• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I would like an offensive head coach. You can find good defensive coordinators. But offensive gurus become coaches. So if you want an offensive guru to be there for long haul. He needs to be the head coach. McDaniels isn't leaving the patriots. He is the next head coach when BB retires. So there is Wisenhunt then Gruden and Mariucci to ask Back into coaching. I like Mariucci a little better. But Wisenhunt is good.

Mariucci made Garcia into a pro bowler. Garrison Hurst was considered a bust. Somebody average but not the franchise runner he was drafted to be. Then in Mariucci's offense he was a fantasy star. Then there is Charlie Garner who was never more than a 10 carry a game scatback. Again he turned into a dual threat runner/WR in Mariucci's offense. And he was close to 2000 yards running and receiving combined. If he can be talked back into the league and motivated to coach he is the dude the ravens need. When SF fired long time coach Siefert. It knew Mariucci was an offensive mind and he was only coach it wanted

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Hes had Drew Brees. So how much of the success was really Payton. Like how would you be able to reboot a system to a team built in running the ball
But wasn’t Brees’ play somewhat pedestrian until he teamed up with Payton? I could be wrong, but I thought that was the case.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like arizonas OC(can't remember the name ATM). Offensive minded obviously, he calls the plays and works directly with arians as a duo so he has no ego problems, he directly helped resurrect Carson fucking Palmer, and Arians raves about him as a leader.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like....

1. Jon Gruden
2. Ken Wisenhunt
3. Josh McDaniels
4. Matt Patricia
5. Teryl Austin
If Harbaugh is replaced I’d go with Patricia or Austin. I’d stay away from McDaniels. Wisenhunt I’d be fine with as an OC. I’ve always liked Jon Gruden and feel he could be the best choice of them all with his energy level, but doubt he wants to coach again.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Mcdaniels should be our priority if we were to look a for new HC. Im sure all of us hate the patriots, but we can deny the fact that every time brady throws the ball the dam wr is magically wide open.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Sad part about this discussion is that even if we go winless the rest of the way I doubt Harbs will be fired.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sad part about this discussion is that even if we go winless the rest of the way I doubt Harbs will be fired.
We may have to lose the locker room. We need better assistant coaches and not just people Harbs is familiar with.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm doubt Harbaugh gets fired unless he loses the locker room, which won't happen, imo. That being said, if he does get fired I'd like an Offensive minded head coach that doesn't interfere with th defensive play calling.

Not sure who is available, unless Hugh Jackson gets fired.
After the Jacksonville,Pittburgh and Chicago debacles , I'm not sure it will matter in this instance if this continues.
Though I agree with you ,he hasnt lost the locker room.... yet. More games like those mentioned and it will happen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He completely messed that organization up and drafted Tim Tebow. I wouldn’t trust him here.
And he also won playoff games with Tim Tebow and rattled off a bunch of wins to impossibly make the playoffs with tebow, a move that was 100% on him and the whole NFL world shit on him for it.

Also, people had the same thoughts about Pete Carroll but that's worked out tremendously.

Trial and error man.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And he also won playoff games with Tim Tebow and rattled off a bunch of wins to impossibly make the playoffs with tebow, a move that was 100% on him and the whole NFL world shit on him for it.

Also, people had the same thoughts about Pete Carroll but that's worked out tremendously.

Trial and error man.
They went to the playoffs in spite of Tebow. The defense kept them in games.

I agree re Pete Carroll.