• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Andy Reid, The Coaching and The Everything Else

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown was open at least twice for 2 huge plays and Lamar missed him. Those could have been game changing plays as well. When we get like this it’s as if he starts to try too hard. He needs to lose alittle more lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
then give Dobbins a chance at 1 and Gus 2
I'd like to see them earn a chance, rather than be given it. Like they're playing well, but I don't know that I'd be trusting Dobbins with 15-20 carries in a big game at this point.
Especially true in pass protection, where Ingram is usually pretty good.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll get over last night's game in a few hours but as of now; every time I think about it:

60QPKnw.gif

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
not sure hurst helps this offence at all and dobbins is clearly already a more dynamic weapon than hurst in his young career
When Andrews gets hurt and he is already acting injured , we will regret the Hurst trade. I agree Dobbins will be the better player by quite a bit.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When Andrews gets hurt and he is already acting injured , we will regret the Hurst trade. I agree Dobbins will be the better player by quite a bit.

except Hurst did nothing when andrews was injured last time

and he's got 9 catches despite being on the Falcons crazy efficient offence as the number 1 TE and with Julio Jones not really putting up much production either through 3 weeks

he was a complementary piece but he's not someone who would meaningfully replace andrews when/if andrews is down

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ken's Week 3 defensive notes are up. Obviously, it wasn't a good day.

Specifically called out Queen and Peters for having poor games.

Peters, who I pointed out several times through the night, had what was pretty universally regarded as his worst game in a Baltimore uniform.
Yeah I remember Queen getting beat a couple of times by CEH. Because we didn't have preseason, I'm giving all of our rookies a slight pass unless they REALLY play like shit.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
except Hurst did nothing when andrews was injured last time

and he's got 9 catches despite being on the Falcons crazy efficient offence as the number 1 TE and with Julio Jones not really putting up much production either through 3 weeks

he was a complementary piece but he's not someone who would meaningfully replace andrews when/if andrews is down
I remember a tremendous catch and run against Buffalo for a td but yeah his resume is light but he wasnt a starter.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why is Hurst a good replacement for Andrews? How is he doing as a more every-down TE in a pass-heavy offense?

Yeah kicking a field goal on 4th and 3 in the redzone felt like an early surrender. Couldn't believe we weren't going for it at the time - that's supposed to be what we do!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah kicking a field goal on 4th and 3 in the redzone felt like an early surrender. Couldn't believe we weren't going for it at the time - that's supposed to be what we do!
That's not really what we do though. We go for it on typically shorter yardage, and often, its in fringe FG ranges, like the 35-50 yard lines.

You would have been criticizing if we went for it and did not convert anyway. That's what fans do.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
2014 he didn't have a comeback of note, he did help rally to beat the Browns and get into the playoffs and had really great performances against the Steelers in the wildcard and the Patriots except for that last INT. Still pissed about that one lol

he was never like Big Ben or Aaron Rodgers levels of comeback ability but I think his clutch factor was underrated. He often helped to win close games during the 2009-2012 stretch where the difference in the game was often 2-3 key throws. I went to every home game in 2010 and 2011. Joe wasn't a world beater and suffered from some definite limitations but the dude didn't flinch and I could easily comprise a long list of clutch plays and games from that time span.

My point is Lamar is almost in every way the superior of Flacco , but seems to so far beat up average and weak teams while struggling against the best.

Flacco always played his best against the best. It's why I liked him.
Of course, than he always played his worst against bottom feeders like Jacksonville... *shudders in 2016 London game*
we had the toughest schedule in the league last year and beat up on everyone of them outside of the Chiefs and the Titans. We didn't just win close games, we put them away. You can only play the teams on your schedule. I also don't put that Titans game on Lamar. You catch 6 of those drops and it's a different game.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
All my non-raven friends always ask why do I hate Harbs as a HC so much..

Welp, you saw it. He so quick to tilt. And lacks the ability to do in-game adjustments when things don’t go as planned.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
All my non-raven friends always ask why do I hate Harbs as a HC so much..

Welp, you saw it. He so quick to tilt. And lacks the ability to do in-game adjustments when things don’t go as planned.

Sorry, but this is a one game sample size also. Ravens adapted their offense just last week to beat Houston, when their offensive output wasn't very good in the first half.

My problem is... all these people that say "make adjustments" never seem to actually list the adjustments. Go back and watch the film from the Chiefs game. You'll have an almost impossible time listing the adjustments our defense would have made that would have had a material impact on the game. Like I was avid against blitzing by mid-2nd quarter, but that doesn't mean we would have won if we stopped. It just means it might have stopped the Chiefs from scoring a little less.

Fans always bring up "blueprints". This team has the blueprint, this team doesn't, etc. Blueprints require personnel. The reason we didn't play the same defense that the Chargers did is because we can't. We don't have Joey Bosa, we don't have Melvin Ingram. The Chargers have a secondary that's pretty comparable to ours, except they have two very good pass rushers also. We don't. They can get pressure with 4. We can't.

We've known this for two years now.

So while I would have preferred we stopped blitzing by about the mid-point in the 1st half, I don't think anybody can argue that we would have won the game if we did. You can not blitz him once the whole game, and he's still going to score 20-25 points against you, just like he did against the Chargers. That means you gotta score 30, and we weren't scoring 30 on Monday night the way our offensive played, better game plan or not. Players still gotta make plays, and we didn't.