• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Baltimore Orioles Discussion (2017 Season)

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I like your optimism but...we don't have what it takes to make it through the playoffs and or even get close to a World Series. The rotation just isn't strong enough. Yes, Ubaldo is a loss almost every fifth game (yesterday was painful) but we are counting on Bundy and Gausman big time. Gausman has not shown that he can take it to the next level. Bundy has been great, but there are questions about his durability. Miley is throwing way too many pitches and Tillman is coming off an injury. Still think he can be good, but that isn't enough.

When your starters consistently get knocked out of the game in the 4th and 5th innings, your relief pitching will suffer. And that is exactly what we are seeing. They are already taxed. Yes, Britton being out is huge, but this would still happen with him healthy, it would just take longer. No matter how good your bullpen, if they are overused they will lose their effectiveness. I expected to see this after the All-Star break, not in May. So disappointing.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

And now that Bundy goes 7 innings, our offense dies. :(

That is why it is so important to win the games where you have a big lead. You are going go up against some great pitching and lose pitching duels. Those aren't nearly as difficult to take as blowing it big time.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

So on the road to play the best team in baseball for three games. Let's go and get back on track!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Orioles have lost 11 of their last 14 games. That's a win percentage of a little over 20%. If they lost tonight, it'll be 20% over their last 15.

Talk about no bats to speak of.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I don't know how we go from 11 games over .500 leading the division to this? What the heck is going on?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I went to the game today and it was pretty fun to see Bundy pitch. I was kind of surprised how many New York fans there were. When Judge hit his home run, almost half of the stadium started cheering.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
I went to the game today and it was pretty fun to see Bundy pitch. I was kind of surprised how many New York fans there were. When Judge hit his home run, almost half of the stadium started cheering.
hasnt it been like that for a long time?
usually sox and yankee fans over take the yard.
very close to 50/50 imo

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
hasnt it been like that for a long time?
usually sox and yankee fans over take the yard.
very close to 50/50 imo
I haven't been to an Orioles vs. sox/yankee game in a long time, so I guess I had forgotten. The yankee fans around me were cheering loudly when Judge came to bat in the 9th. It was a special moment when Brach struck him out.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Tillman is still recovering from his injury. 5 runs in 3 innings isn't exactly what I want to see from him.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I wonder if Tillman is still recovering from his injury. 5 runs in 3 innings isn't exactly what I want to see from him.

He was horrible in all his rehab starts, velocity is down. I think he is still hurt, but who knows, maybe is just bad like most the rest of the rotation these days.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I went away when the score was 0-0 and I come back to my computer and see that the O's are winning 7-1. I was not expecting that.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Dear Wade Miley,

Could you please pitch more than 5 innings and beat the *#$%@#* Red Sox???

Thank you.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
How did Miley look today? I'm assuming he was good if he threw 30 pitches in the 2nd and was still able to go 7 innings and only give up 1 run.