds in every fan base. I've only been to one game out here in Cali, when Carr came back to beat us a few years ago, while there not once did I have a single fan act out in a ridiculous way. Alot of friendly shit talking tho. I was actually surprised since everyone told me not to go because Raider fans were the worst. Just depends on who sits in your vicinity imo
I have to ask where you sat in that game. 100% not trying to discriminate but upper decks in Oakland can be a scary thing. In general the farther back you go in a game the more likely you are to encounter drunk assholes. Living in La, I have been in 30 different sections of dodgers stadium. Two weeks ago I sat in the 2nd farthest row in the farthest section on right field. I ended the game inside the box, as I had a friend who snuck me in. Huge difference lol. Oakland fans generally scare the shit out of me, as that area in general is not a place you want to be after dark. Like you said though, good and bad in every fan base.

I was actually like 4 rows behind the Ravens bench at about the 40 yard line. Maybe that was why but there was nothing but Raider fans in sight and plenty of Drunk ones. Walking out of that stadium was something I'll never forget tho. It seemed as if every Raider fan in there was yelling "Raaaaaaiders, Raaaaaaiders" as if they had just won the super bowl. All in all, I had a great experience there besides the outcome of the game however! Definitely cannot wait to make the trip to Baltimore and experience it there with the Flock!

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I've lived in Pittsburgh for a couple years now, but aside from Preseason games, the only Steelers or Ravens game I have ever gone to was the 2014/15 Wildcard Game. My friend (Steelers fan) wanted to go and bought me a ticket so he could stay at my apartment. I wore a Ray Lewis jersey around the city all day. Most people absolutely loved it- it was crazy. I went to a couple bars near Heinz before the game and people were buying me drinks and taking photos with me- it was a great time. There were definitely some assholes out there, but for the most part Steeler fans were happy to see a Raven fan that they could talk to.

Then that game started and things went down hill fast. By the time the fourth quarter rolled around Steelers fans were screaming, cussing, throwing food and beer at the Ravens fans in my section (Honestly a lot of them were being assholes and deserved it- I'm personally not a loud, vocal fan during games, but the dude next to me in the Pollard jersey definitely was). One dude tried to lunge at a Ravens fan after the Gillmore TD, but caught his foot on a seat and fell and got stuck in the aisle (he was fine, it was hilarious though).

It was definitely a worthwhile experience, but I wore my jersey under my jacket out of the stadium- wasn't looking for a Yuengling shower on my way out. Not sure I'd brave the freezing temperatures again when I can sit in a warm house and drink cheap beer instead while actually seeing what's happening on the field.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Post game fan interviews on wjz make me hate the fans more than anything. Makes me hate being from Baltimore in general.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Denver fans ARE bad, they chant "in-com-plete" in unison on every incompletion. Fuck them.

I live here dude. Trust me. They ain't that bad.

Broncos fans are loud and have one of the longest sellout streaks in the league. I don't care if they yell in com plete on all of the incomplete passes. Denver is one tough place to play and the fans are a big part of it.