• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good (?), the Bad and the Ugly: Week 4 Edition

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's almost a bust but because he literally has dropped a pass every game and doesn't have a single game with 1st round pick numbers.

I get everyone wants to kill Flacco but Perriman is not innocent in the slightest bit
How in the hell do you expect anyone to have 1st round pick numbers in this offense. Those 3 or 4 passes that hes dropped would've been freaking 4 yard gains anyway.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Well Amari Cooper has 7 drops this season and I believe he had 11 or 12 in his rookie season. Not saying Perriman is on the same level as him or that Cooper is a bust but Carr also doesn’t just abandon throwing to him. I would rather Flacco throw a long bomb on say third and eight than throw to Maclin or Watson for 5 yards while being triple teamed.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He's almost a bust but because he literally has dropped a pass every game and doesn't have a single game with 1st round pick numbers.

I get everyone wants to kill Flacco but Perriman is not innocent in the slightest bit
As long as QB doesn't want to throw the ball to him or he can't because of the inept play calling, Perriman has a pass based on some really good plays he made last season.

Freaking Geronimo Allison drops it clean, then the next play is TD pass to G. Allison. None of our young guys have that luxury - on offense and defense alike.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Amari Cooper has 7 drops this season and I believe he had 11 or 12 in his rookie season. Not saying Perriman is on the same level as him or that Cooper is a bust but Carr also doesn’t just abandon throwing to him. I would rather Flacco throw a long bomb on say third and eight than throw to Maclin or Watson for 5 yards while being triple teamed.
Exactly, guys like Cooper and D. Thomas have their fair share of drops, you just gotta keep feeding them to get em warmed up. And Watson needs to teach BP how to catch. That man has freaking vice grips for hands lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer

This offense as a whole can't get their shit together for whatever reason.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This offense as a whole can't get their shit together for whatever reason.
It's a combination of everything really. Crap oline, Joe clearly not being comfortable due to injury, Joe also regarding somewhat, shit play calling, drops.

Defense really isn't the issue. We got destroyed in Jacksonville but honestly they weren't the issue vs Pitt. Pitt's offense capitalized on superior field position and mistakes from the offense. Other than the first drive where they sucked, defense was okay for the most part.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's a combination of everything really. Crap oline, Joe clearly not being comfortable due to injury, Joe also regarding somewhat, shit play calling, drops.

Defense really isn't the issue. We got destroyed in Jacksonville but honestly they weren't the issue vs Pitt. Pitt's offense capitalized on superior field position and mistakes from the offense. Other than the first drive where they sucked, defense was okay for the most part.
we need to fire MM, it's the only way

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
How in the hell do you expect anyone to have 1st round pick numbers in this offense. Those 3 or 4 passes that hes dropped would've been freaking 4 yard gains anyway.
Hey man I'm sorry, he's not first round talent, he simply hasn't proved it in 3 years, I hope he still can but he won't

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Yes, that I can live with. But I don't blame him one bit for not making that catch. I blame him for a lot if his drops but this was just not his fault is all I'm saying.

I have to point out, Ryan Shazier played out of his mind. Dude literally destroyed our game plan today to say the least. I may be going too far by saying that but he flat out hurt us on Sunday.

Tank

Hall of Famer
[QUOTE
I have to point out, Ryan Shazier played out of his mind. Dude literally destroyed our game plan today to say the least. I may be going too far by saying that but he flat out hurt us on Sunday.
That’s an understatement. He was directly responsible for both picks and was all over the field wreaking havoc. Wish he were a Raven.

[QUOTE

That’s an understatement. He was directly responsible for both picks and was all over the field wreaking havoc. Wish he were a Raven.

I'd definitely take CJ over him but I'm not gonna lie, he would make our defense better.

It's similar to the comments echoed about a non-catch against the Steelers from the year before. Granted in this instance, I was significantly off the mark about how far he was from the boundary; I couldn't find a replay prior to making my initial comment, spit-balled it from memory, and was underestimated the distance. That said, in reviewing the play, the notion that the reception wasn't just feasible but was also expected appears to either gloss over the inner workings of movement and momentum or disregard them entirely. Going through the breakdown, conceptually speaking, the play call and the initial execution were essentially perfect.

This break-down was great. I really wanted to see the pass but couldn't find a GIF/Video for it but this showed me everything I needed to know.

This is a link to a gif if you still want to see it.
Thanks for the link. Truth's post cleared up most of what I need to know but seeing it again cleared up something else I wanted to see which was if Howard was losing his block. While he was, the pocket was still clean and he was absolutely given enough time to throw. After seeing it again I know everything I had to about that play and I'm totally done with it. That pass was horrid and there's no excuse for missing Perirman that wide open.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
This break-down was great. I really wanted to see the pass but couldn't find a GIF/Video for it but this showed me everything I needed to know.
Thank you kindly. I do apologize for the lack of footage. I have been in the market for a better screen capping software and am currently without the previous one. Would've been significantly easier to absorb with the footage. Hopefully I'll have it sorted out shortly.

Thank you kindly. I do apologize for the lack of footage. I have been in the market for a better screen capping software and am currently without the previous one. Would've been significantly easier to absorb with the footage. Hopefully I'll have it sorted out shortly.

Np, the break-down helped a lot. One thing I wanted to see in the GIF was his Howard was losing the maintain on his block and if Joe rushed the throw.