• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Questions for everyone:

Who is your dream collab?

Who should collab right now?

Not really anything new, but would love a Styles and Jada back and forth album. Eminem and Redman might be sick. Kool G Rap, Big L and Big Pun.

Can't think of many more. A bunch of my favorite artists have worked together(that are living). I gotta give a quick shout out to Nas for one of the greatest collabs I never thought I'd want with the Made You Look remix. Artists respected skills more than fake flossin before, so if they were nice they most likely worked together.

Not really anything new, but would love a Styles and Jada back and forth album. Eminem and Redman might be sick. Kool G Rap, Big L and Big Pun.

Can't think of many more. A bunch of my favorite artists have worked together(that are living). I gotta give a quick shout out to Nas for one of the greatest collabs I never thought I'd want with the Made You Look remix. Artists respected skills more than fake flossin before, so if they were nice they most likely worked together.

Sorry I meant a collab album, like a full album

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Questions for everyone:

My dream collab would probably be Tonedeff & Dessa. Both are great rappers, but they're also great singers as well. I don't know if I would want a full album of this, but I'd love to hear at least one song just to see what they could come up with.

As for right now, I want a Blu album that's produced entirely by L'Orange. Every time they collab on a song, Blu KILLS it and L'Orange's production fits him like a glove. Here's a link to the "Alone" music video if anyone hasn't seen it (really great music video):

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Questions for everyone:

I had to look it up to make sure they didn't do any previous collabs and I don't think they have which is mind-boggling to me. I would've LOVED to see M.O.P. and DMX collab. You want to talk about two of the grimiest, grittiest rap acts of all time? Shhhhhhhiiiiieeeeettttt........

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had to look it up to make sure they didn't do any previous collabs and I don't think they have which is mind-boggling to me. I would've LOVED to see M.O.P. and DMX collab. You want to talk about two of the grimiest, grittiest rap acts of all time? Shhhhhhhiiiiieeeeettttt........

That could have been a sick collab if it ever happened. Also, I read the last part of your post in Clay Davis' voice. lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Said the same exact thing. First track got my hopes up... and then the rest played out,

it wasn't bad (I find myself saying that alot nowadays for new and older acts) but it just wasn't for me

that new Cyhi the Prynce was amazing though

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
he is one of the best MC's of all time. all these years and all he's done is improve his craft with flows that are fresh and new.

it's a shame alot of the folks my age aren't students of the game to realize who the pioneers were. easily top 10 mc in terms of pure ability