• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Jacksonville

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I really think people are overrating Jacksonville's DL. Yeah, they got 10 sacks in week 1, but they played the Texans, whose only good lineman is Duane Brown (currently holding out). The Titans only let up one sack against them. The Ravens OL is definitely not as good as the Titans, but it is far, far better than Houston's- even without Yanda. Will there be a couple sacks for Jacksonville? Probably, but their D has given up the 29th most rushing yards in the NFL while Baltimore has gained the 5th most. On paper (key words), this should be a long game for Jacksonville.
Its about matchups and their defense match up very well with our O. Hopefully we get the best of them

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Hey all, @Lost_In_Translation and I just posted our Week 3 preview for the upcoming game.

As a side note, if you enjoy seeing our previews, they will always be posted every Friday at some point in the morning or afternoon depending on when I get off of work.

We're both expecting a pretty ugly win, but a win nonetheless.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nice for you to come to these boards. Ready to remind Mili that our offense is PRIMED to break out this week?

Aww damn! C'mon Dom, you're hurting me with this stuff man. :brickwall:

I already saw that weak ass; "break out" term being used in 2 articles on BR.com....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-Coming/74ebe6f6-91c0-46f6-9ec3-fb87bf8722424
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...leveland/e2964a55-d636-42c0-a309-04fcbfe27632

A player having one....get that....one....good game doesn't mean that they had a "break out" imo. A player like Buck and Watson may show up big in one game and then disappear in the next game afterwards. So, let's just hold off on all of that "break out" B.S. talk and see what Buck and Watson do against the Jags in London and then against the Steelers in back to back games. :mad:

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Aww damn! C'mon Dom, you're hurting me with this stuff man. :brickwall:

I already saw that weak ass; "break out" term being used in 2 articles on BR.com....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-Coming/74ebe6f6-91c0-46f6-9ec3-fb87bf8722424
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...leveland/e2964a55-d636-42c0-a309-04fcbfe27632

A player having one....get that....one....good game doesn't mean that they had a "break out" imo. A player like Buck and Watson may show up big in one game and then disappear in the next game afterwards. So, let's just hold off on all of that "break out" B.S. talk and see what Buck and Watson do against the Jags in London and then against the Steelers in back to back games. :mad:
You mean the Cleveland and Dolphins games last season weren't break out games for our offense.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You mean the Cleveland and Dolphins games last season weren't break out games for our offense.

That depends on what YOU consider to be a so-called; "break out" @RavensMania. That's not a term I use whatsoever just because a player had a good game. And..we're talking about THIS season NOT that stuff in the past.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
So the breakout game is @Militant X 1 trigger... I'm not here for that breakout non sense, but this is the season Flacco takes the next step. Rashad Melvin becomes a lock down corner and Elam leads the league in tackles.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So the breakout game is @Militant X 1 trigger... I'm not here for that breakout non sense, but this is the season Flacco takes the next step. Rashad Melvin becomes a lock down corner and Elam leads the league in tackles.

The term; "break out" is used so much that it pisses me off big time @redrum52. I just get so sick of hearing it on br.com. Mainly, because the so-called, "breakout" game for a player....was just ONE game! And oftentimes, as soon as cats start all of that "breakout" talk....the very next game or 2 or 3....that same player disappears.

Where is the consistency? Consistency is the key to the breakthrough or "breakout"....NOT.....one damn game! Let's see "IF" both Buck and Watson can have a repeat performance of what they did against the brownies last week against the Jaguars on Sunday AND the week after that against the Steelers BEFORE we start of all that "breakout" b.s. And then, let's see if we have a Wallace and Perriman sighting as well.

Harbs will have a breakout press conference and start answering questions without beating around the bush

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I really think people are overrating Jacksonville's DL. Yeah, they got 10 sacks in week 1, but they played the Texans, whose only good lineman is Duane Brown (currently holding out). The Titans only let up one sack against them. The Ravens OL is definitely not as good as the Titans, but it is far, far better than Houston's- even without Yanda. Will there be a couple sacks for Jacksonville? Probably, but their D has given up the 29th most rushing yards in the NFL while Baltimore has gained the 5th most. On paper (key words), this should be a long game for Jacksonville.
Tennessee is in the running for best OL in the league.

And Dante fowler, yannick ngakoue, Calais Campbell, malik Jackson, Myles jack, Paul posluszny, and telvin smith, is nothing short of an elite front seven, maybe they haven't found their consistency yet, but one up and one down performance makes it way too early to predict a long game for them.

On paper they have the clear advantage there, I don't think anyone is overrating their front, they are very dangerous and we should be worried about them totally wrecking any game plan we have on offense.

Now our defense vs their offense? I'll take us all day, no question. This game could look like the bengals vs the bengals the way these weak offenses are facing excellent defenses