• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire Dean Pees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So much for that...
Chargers over/under was 7.5. I took over at beginning season so im good. I used " playoffs" cause i didnt remember what the over/under was till i checked. I just remembering telling myself that if chargers make offs im good, so thats what i stuck with

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I actually think it will be Ted Monachino if the Colts staff is fired.

Anything is possible but I just think If John Harbaugh thought Ted Monachino was Dean Pees successor than he would have kept him on board just like when The Texans promoted Mike Vrabel to defensive coordinator and kept their former defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel on their coaching staff. Whoever The Ravens decide to make as their defensive coordinator it probably be somewhat disrespectful for them to atleast not give Martindale a chance for a interview for the position. C.J Mosley and Terrell Suggs have both made the playoffs and are both coached by Martindale . I don't think the improvement of Matt Judon and Zadarius Smith should be slept on either.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Anything is possible but I just think If John Harbaugh thought Ted Monachino was Dean Pees successor than he would have kept him on board just like when The Texans promoted Mike Vrabel to defensive coordinator and kept their former defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel on their coaching staff. Whoever The Ravens decide to make as their defensive coordinator it probably be somewhat disrespectful for them to atleast not give Martindale a chance for a interview for the position. C.J Mosley and Terrell Suggs have both made the playoffs and are both coached by Martindale . I don't think the improvement of Matt Judon and Zadarius Smith should be slept on either.

Wink is a phenomenal positional coach but you also have to take into account his previous coordinator experience and he led one of the worst defensive units ever (he was 1 and done) in Denver - not saying he couldn’t be better than that but he’s also not a young coach - if I’m honest I want young blood in our coaching staff in places so that we don’t have this problem of succession and progression again

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Wink is a phenomenal positional coach but you also have to take into account his previous coordinator experience and he led one of the worst defensive units ever (he was 1 and done) in Denver - not saying he couldn’t be better than that but he’s also not a young coach - if I’m honest I want young blood in our coaching staff in places so that we don’t have this problem of succession and progression again

I definitely understand that . I wouldn't consider Wink a young coach but it probably wouldn't be fair to say he's a old coach either especially at the age of 54. At his age he's still young enough to have bright ideas and definitely young enough to be a head coach if he ends up being successful as a defensive coordinator. I agree with you on the young blood statement and John Harbaugh have already started moving in that direction. There's a guy on The Ravens coaching staff by the name of Jessie Minter who I think may be in his thirties who has previous defensive coordinator experience but at the college level.Of course there are other young guys like Secondary coach Chris Hewitt , defensive back coach Mike Macdonald, and assistant defensive back coach Drew Wilkins. I must say that Chris Hewitt and Mike Macdonald have done good job this year with the secondary . I honestly thought The Ravens turnovers were going to go down after Leslie Frazier left.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
so sources suggesting dean pees is well and truly retiring after the season - but those same sources also are saying that he's not informed the team that that's the case

im not quite sure how that works but heyho
Well, at least it's now Schefter saying this and not Lombardi.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Idk how I feel about this. Pees has his moments of genius and moments of pure fuckery. I'm absolutely terrified of what could happen, because pees is no joke, he is a highly respected D.C. in this league and there probably isn't a coach in this league who thinks this is a positive for us(at least not until we see better results from a new guy). He pisses me off to no extent with his failure to field his talented players, and his failure to use common sense sometimes(like blitzing weddle and dropping Mosley repeatedly despite Mosley getting toasted and Carr needing safety help), but his madness works so often, and when he has smart players at a few spots his defense is incredibly opportunistic.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I still give pees so much props for his game plan vs the steelers in the wild card 2014. The steelers had a horrible OL, we had a sack machine of a defense, everyone thought pees would dial up the pressure but instead he called 3 and 4 man rushes all night and Ben couldn't find anyone in that 7 and 8 man coverage, and our modest rushes got home with ease, and then late in the game he shows coverage and then blitzes the shit out of Ben to seal it. It was the exact opposite of what everyone expected and it worked to perfection

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still give pees so much props for his game plan vs the steelers in the wild card 2014. The steelers had a horrible OL, we had a sack machine of a defense, everyone thought pees would dial up the pressure but instead he called 3 and 4 man rushes all night and Ben couldn't find anyone in that 7 and 8 man coverage, and our modest rushes got home with ease, and then late in the game he shows coverage and then blitzes the shit out of Ben to seal it. It was the exact opposite of what everyone expected and it worked to perfection
This is exactly what Pees is and on top he showed some exotic looks that game he hasn't used all season long. I remember him showing 3 rushers from one side: Stewart, Suggs and Mosley. Suggs rushed for sec only to drop in coverage and pick Ben off. It will be though ro replace him, like you said one moment he's a pure genius, but he will come up with a really questionable play call the next play. I give him credit to install the dime this season, something he's barely used in his time with the Ravens. It takes a lot to adjust your strategy and playbook after such a long time. But his use of personel is something I still don't get esp. the dline rotation. It's either Davis, Pierce and Williams/ Henry or Henry and Williams. Pierce never plays without Williams. And this leads to them being absolutely gassed in every 4th quarter this season. Of course he's limited because only Henry and Wormley can actually rush the passer and Wormley is inactive every game. That's why we're allowing over 4 ypc. He has to use the dime to often because even the base 3-4 can't effectively shutdown the run. That's also why I said L.Guy will be missed he and Jernigan often played as the only down linemen and they played the run well esp. last season

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
John Fox is likely to be fired today/on monday. I'd like to bring in Vic Fangio.

Status
Not open for further replies.