• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Quarterback thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Well, tbat was actually my question, honestly. If the pass rush breaks the pocket but we have an athletic quartetback, does it still count as time to throw? I wouldn't.
Yes I followed the articles. Mayfield's time is the LONGEST to throw and it does seem to count even if he leaves the pocket. It's tricky however because with the way the OU offense works, he has a lot of quick releases. Were he in another offense (say USC or UCLA) he could get to the 4.00s mark.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yes I followed the articles. Mayfield's time is the LONGEST to throw and it does seem to count even if he leaves the pocket. It's tricky however because with the way the OU offense works, he has a lot of quick releases. Were he in another offense (say USC or UCLA) he could get to the 4.00s mark.
Why rank it 13th if it's the longest? Makes no sense...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know trace mcsorley isn't really a top notch NFL prospect but man he had a hell of a game last night. He plays with a huge chip on his shoulder and goddamn can that boy run. He was very accurate on seemingly all of his throws, I saw him looking off dbs a few times and following up by delivering a perfect strike to the guy he looked open, he had great timing on the seam routes and hit guys right in the numbers and led them upfield. He dropped a few perfect touch passes deep. I'm not a big fan of short qbs, but some guys can still play qb at 6'0", especially when they can make plays with their feet and get out from behind the tall guys in the trenches. He could be an interesting late round project if we have a playbook to let him move around.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I know trace mcsorley isn't really a top notch NFL prospect but man he had a hell of a game last night. He plays with a huge chip on his shoulder and goddamn can that boy run. He was very accurate on seemingly all of his throws, I saw him looking off dbs a few times and following up by delivering a perfect strike to the guy he looked open, he had great timing on the seam routes and hit guys right in the numbers and led them upfield. He dropped a few perfect touch passes deep. I'm not a big fan of short qbs, but some guys can still play qb at 6'0", especially when they can make plays with their feet and get out from behind the tall guys in the trenches. He could be an interesting late round project if we have a playbook to let him move around.
Getting bailed out a TON by his receivers though. He throws punts at time.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
OK I'm done, trash me all you want but I want Baker. I don't care. I don't mtfcking care what you'll tell me. I'm done with a Qb that doesn't want to win and that can't even collect a snap and stand on his own two feet. I'm done with a QB that takes a knee anytime a LB is within 5 yards. Joe is done and it's embarassing.

The Greek

Veteran
His entire life, flacco has been super inconsistent. He would be amazing one game and awful the next. Flacco has finally put it together and is easily one of the most consistent qbs in the NFL. He is extremely consistent at throwing picks and sucking. No denying we need a new qb (wether that be in the 3rd or the the first). Honestly if we end up with a top 10 pick, I think there are 5 guys who go top 10. We might have a nice option. Here's my board:
1. Sam Darnold
2. Josh Rosen
3. Josh Allen
4. Mason Rudolph
5. Lamar Jackson

I think we have a chance at Mason Rudolph (guessing we finish around 6-10, 8-12 overall) and maybe A josh but we will have to see. I don't like Lamar Jackson but would love any of the others.
Of course that's just the top 5 for me. I don't really know anything besides those elite 5.
i see what u r saying but i would prefer to build the o-line and have a reliable te, rb, wr in place 1st. we have flacco for another 2 years after this season so i believe 2019 is the year to draft a qb. i do not see this team being any better in 2018 if the same coordinators and poor drafting is still in place

rossihunter2

Staff Member
OK I'm done, trash me all you want but I want Baker. I don't care. I don't mtfcking care what you'll tell me. I'm done with a Qb that doesn't want to win and that can't even collect a snap and stand on his own two feet. I'm done with a QB that takes a knee anytime a LB is within 5 yards. Joe is done and it's embarassing.

it is embarrassing - not sure if im sold on baker yet though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’d rather have Josh Rosen, but I haven’t really been able to watch them all either. Anyway, we should be in position to draft a good qb this offseason, but I’m not sure we should go that route. I’m a big proponent for Nelson. He will hit the ground running. A wr would be good also but most likely would need some time and a qb won’t see the field right away either, but could light a fire under joe.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
it is embarrassing - not sure if im sold on baker yet though
I just want two things:
- a QB who won't give up on the play for any imagineable reason
- a QB who wants to win

I can live with a QB having bad games, bad throws. But a QB who doesn't even try or kills the play from the start. Fuck outta here. I mean it. This is humiliating for any Ravens fan.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I just want two things:
- a QB who wants to win

I can live with a QB having bad games, bad throws. But a QB who doesn't even try or kills the play from the start. Fuck outta here. I mean it. This is humiliating for any Ravens fan.
Which QBs fit this criteria (which I agree with)?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just want two things:
- a QB who wants to win

I want a qb who can throw his receivers open, has a quick release, can step into his throws and step into the pocket to avoid a sack. Is that too much to ask for

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I want a qb who can throw his receivers open, has a quick release, can step into his throws and step into the pocket to avoid a sack. Is that too much to ask for
Yeah. Those guys don't grow on trees lol.

At this point if you want Rosen, we tank the season and get a top 3 pick. Barkley, Darnold, and Rosen are all going in the top 3. Getting 2/3 QBs would be a good consolation prize.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hope we don't win another game and darnold and Barkley go ahead of us. I really do. It would be perfect for us to sit joe on his ass for the remainder of his deal and cut him once the dead money becomes a wash. Josh Rosen is the best qb in this class but darnold seems to have the hype.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope we don't win another game and darnold and Barkley go ahead of us. I really do. It would be perfect for us to sit joe on his ass for the remainder of his deal and cut him once the dead money becomes a wash. Josh Rosen is the best qb in this class but darnold seems to have the hype.
That’s my take as well. Although I never root for the, to lose.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler

I cannot dispute your evaluation of Rosen. He looks frail to me and I am afraid he would get killed behind our line. I know BPA may dictate Rosen as our pick but I feel we need to seriously upgrade the O-line.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't think we'll have a shot at Rosen even if we lose out if we don't trade up to get him. Cousins likely going to SF, so they'll trade their pick to whichever team likes Rosen the most.
And that's if the Browns don't take him and pick Darnold instead. Chargers, Cardinals, Miami won't be afraid to trade either.