• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Ravens Offense: Week 6 Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The injuries are always severe. Every year. No matter who is injured. One year it was Suggs. One year it was Jimmy. This year it is BWill.

I take a shot at them because it is the same old story, year after year after year and it doesn't matter who is injured or if anyone is at all. Play a great game overall and fail when it counts at the end. That is what they do. For years now. Would it have mattered in the end? Yeah probably not in the least since the offense was dialing it in. That doesn't mean it isn't an issue. They faced a Bears' team with a rookie QB with his first road start that they KNEW were going to run the ball. Yes I get that it isn't as bad as the overall yards make it seem to be, but still it is pretty bad. And you don't think that even a bit of that fail can be placed on the DC?

So you don't buy into the fact we could have traded up for Ramsey and that he could have taken this defense to the next level? And that the guy we got instead has done little to help anything?

So you don't buy into the fact that we rarely use high picks for offense and when we do they always have these "issues". Could be great IF his hands dont' continue to be a problem. etc. Torrey did well but we drafted him to be a true #1 and he wasn't. Just wanted paid like one. I know you have this we can't develop offensive talent theory but the facts don't support it. Pretty sure no WR or TE has left here and gone to another team to be a superstar. We can't draft offensive talent (or we don't target it, a bit of both) and this has been ongoing for years. Yet we've done nothing to remedy it.

You think Marty had a great gameplan? You think he called great plays? lol Do you? Somehow I think you're smarter than that.

Name one other franchise QB in his tenth year that has the turnover of OCs, the turnover at RB, the turnover at WR, the turnover at TE that this team has seen. Not just one of those things but ALL of them. There is no consistency and then we want to whine (myself included) that Flacco & his receivers have no chemistry. It's a joke. I kid you not if I was Flacco I'd be begging to be released by this team. He'd be picked up in a heartbeat and there is a 98% chance his new FO would not ignore the offense.

We see the results of these issues on the field and we blame the players because they play the game but these issues are way higher and way deeper.
Do you actually think it’s that easy to trade up? You do need a partner and you don’t want to give up your entire draft or you become the skins trading all of their picks. Ozzie tried to trade up with the Cowboys but Jerry Jones got cold feet and asked for a another high pick. That wouldn’t have been the right move. Telling people you can’t make

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The injuries are always severe. Every year. No matter who is injured. One year it was Suggs. One year it was Jimmy. This year it is BWill.

I take a shot at them because it is the same old story, year after year after year and it doesn't matter who is injured or if anyone is at all. Play a great game overall and fail when it counts at the end. That is what they do. For years now. Would it have mattered in the end? Yeah probably not in the least since the offense was dialing it in. That doesn't mean it isn't an issue. They faced a Bears' team with a rookie QB with his first road start that they KNEW were going to run the ball. Yes I get that it isn't as bad as the overall yards make it seem to be, but still it is pretty bad. And you don't think that even a bit of that fail can be placed on the DC?

So you don't buy into the fact we could have traded up for Ramsey and that he could have taken this defense to the next level? And that the guy we got instead has done little to help anything?

So you don't buy into the fact that we rarely use high picks for offense and when we do they always have these "issues". Could be great IF his hands dont' continue to be a problem. etc. Torrey did well but we drafted him to be a true #1 and he wasn't. Just wanted paid like one. I know you have this we can't develop offensive talent theory but the facts don't support it. Pretty sure no WR or TE has left here and gone to another team to be a superstar. We can't draft offensive talent (or we don't target it, a bit of both) and this has been ongoing for years. Yet we've done nothing to remedy it.

You think Marty had a great gameplan? You think he called great plays? lol Do you? Somehow I think you're smarter than that.

Name one other franchise QB in his tenth year that has the turnover of OCs, the turnover at RB, the turnover at WR, the turnover at TE that this team has seen. Not just one of those things but ALL of them. There is no consistency and then we want to whine (myself included) that Flacco & his receivers have no chemistry. It's a joke. I kid you not if I was Flacco I'd be begging to be released by this team. He'd be picked up in a heartbeat and there is a 98% chance his new FO would not ignore the offense.

We see the results of these issues on the field and we blame the players because they play the game but these issues are way higher and way deeper.
Hold on, before addressing anything, are you really hating on Ronnie Stanley?

RavensDFan

Veteran
Do you actually think it’s that easy to trade up? You do need a partner and you don’t want to give up your entire draft or you become the skins trading all of their picks. Ozzie tried to trade up with the Cowboys but Jerry Jones got cold feet and asked for a another high pick. That wouldn’t have been the right move. Telling people you can’t make
So everyone refuses to trade with Ozzie? It's some giant conspiracy? Because I know we traded up for Flacco, but then again, didn't we have to do that because he traded back and then got nervous? I might be wrong about that but seems that is how I recall it going down. And I'm sure we've traded up before, but it is sooooooooo scarce I can't recall one. Must have been many moons ago.

Other teams do it successfully so perhaps that is another underlying issue.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So everyone refuses to trade with Ozzie? It's some giant conspiracy? Because I know we traded up for Flacco, but then again, didn't we have to do that because he traded back and then got nervous? I might be wrong about that but seems that is how I recall it going down. And I'm sure we've traded up before, but it is sooooooooo scarce I can't recall one. Must have been many moons ago.

Other teams do it successfully so perhaps that is another underlying issue.
Where did you make this crap up. It doesn’t even deserve a response.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Where did you make this crap up. It doesn’t even deserve a response.
You mean because you can't recall when we've traded up so you have no response?

And just to show you're just conditioned to be an ass to me :

"The shrewdness of the Ravens' taking Flacco in 2008 is they initially traded back before moving up to secure their franchise quarterback."

So bite me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

"The shrewdness of the Ravens' taking Flacco in 2008 is they initially traded back before moving up to secure their franchise quarterback."

So bite me.
It has nothin* to do with him getting nervous and that is what I’m talking about.

RavensDFan

Veteran
It has nothin* to do with him getting nervous and that is what I’m talking about.
"
The Ravens started the draft by dropping from the No. 8 overall pick No. 26, which proved too far down to owner Steve Bisciotti's liking. He began to get antsy that Flacco wouldn't fall to the Ravens. He didn't want to get stuck with a quarterback like Chad Henne or Brian Brohm, who weren't rated anywhere close to Flacco on the Ravens' board.

Bisciotti wanted the Ravens to trade a third-round pick and move up, but Eric DeCosta, the Ravens' director of player personnel at the time, didn't think the team should do it. DeCosta told Bisciotti that Flacco would be there at No. 26. Bisciotti then looked across the table at DeCosta and told him, "And what if he isn't? What if somebody takes him? Is it going to be worth an extra third-round pick? We have three of them. Let's give up a third and go back and get him and be done with this."

Again, bite me.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

So bite me.
We did trade up recently - Art Brown, Maxx Williams come to mind.
Not in the 1st though.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Well, if we traded up to get Ramsey, we wouldn't have picked up what seems to be the next great LT in NFL.
That would be true, and it becomes a trade off. But since we seem to develop D lineman quite well and have no issues spotting that talent, it's a chance I'd be willing to take. Either way, it's done.

RavensDFan

Veteran
We did trade up recently - Art Brown, Maxx Williams come to mind.
Not in the 1st though.
Yeah I mean, kind of blocked out the entire Art Brown fiasco but forgot we traded up for Williams since it didn't seem necessary. Too soon to truly know how Williams will pan out. I stand corrected on that count.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So many Ravens fans have no idea how GREAT this franchise is and how good they have it. I was a fan of rhe skins throughout the 80s until 2014 when I became a Ravens fan, due to my hatred of Dan Snyder. I think I’m going to change my screen name to “Die Hard” because that’s what I’d do for this franchise. I have total respect for the, as an organization from top to bottom. Sure, I’d like some assistants let go, but I believe it would be a mistake to let Harbaugh and the front office go. If we did that we would be the Browns for a very long time.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So many Ravens fans have no idea how GREAT this franchise is and how good they have it. I was a fan of rhe skins throughout the 80s until 2014 when I became a Ravens fan, due to my hatred of Dan Snyder. I think I’m going to change my screen name to “Die Hard” because that’s what I’d do for this franchise. I have total respect for the, as an organization from top to bottom. Sure, I’d like some assistants let go, but I believe it would be a mistake to let Harbaugh and the front office go. If we did that we would be the Browns for a very long time.
Yippie Kay Yay Motherfucker

RavensDFan

Veteran
Die hard is fine. Head in the sand is another thing.

I honestly don't want to see Harbaugh go. He has his issues but overall I think he's a pretty good HC. I just think he's digging his own grave right now.

As far as drafting, we can't even be sure who is doing that right now. Is it still mostly Ozzie? Has DeCosta pretty much taken lead? You can't compete in today's NFL without a viable offense. Patchwork isn't going to get it done anymore and we're seeing the results of patching the offense for years now. The days when your defense could carry a pathetic offense are done. They can still carry an average offense, but not a pathetic one. We draft like it's still 1999.

Man what a disappointment Art Brown was, he looked incredible in Kansas State, few years later Brown and Elam are out of the league.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Well, if we traded up to get Ramsey, we wouldn't have picked up what seems to be the next great LT in NFL.
Yeah seriously. Even though Ramsey, Elliot, and Bosa all look like studs, we got ourselves a potential perrenial all pro at the LT position for the next decade. I'd say we did just fine