• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Ravens Offense: Week 6 Edition

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Yeah, liked Maxx a lot I’m school. He’s shown potential for the little time he’s on the field, but they’d the problem, he can’t stay on the damn field.
Did he have problems with injuries in college?

RavensDFan

Veteran
Yeah, liked Maxx a lot I’m school. He’s shown potential for the little time he’s on the field, but they’d the problem, he can’t stay on the damn field.
Have to wonder if he's rushing himself or something. The young ones can do that sometimes, lie about the pain, thinking they need to get on the field.

True but there was this on his draft analysis: " Body is a little soft and could use additional weight work to handle NFL hits". Wonder if he got in that weight work. *shrug*

We whiffed on David Johnson (who we were considering) but every bit of available information pointed to Maxx being the guy, from memory everyone loved the pick.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I really can't blame Weddle for attempting the strip. Not stopping Howard is something else, but there was absolutely NOTHING from the offense to inspire hope they'd move the ball with another punt. I'd assume he figured get the ball loose, kick the fg and get the fuck out with a win.

I'd also like to say I wasn't a huge fan of the Jefferson move initially, but accepted it. Those TDs we're bad. I prefer more athletic safeties if we're actually going to break bread, but it is what it is.

Jefferson is athletic he just doesn't have ball instincts or great ball skills. He's a run stuffer.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
So everyone refuses to trade with Ozzie? It's some giant conspiracy? Because I know we traded up for Flacco, but then again, didn't we have to do that because he traded back and then got nervous? I might be wrong about that but seems that is how I recall it going down. And I'm sure we've traded up before, but it is sooooooooo scarce I can't recall one. Must have been many moons ago.

Other teams do it successfully so perhaps that is another underlying issue.

what it has to be at this juncture is ozze knows he has made top round picks he was certain would build the team and those picks have crashed and burned. oz has moved into a draft pick hording mode. he is trying to overcome his recent inability to select "the guy" with a numbers game where probability would suggest he can come up "with a guy" in the lower rounds that works out. Judon for instance.

trading up, even when he should trade up, is poison to ozze and he just won't do it. once bitten, twice shy

rossihunter2

Staff Member
what it has to be at this juncture is ozze knows he has made top round picks he was certain would build the team and those picks have crashed and burned. oz has moved into a draft pick hording mode. he is trying to overcome his recent inability to select "the guy" with a numbers game where probability would suggest he can come up "with a guy" in the lower rounds that works out. Judon for instance.

trading up, even when he should trade up, is poison to ozze and he just won't do it. once bitten, twice shy

except he tried to trade up for jalen ramsey, he did trade up for maxx, he traded back in for camp, he essentially traded up for wormley... he doesnt seem that shy about it...

you can fall down the rabbit hole thinking about what ifs but still imagine david johnson on this team... jesus

Or Leveon Bell instead of Elam... my point is luck plays a huge part, for example Kevin Colbert isnt some genius GM for drafting Bell because he also whiffed on Jarvis Jones with his first.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Or Leveon Bell instead of Elam... my point is luck plays a huge part, for example Kevin Colbert isnt some genius GM for drafting Bell because he also whiffed on Jarvis Jones with his first.

I will only defend not getting Bell by saying Rice had just been re-signed and his play had more to do with some of the worst OL play I've seen since the 02 Texans, but I get it. BPA, don't draft for need.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
except he tried to trade up for jalen ramsey, he did trade up for maxx, he traded back in for camp, he essentially traded up for wormley... he doesnt seem that shy about it...
and got burned by maxx
tryin to trade up and failing to trade up is not trading up. ramsey is not a raven and neither is litty. wormley and Williams positions were good pot sweeteners, but once again ozze couldn't pull the trigger and once again, don't think many know why.

theres no substitute for a genuine corner. ramsey really hurt us that game.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I will only defend not getting Bell by saying Rice had just been re-signed and his play had more to do with some of the worst OL play I've seen since the 02 Texans, but I get it. BPA, don't draft for need.

agree about ray's 2013 season. never a serious injury, he had tons of football left. the ray rice affair is just typical for the ravens in recent years. maybe its fate but fate didn't draft elam and pass on bell.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to focus a rebuilding process that is all about the O line

what worries me is that the FO think Alex Lewis is better than he really is.

Alex Lewis will never be more than an average linesman IMO

RayRayRaven

Veteran
yeah like marlon humphrey... nor is there a substitute for a cornerstone left tackle...

We need to focus a rebuilding process that is all about the O line

what worries me is that the FO think Alex Lewis is better than he really is.

Alex Lewis will never be more than an average linesman IMO

you know they got lucky with yanda and may think lewis can get there. we certainly miss yanda.

top corners like humpf are hard to come by....lol

and yes the dolphins are lucky to have that cornerstone LT.

22 for 22 read it and weep.
http://www.nfl.com/player/jalenramsey/2555280/gamelogs?season=2016

rossihunter2

Staff Member
you know they got lucky with yanda and may think lewis can get there. we certainly miss yanda.

top corners like humpf are hard to come by....lol
and yes the dolphins are lucky to have that cornerstone LT.

they didnt really get lucky with yanda - they drafted ben grubbs and marshal yanda in the same draft - they doubled down with 2 good guard prospects when they only needed one to pan out short term