• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jim Jones definitely has it still, but the other two? Hit or miss. I think Styles and Kiss could do a tag team type of song that they've done over the years. To me, this beat just SCREAMS Harlem.
tbh I never really thought jim Jones had it to begin with, but I always fucked with cam and Santana. But yeah I get the Harlem feel, there just aren’t really any Harlem rappers like that anymore

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
tbh I never really thought jim Jones had it to begin with, but I always fucked with cam and Santana. But yeah I get the Harlem feel, there just aren’t really any Harlem rappers like that anymore
Yeah well there's A$AP Rocky, but uh, that's about it for me. I don't really care for the rest of the A$AP Mob.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah well there's A$AP Rocky, but uh, that's about it for me. I don't really care for the rest of the A$AP Mob.
ASAP rocky is kinda... trash. Like only a little, he’s had GREAT production through his career so I really fuck with the vibe of his music, but as far as rapping he’s pretty weak, and yeah ASAP mob in general is garbage.

Do you like Flatbush zombies?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
ASAP rocky is kinda... trash. Like only a little, he’s had GREAT production through his career so I really [profanity deleted] with the vibe of his music, but as far as rapping he’s pretty weak, and yeah ASAP mob in general is garbage.

Do you like Flatbush zombies?
Yeah this is.................accurate to an extent lol. As for Flatbush Zombies, not really. But I just realized that there IS a quality rapper from Harlem: Smoke DZA.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
You don't like the way he raps?

I'm not a huge Tech fan or anything, but he's definitely a quality rapper who happens to be from Harlem.

Ma$e and Cam'Ron were very good rappers back in the day pre-Ma$e becoming a pastor.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ma$e and Cam'Ron were very good rappers back in the day pre-Ma$e becoming a pastor.

I've never been a fan of Ma$e. I can tolerate his guest appearances, but I've always hated his voice. Cam'Ron was decent, but he was mostly carried by some great production.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've never been a fan of Ma$e. I can tolerate his guest appearances, but I've always hated his voice. Cam'Ron was decent, but he was mostly carried by some great production.

To be fair, Cam has an amazing ear for beats and I would credit him for introducing the slower style to NY by bringing in Wayne to that market.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with you

I'm not sure if I like it better than "Pinata", but it's close. Supposedly, they've already came out and said that they're gonna make a third album as well. Definitely my favorite duo in hip-hop right now along with Run The Jewels.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Joe Budden is that dude, but ain't no way is Logic is "easily one of the worst rappers to ever grace a microphone" given the number of trash rappers in the game today.