• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

MLB Post Season 2017

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Joc has 3 homers int he series, springer has 4, theres been some great pitching by rich hill. Those would be my 3 guys for mvp so far. Nah next year will be two new teams, most teams dont go back to back. Id say the yankees could get there next year, dodgers can make it back purely because the NL is complete trash still and will likely be next year.
I meant will be back at some point. Though I think the Dodgers are going to have the NL in a force choke for the next half decade or so given their deep prospect pool and never being supply of money. They gave up basically nothing to give up Darvish so they’ve got a bunch of their prospects left to call up who are high level that could contribute in the pitching staff and add to the hitting core

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Joc has 3 homers int he series, springer has 4, theres been some great pitching by rich hill. Those would be my 3 guys for mvp so far. Nah next year will be two new teams, most teams dont go back to back. Id say the yankees could get there next year, dodgers can make it back purely because the NL is complete trash still and will likely be next year.
It’s actually difficult to nail it down to one player.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You know, I know that game 7 would be on short rest, but you have to give the ball to Kershaw to start. He's the best pitcher in the MLB and he's your ace. Why give it to your third pitcher in the most crucial game of the entire year?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You know, I know that game 7 would be on short rest, but you have to give the ball to Kershaw to start. He's the best pitcher in the MLB and he's your ace. Why give it to your third pitcher in the most crucial game of the entire year?
Cause Dave Roberts is a fucking idiot.

They're gonna lose. I was expecting it so I won't go into drunken rage mode tonight. Especially since I have an exam tomorrow and getting drunk is not an option. But Roberts really sucks.. And Darvish choked big time. So here's what you do Dodgers in offseason.

1. Tell Roberts to fuck off
2. Tell Darvish to fuck off
3. Sign Arietta, a right hander with big game experience who is clearly no longer a #1 to be your #2.
4. That's it. You can literally keep the rest of the roster the same. This team is gonna pull a Royals. Get their asses kicked by a team from the opposing conference in seven, but then win the next season.

Tank

Hall of Famer
lol......it’s the top of the 4th, I wouldn’t close the book yet. Would be cool for the Astros to win though.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
lol......it’s the top of the 4th, I wouldn’t close the book yet. Would be cool for the Astros to win though.
Given all that city has gone through recently. I'm happy it's the Astros that beat the Dodgers.

Fuck the Yankees in the ass.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Dodgers did everything they can to win, extend the series to 7 games and this is what they do? Astros are going to win the World Series without a fight.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Too bad Kershaw's shutout effort was wasted. Good job team.

Roberts better be fired in the morning. I swear to god.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely fantastic for the city of Houston, comsidering what they have been through recently.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Congrats Astros. You've earned.

Dave Roberts will be fired and executed by Hollywood elite in the morning. Magic Johnson is not pleased.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Dodgers said Yu might come back.. After tonight no thank you. The fans would not be happy.

Feel bad for Kershaw. He played bad game five, but played very well game 7 and game 1. Can't get too mad at him. Once again. Bad Roberts management.

Get him the fuck out of town. You have no free agents of note other than Darvish. Go get Arietta. Then go win that WS for Kershaw.

I have the Dodgers winning in 2018. This team is too damn talented not to win a ring at some point and the NL is utterly pathetic and nobody in the conference can compete with the sheer money the Dodgers have + their young talent.