• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Quarterback thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That’s my take as well. Although I never root for the, to lose.
I'll never actively root for it, but if we finish 6-10 as opposed to 3-13 or 4-12 and miss on Rosen/Barkley because of it then I'll be pissed
I cannot dispute your evaluation of Rosen. He looks frail to me and I am afraid he would get killed behind our line. I know BPA may dictate Rosen as our pick but I feel we need to seriously upgrade the O-line.
rosen has great pocket awareness and slides around very well. And you don't pass on an opportunity for a franchise qb because you feel your team isn't ready. Reaching on an average qb prospect for a shit team is one thing, but getting a likely elite qb is a totally different story

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think we'll have a shot at Rosen even if we lose out if we don't trade up to get him. Cousins likely going to SF, so they'll trade their pick to whichever team likes Rosen the most.
And that's if the Browns don't take him and pick Darnold instead. Chargers, Cardinals, Miami won't be afraid to trade either.
If darnold goes 1, it's very possible nobody trades up for Rosen. I think the whole league still believes the Ravens are on board with flacco(and we probably are, we would likely pass on Rosen lol) so teams would probably expect us to pass on Rosen or teams would call us for the trade up, this is assuming we're picking behind Cleveland and SF at 3rd. If it goes darnold-barkley(which is highly possible) our phones will ring off the hook, and I think the highest bidder would get our pick and we would pass on Rosen.

As much as I'd love to get Rosen I wouldn't be mad at that move, it never hurts to load the shit out of your team with first round talents on rookie deals, and teams strike gold on day 2 qbs pretty often, why not us? I wouldn't hate at all to see us get Nelson/Ridley in 1 and a. Miller/Bryce love/scarbrough with Luke falk in 2, along with multiple first rounders in the future

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any of you worried about the rumor of rosen's teammates not liking him?

Any who, I think we're going to pick in the 5-10 range. So out of darnold and Rosen's range. Sadly barkley too. If we're closer to the top 5, I would see what it would take to trade for barkley.
If not, go Nelson 1st, and grab a Anthony miller, courtland Sutton, or rb penny or love with the 2nd. A project qb with the 3rd or 4th. We're stuck with flacco for another year or two.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope we don't win another game and darnold and Barkley go ahead of us. I really do. It would be perfect for us to sit joe on his ass for the remainder of his deal and cut him once the dead money becomes a wash. Josh Rosen is the best qb in this class but darnold seems to have the hype.
Dude honestly I really want us to lose out, I don't give a FUCK about the difference between 3-13 and 6-10. What I do care about? A top 5 pick? Imagine if we could get rosen or darnold? Or for those who still somehow believe in Flacco, Barkley or Key!!!! That'd be incredible, Any of those 4

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll never actively root for it, but if we finish 6-10 as opposed to 3-13 or 4-12 and miss on Rosen/Barkley because of it then I'll be pissed

rosen has great pocket awareness and slides around very well. And you don't pass on an opportunity for a franchise qb because you feel your team isn't ready. Reaching on an average qb prospect for a shit team is one thing, but getting a likely elite qb is a totally different story
lol I just wrote my response about not being 6-10 right before I saw this post. 100% agree

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Any of you worried about the rumor of rosen's teammates not liking him?

Any who, I think we're going to pick in the 5-10 range. So out of darnold and Rosen's range. Sadly barkley too. If we're closer to the top 5, I would see what it would take to trade for barkley.
If not, go Nelson 1st, and grab a Anthony miller, courtland Sutton, or rb penny or love with the 2nd. A project qb with the 3rd or 4th. We're stuck with flacco for another year or two.

Right now we are sitting 8th, and have the Browns, 49ers and Cardinals ahead of us. So we will lose out on the first round QBs right there considering I'm thinking those teams stay ahead of us in the final order. I just hope we have a new OC and retool the offense with new weapons through the draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The issues they listed are non issues to me, he's far from manziel, he's enjoying himself like a college kid does for fucks sake lol. Sexually suggestive lawn ornament arrangement? Big deal, I've done that before and I'm not a troublemaker, hot tub in his dorm? Stupid yes but troublesome no.

Now if it's true his teammates don't like him then that's an issue. Where's the source on it though?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We aren't drafting QB high until 2020, unless HC change happens earlier - in that case 2019.
It's unfortunate but all signs point to this outcome.
Won't stop me bitching about it, regardless.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Broncos are fast becoming one of the front runners to jump on a QB pick. Three losses in a row, now they play Chiefs, Eagles and NE.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Broncos are fast becoming one of the front runners to jump on a QB pick. Three losses in a row, now they play Chiefs, Eagles and NE.

Hey, if there's a run on QBs, that just pushes more talent down to us. By all means, I hope so. I don't think we draft a QB with our first pick this year. Not with how flacco's contract is setup. We're stuck til 2020. There's no way we can cut him and not have dead money. Build around him for now, if he's still garbage by 2018, draft one and let him sit for a year.
I want us to do what Jacksonville is doing. A strong defense with a strong running game. Make bortles..uh.. I mean flacco throw as little as possible

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hey, if there's a run on QBs, that just pushes more talent down to us. By all means, I hope so. I don't think we draft a QB with our first pick this year. Not with how flacco's contract is setup. We're stuck til 2020. There's no way we can cut him and not have dead money. Build around him for now, if he's still garbage by 2018, draft one and let him sit for a year.
I want us to do what Jacksonville is doing. A strong defense with a strong running game. Make bortles..uh.. I mean flacco throw as little as possible
If we can't get one of the top prospects then absolutely, but if one of them is there for us then we have to take it, although I don't think we will, if one of those guys are there I'd expect we trade back which I'd also be happy with. Getting a kings ransom in a trade back is a good way to inject life into the franchise for the future.

But at the same time, we have a lot of good young talent and I'd like to see us get another qb before they start leaving for big pay days

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If we can't get one of the top prospects then absolutely, but if one of them is there for us then we have to take it, although I don't think we will, if one of those guys are there I'd expect we trade back which I'd also be happy with. Getting a kings ransom in a trade back is a good way to inject life into the franchise for the future.

But at the same time, we have a lot of good young talent and I'd like to see us get another qb before they start leaving for big pay days
Right now Flacco is playing worse than 3rd round rookie QBs, so upgrading the position would not be that hard actually.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Problem I have with him is he looks like a jerk, but on the field he's a warrior. And I really want to see what it feels like to have one as my team's QB.
Brady looks like (is) a jerk as well. I’ve heard Phillip Rivers is a jerk, but wouldn’t mind him on my team.