• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Once again, another Griseda beat that has that pure evil, concocting a plan in a dark room to take over the world type of vibe to it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
RIP Juice Wrld. This shits got me sad. I love that genre, the one that kid cudi fathered, with juice Wrld, Travis Scott, post Malone, xxxtentacion, the melodic sadboy sound is one of my favorites and he was the best of the new ones doing it. Shit sucks man, even my son loves him because of his song from Into The Spiderverse

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
RIP Juice Wrld. This shits got me sad. I love that genre, the one that kid cudi fathered, with juice Wrld, Travis Scott, post Malone, xxxtentacion, the melodic sadboy sound is one of my favorites and he was the best of the new ones doing it. Shit sucks man, even my son loves him because of his song from Into The Spiderverse

I haven't really listened to much of Juice's music, but I do like that sound. Sucks that he passed and so young too.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
On a lighter note, Kaytranada released a new single today and his album is dropping on Friday. One of the best producers in the game IMO and I can't wait. "99.9" still gets bumped heavily in my rotation and it's from 2016.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Baltimore is setting the world on fire right now. First lamar, now Los. This dude is one of the all time GOAT lyricists and one of the most slept on rappers. I mean who the hell comes up with this? And he’s been dropping mixtapes and albums for like 14 years and THIS is what he’s doing after all that? Dude literally gets better every year

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Baltimore is setting the world on fire right now. First lamar, now Los. This dude is one of the all time GOAT lyricists and one of the most slept on rappers. I mean who the hell comes up with this? And he’s been dropping mixtapes and albums for like 14 years and THIS is what he’s doing after all that? Dude literally gets better every year

holy shit that's sik

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
holy shit that's sik
This needs at least 10 listens before you pick up on everything, and even that might not be enough. He’s one of those rappers that will have you like “GOTDAMNNNN” when you hear a bar but you didn’t even pick up on the other 1 or 2 meanings in that same bar. Dude is insane

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

I've never heard of this dude before, but that was pretty dope. Will definitely be on my radar now.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've never heard of this dude before, but that was pretty dope. Will definitely be on my radar now.
He’s been getting better for like 13-14 years now. He’s had his weak moments but man when he’s really trying to go in and not worried about making a hit, he’s insane, he’s got lupe fiasco levels of depth but Eminem/Kendrick levels of flow and rhyme

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
He’s been getting better for like 13-14 years now. He’s had his weak moments but man when he’s really trying to go in and not worried about making a hit, he’s insane, he’s got lupe fiasco levels of depth but Eminem/Kendrick levels of flow and rhyme

Speaking of Kendrick, we should be getting a new Kendrick album sometime this year. Really hyped for that and the new Run The Jewels. 2020 should be good!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait, Denzel Curry is part of TDE? When did this happen? Because I definitely missed it. Solid pickup for the label.

I thought he was, but apparently he's on Loma Vista Recordings. If that's the case then I don't even know the last TDE album that came out lol