• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This could be true but it is worth discussing. I mean Rodgers did fall during the draft and Rosen coukd too
And how many of those teams wish they could take that shit back? Rosen falling that far is going to be a mistake of similar proportions if he turns into a franchise QB. That's a lazy argument

Simba

Staff Member
Lol that part it true no doubt. The lazy criticism part remaims to be seen

I just don't buy into the fact that a guy has question marks because he's not a robot programmed to live and breathe football. Every single player in the league has interests outside of football - Rosen is just more public about it.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
patriots are getting a qb but unless jackson falls to 23 then they wont be taking one in round 1 (and i dont see them trading up for one because they really need an influx of young talent

most likely they take their favourite qb outside of the top 6 with the 64th pick

It's Belichick. Literally anything could happen.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The ESPN article just throws me off. He contradicts himself throughout the interview and I think he'll get himself in trouble. Im not question whether or not he loves the game. The fact that he doesnt NEED the game raises questions for how lon hed want to play the game. I agree with a lot of his opinions being his age and all but i just feel it could end up getting him in trouble.

The fact he doesn’t need the game and still puts in the work and doesn’t take it easy suggests to me he absolutely has to love the game because why else would he be doing it

And I dunno what interview you’re talking about tbf but in everything I’ve seen of him he comes across as curious, intelligent, eloquent and sure of himself which are not things I see as problems at all - if anything they are benefits

This could be true but it is worth discussing. I mean Rodgers did fall during the draft and Rosen coukd too

And I don’t think any team in the league could tell you with a straight face that him falling that far wasn’t the biggest mistake their franchise has made in a while

Rodgers is a great reason why none of this Rosen stuff matters at all

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right but Luck didnt rub people the wrong way like Rosen does. Nothing he says really bothers me but dont you think Belicheck would be pulling his hair out dealing with a milenial like Rosen? I just feel like some old school coaches would have a hard time with Rosen.

I like that Rosen is educated but so is Josh Allen and maybe even more so. I just see a bit of a smart ass in Rosen and idk if that makes a good leader. Not saying he wont be a good player

I guess we see him different ways then - he doesn’t come across as a smartass/asshole to me at all

And leadership comes in many forms but there’s no way his teammates don’t like him if he wins them games and takes them to the promised land

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is also true. Im not apposed to Rosen. Just saying whats being said around media outlets

It’s april- virtually every major new narrative is gonna be false or serving some ulterior motive

Media is slow on a lot of guys because scouts and gms and execs only really get comfortable sharing bits of their boards to media guys around now/media get desperate to not look stupid

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
patriots are getting a qb but unless jackson falls to 23 then they wont be taking one in round 1 (and i dont see them trading up for one because they really need an influx of young talent

most likely they take their favourite qb outside of the top 6 with the 64th pick
If Jackson falls to 16 then Ozzie should be on the phone saying we'll swap firsts for their second.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
According to Schefter the Ravens are signing Willie Snead to a 2 year 10.4m deal. Saints have 5 days to match it.
I hope W.Snead will pass his physical.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
According to Schefter the Ravens are signing Willie Snead to a 2 year 10.4m deal. Saints have 5 days to match it.
I hope W.Snead will pass his physical.

He's not a former Redskin so I think we're good. Also, as much as I wanted Dez, this might be a better fit for our offense since Snead can work the slot. Plus, Snead actually wants to be here while Dez has seemingly shown no interest whatsoever.