• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Baltimore Orioles Discussion (2017 Season)

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Militant X 1 :mad:

If you weren't a Ravens fan I would be more upset right now.

Imagine what Steve would say if he knew that a Ravens fan was also a Yankees fan.

@SepticeyePoe

Well, I am a Ravens fan through and through but an Orioles fan as well? Hell to the No! I support only 1 bird from Baltimore.

Although I live in VA; I'm a native New Yorker my man! My allegiance will ALWAYS be to my Bronx Bombers! So, there's no need to be upset with me. All anger from you O's boys need to be channeled and directed at your team that got swept and skull dragged by my Yankees in embarrassing fashion. :brickwall:

Good luck to you guys going forward. :D

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
@SepticeyePoe

Well, I am a Ravens fan through and through but an Orioles fan as well? Hell to the No! I support only 1 bird from Baltimore.

Although I live in VA; I'm a native New Yorker my man! My allegiance will ALWAYS be to my Bronx Bombers! So, there's no need to be upset with me. All anger from you O's boys need to be channeled and directed at your team that got swept and skull dragged by my Yankees in embarrassing fashion. :brickwall:

Well, I can repect that you're loyal to your team. But as long as the Yankees are in 1st, I have no choice but to root against them. :D

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, I can respect that you're loyal to your team. But as long as the Yankees are in 1st, I have no choice but to root against them. :D

Of course you do! With that being said; now you can understand why "I had" to post about my Yankees skull dragging your O's in this thread! :D

Tank

Hall of Famer
@SepticeyePoe

Hey Mili, just curious.........why aren't you a Giants or Jets fan?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey Mili, just curious.........why aren't you a Giants or Jets fan?

@Tank

I like the Giants but I've never been sold on them per se. Of course, being a native New Yorker (now living in VA), I rejoiced like the rest of New York when they won their Championships. I still pull for them and like seeing them do well accept when they have to play against the Ravens. As a Ravens fan, my heart was torn when we had to face the Giants for our 1st Super Bowl win. That one was bitter sweet for me man.

As a kid, I use to live down the street from Hofstra University where the Jets would practice. My friends and I would always go there to watch them and to get the gear from the players when they were done. But, c'mon now-they are the J.E.T.S., nothing really spectacular about that team. I'm the same way when it comes to the Knicks and the Mets.
I never really been a Knicks fan per se but again, rejoiced whenever they played well like in the Patrick Ewing era. Mets? Naw!

But when it comes to the YANKEES? Oh man! I was born and raised a YANKEES fan! The "PINSTRIPES" are in my blood!

I'm only a Ravens fan today because of one player-RAYMOND ANTHONY LEWIS! I just connected with that cat like no other!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I truly hope they sell high on Miley and possibly Brach and just chalk this season up as a loss.

Crappy pitching, bullpen, and batting. Just a lost season, if you ask me.
I don't know if we'll be able to sell high on Miley any more, but I'm starting to think that maybe this is a lost season.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't know if we'll be able to sell high on Miley any more, but I'm starting to think that maybe this is a lost season.
Apparently they got a real steal with their first round pick last night to beef up the farm system. Should come in day one and be the top pitching prospect, so we'll see.

I'd just focus on restocking that farm system.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Apparently they got a real steal with their first round pick last night to beef up the farm system. Should come in day one and be the top pitching prospect, so we'll see.

I'd just focus on restocking that farm system.
Yeah, DL Hall is supposed to be good. Hopefully he won't have to go on the DL anytime soon.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Just heard on the radio, starter's ERA last 5 games 15.58.

I was worried about our starting pitching before the season started but this is just beyond disappointing. Crashing in early June? I feel like I am in a nightmare. And now Chris Davis is hurt. :(

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Of course you do! With that being said; now you can understand why "I had" to post about my Yankees skull dragging your O's in this thread! :D

Militant, you seem like a reasonable guy. How about a straight up trade Ubaldo Jimenez for Aaron Judge? :p

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I hear you Magic. :D

Judge has been beasting for us lately. It's been amazing to see but we'll hold on to him.
:p

You have heard of the sophomore slump though, right? I wouldn't want you to have to go through all of that next season, so I am willing to take him off your hands. :D

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Are the O's taking Jones out because it's a blowout, or is he hurt? (I don't have MASN, just Gameday)
Edit: I'm assuming it's just because it's a blowout. They're replacing other guys now.

Side note: I don't like being negative, but I'm worried that the team hasn't turned things around yet. Maybe they start tomorrow. :(

Last edited: