• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Kansas City Chiefs @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
i honestly dont think patrick mahomes has had to do much within the confines of the play tbh

if his 1st read isnt there he just buys some extra time and waits for someone to uncover

literally the way to stop mahomes is to take away the 1st read and keep him in the confines of the pocket and collapse it - that's how the 49ers slowed him down in the superbowl and that's how the chargers did it last week

you need to be able to crush the pocket while holding contain

I agree but we don’t have the players to do this

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just like we were supposed to beat the Titans?
Well that doesn't mean they won't ever beat a playoff team. It means they just didn't beat the Titans.
Each individual game is different.

We have people claiming we never win "big games" in primetime. And then I point them to the Pats Sunday night game last year, and everybody is like "o that doesn't count". Sure it doesn't.

I think the key thing to remember is... there is a middle ground between 16-0 and pretender. You CAN get blown out and still be a contender.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well that doesn't mean they won't ever beat a playoff team. It means they just didn't beat the Titans.
Each individual game is different.

We have people claiming we never win "big games" in primetime. And then I point them to the Pats Sunday night game last year, and everybody is like "o that doesn't count". Sure it doesn't.

I think the key thing to remember is... there is a middle ground between 16-0 and pretender. You CAN get blown out and still be a contender.
I agree wholeheartedly. Just super frustrated. We’re screwed if we do run into the Chiefs in the playoffs though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i honestly kind of want us to use the rest of this game to try and hone this passing game - forget the win for a minute because ultimately this win is not as important as what happens in 14 weeks time - it will be better for us in the long-term if we can find some passing game synchronicity when the other team knows that's what we're doing

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i honestly dont think patrick mahomes has had to do much within the confines of the play tbh

if his 1st read isnt there he just buys some extra time and waits for someone to uncover

literally the way to stop mahomes is to take away the 1st read and keep him in the confines of the pocket and collapse it - that's how the 49ers slowed him down in the superbowl and that's how the chargers did it last week

you need to be able to crush the pocket while holding contain
That's what's called an interior pass rush. We haven't seen that in Baltimore in many, many, many years.

I wonder if Harbaugh is considering forfeiting the rest of the game . He has certainly been out coached .
One of the most embarrassing halfs of football in Ravens history ,
After this loss, Harbs will probably think about things they need to imrpove upon.
I don't know how long you've been rooting for the Ravens, but back in 2015 they won a total of 5 games... on the year. In their London game against Jacksonville they gained about one first down in three quarters of the game and were down 20-0 at half time.The first game after the SB, Peyton Manning scored 7 touchdowns on them.This is embarrassing but I've seen worse. Of course, the second half remains to be seen.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree wholeheartedly. Just super frustrated. We’re screwed if we do run into the Chiefs in the playoffs though
I mean... maybe. It just implies that all teams play the same every week.

Ben threw like 6 TDs against us in Pittsburgh in 2014. Two months later, we dominated them in the same building.

Same teams, same players. In fact we had a weaker roster at that point.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's what's called an interior pass rush. We haven't seen that in Baltimore in many, many, many years.

that's what i really am hoping for in madubuike - that's what i saw in him pre-draft and i wish he was healthy to go in this game just to see if he can offer anything

he's got incredible quickness for a defensive tackle and i want to see what it does for this defence

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
i am curious what it'd be like if we switched qbs. I think lamar'd light us up w/ andy reid calling plays

Status
Not open for further replies.